Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Kenji Offline OP
OP Offline

ugh......been photoreading weekly and doing activation but I feel absolutly no gut instincts that tell me to go anywhere. I relax and do everything else pretty much to the guidelines of Photoreading. I am also aware at the Alpha level, words are law. Once stated, it becomes a command. I have watched myself and never uttered a word of negativity during photoreading or when Im at alpha level. The only thing that I do feel or know that i got for sure is the structure of the book, you know, u photoread and previewed and such and after doing that like three times u are familiar with the positions of text and subtopics of the book.

Now I face as a Sophmore Chemestry, Pre-Calculus and the dreaded class, Cisco.

Strange though, is that two years ago I photoread the dictionary twice. Sporadically, there have been numerous times that I just blurted out words that I thought I made up and when I look in the dictionary, they were real and conveyed the meaning I wanted to get across.

I need some help with Cisco......anyone got any advice for learning first semester cisco?

The key to learning Cisco (if you are in the networking academy)... is that you have to love routers and networking.

It is possible to photoread Cisco books.... The activation comes when you get on the router and start typing in commands.

Ive been photoreading CCIE level stuff for the last month. It's pretty nice when you can blurt out Administrative Distances for routing protocols

Humphrey www.not5150.com

Administrator
Administrator

What is your purpose? How do you form mind probing questions. The books obviously have information. What do you want to know?

Alex

Kenji Offline OP
OP Offline

What I want from books vary.
For school books I normally have two. One to simply know and be able to answer the questions on tests and homework. The other, is for personal development. What I mean is this

Science- It primarily helps me find loopholes and chinks in the “armor” of various subjects such as exposing the weakness of the enemy, or exploiting the sensitive spots of someone or something. By finding that weakness or loophole, I can find ways to fully exploit it to my advantage so that in business, I can ethically exploit that weakness

Cisco, is to increase my technical agility and have my mind work much more like....a computer? lol...

World History to understand the patterns of the past and from it when to do something and when to withdraw etc.

Mathematics- It helps me build a logical train of thought and through it I can learn and develop the mental capacity to make the obvious, logical connections in anything, from home and gaming to business and rule in nano seconds, not years or decades after I am exposed to the question first time around. By this I can use that train of thought, apply it to business and statecraft to maximize performance and minimize expenditure. Then I use my geometric train of thought amplify and exponentially increase the results of that result.
Now, presently, the most difficult areas are Math and Cisco. From Math I want to be able to increase the logical networks within my left brain to in turn, solve and answer any given questions on what we have covered with ease that equals a child's plaything or at least with far more ease.

Everything else I have clamped down with an iron fist......just Math and Cisco keep at pressure..

I ask too general questions.......like the ones provided in a book. I have a small list of 5 logic class questions in the use of my multiple inteligences... They are
1) What assumptions are being made here? (explicit inexplicit and are they true?)

2) What are the evidence of this? (Is this a fact or opinion, if fact are they always true, if opinion can I trust the source?)

3) Can I think of a good illustration or example this? (fits into any class or category?)

4) What opinions and conclusions can I draw from this are they justified by the material

5) What are the unique key and new points

Why I have yet to deploy them, I don't know.

Administrator
Administrator

Along with those 'rules' I note you've determined exactly how and what is going to be the answer.

Why would you want your mind to work more like a computer what is your purpose behind that and why do you suppose that Cisco is the only way to achieve that? What exactly do you wnat from Cisco that relates to your purpose.

quote:
From Math I want to be able to increase the logical networks within my left brain to in turn, solve and answer any given questions on what we have covered with ease that equals a child's plaything or at least with far more ease.

Why? and do you realise you have a built in limiter in that statement that will prevent you from achiving a goal of being able to solve any given question?

1. Experience will have shown that you can answer any question. The answer doesn't have to be correct and by default you're leaving yourself open to providing incorrect answers.

2. Maths and logic can never be equated with childs play or like a childs thing. You seem to also have forgotten the challenges you experienced as a child with those so called childs playthings your inner mind hasn't. What would be a better representation of success for you?

As for your 5 questions they are interesting and would work well once you answered the fundermental questions. How does it relate to your purpose? Why do you want to know? Why do you need to know. Thirdly do you really need to know it to the depth implied by those 5 questions?

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited November 05, 2003).]

Kenji Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you for your help so far

Now, I am planning to photoread a Cisco tech book as well as my math book.

Why do I want to photoread both books?
Simple, it all comes down to what Anthony Robbins said.

I want to be confident and highly skilled/competant in its knowledge and its application simply because it makes me feel good.

It all boils down to emotions and results. Like I said, I want to be able to learn and retain large amounts of....technical and mathematical text rather quickly and if I need, I will go down to surgical accuracy (ie complex chain commands, sequences etc) and when I have a test of that knowledge be it written or actual use, I can perform it without hesitation and with maximum efficiency.

The emotions I want - confidence, competance and that feeling of power and ease.

