Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39318 11/06/03 03:12 AM
OP Offline

With the Whole Mind System, if I am understanding it correctky, you pull you preview the book and pull out key words etc (I am following along with the Personal Learning Course at the moment), then you Photoread the book, and then you select an area of the book (from the index) that you either thought was of interest or use to your goal at befoer the preview stage or that caught your eye while you were doing the previewing. You look at the contents page, and turn to that section and formulate questions about it. Then you superread and dip, or skitter to get the information you want. Pardon me for being ignorant here, but couldn't I just get a book and turn to the section that interests me and pull out what I want anyway? What is the point of Photoreading it, if I have to do all that "leg work" anyway? Also, if Photoreading helps me select parts of a book I might need for essays etc, why don't I just turn to thos sections anyway and get what I need? What, exactly, does Photoreading offer besides this? I kind of expected something more profound! Am I missing something?

#39319 11/06/03 03:21 AM
Administrator
Administrator

When I read the words
quote:
What is the point of Photoreading it, if I have to do all that