Results- scoring high easily and well on any test of my knowledge written or otherwise with maximum efficiency in terms of time and energy spent

After all, if u keep asking the question "why" would we want to have anything it is simply to get an emotion out of it and in most cases if not all of them, it is to feel good. I mean, we all want an abundance of money. In reality, I dont want a deceased notable, I want it's result, freedom.

I know I dont need to be a computer to learn cisco, I just like that feeling of being all "techy"? Like.....a techpriest that would have all this data racing around and when I need I just grab it and go. Lol...there I go again about feeling cybornetic.

Perhaps I dont need math to be child's play. I just want to be able to not struggle with it so much and not go crazy in the process. Ease and maximum efficiency in learning and retaining.

I reject the old notion that changes are long and arduous. Change is instant, just the preparations to maintain that change is what consumes most time I believe.

I wonder how I can apply this to learning another language...

Administrator
Administrator

It's Brilliant that you can explain what Anthony Robbins purpose would be for the book...

How about yours? Is this really the only reason you're photoreading the book?

quote:
I want to be confident and highly skilled/competant in its knowledge and its application simply because it makes me feel good.

... because it makes you feel good. Don't you mean you would expect it to make you feel good when you actually achieve that? So, How do you know it makes you feel good? I know you're saying you don't like the fustrations of not being able to answer maths problems that have been taught with ease. So it is apparent that right now you're not feeling good.

You know another way that you can get away from feeling bad about not being able to answer questions with ease and aviod having to discover that the subjective goal of feeling good isn't true. That getting the answers doesn't make you feel good? You don't do it.

Set a real objective goal something can measure. Feeling good is subjective. A choice you can make about anything. It certainly isn't a purpose if to Feel good right now reading is going to make you feel bad, apprehensive, confused. None of those things represent your goal and in fact remove you from that emotion.

So when I ask what is your purpose. Can you state what you want to know from the book? How you would know that you've found what you're looking for?

If you ask an olympic metalist what his goal was... they are not going to say because it made me feel good. They will say they wanted to challenge themself to see how far they could get. They say they were aiming to win the gold metal. Their purpose was to stand on the podium and receive that metal. Did they feel good? Yep but that wasn't what motivated them. What motivated them was their reason for doing it. If it was to feel good... I doubt they would have gone through the pains of the effort involved.

If you could answer the questions on a test and get 90%+ correct would that be a reason to feel good? I think so. So what do you need to do to get 90% on the test? To be able to answer 'those' questions. Everything else is redundant. How do you know when you've covered the likely questions? You learn them in class. Teacher explains them. They are in the textbook for that year.

How do you get to know that information? you fully activate those textbooks. Checking with yourself that you're learning what you need. How do you get to the point where you can handle those questions with ease? You've made yourself familar with them. You've activated the textbooks, you've run a few mock test. Reason you're doing that. Your purpose is to get 90% or better on that test.

Does that ultimately make you feel good? Sure.

But why do something if the goal is only to feel good.

Choice... have a cup of coffee read the comics = feel good right now. Or
Work through maths book struggle with equasions so that maybe I will feel good later. 99% of the population is going to read the comic the 1% who actually does the maths... feels good while doing it. Human nature wants to feel good now and if you try to defer it to the future then you're not going to get anywhere.

Sure ultimately the end emotion is the same.

Purpose however is your reason for doing it and already feeling good about doing it because you're achieving an immediate goal that relates to your ultimate purpose.

Alex

Kenji Offline OP
OP Offline

lol, then I should have put it another way

Back to that goal setting workshop from anthony Robbins....lol.....

Okay, so I mean to say

I want to feel great, powerful and keenly sharp by the end of X minutes/hours/days of activation or whatever that happens to be, and a measure of that progress of being sharp and knowledgeful is through having questions answered and depending upon how well and fast they were answered.

The ultimate goal for most of my books are its comprehension and retention of its important ideas as well as my ability to apply those ideas. and the results of me retaining, understanding and applying those ideas are what Im after and that makes me feel good.

Administrator
Administrator

So what's the point of activating, reading or photoreading?

How do you measure progress against a subjective goal like "sharp and knowledgeful is through having questions answered and depending upon how well and fast they were answered."

What's the point? yeah, yeah, I know to feel good

If you said I want to know the answer to XYZ then I can see the point (the purpose). And I know that when you reached that point you'll know it. The question remains... how are you going to know when you have reached the point that you've satisfied your goal has been achieved with something as airy as "sharp and knowledgeful is through having questions answered and depending upon how well and fast they were answered."

Emotions are subjective, just as is the purpose that you're telling me you have. It will be as easy to reach as trying to fill a bucket with water using an imaginary seive.

Goals need to be measurable and your purpose are actions /intentions that pull you in the direction of that goal. Guess what? When we're doing things with a sense of purpose we reach our goal of feeling good feeling masterful more often, each time we do something toward the goal. We don't have to wait till we get there.

Ultimately it isn't the achievement of our destination that bring us the most joy it's the journey we take to get there.

Alex

"Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs"

- Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved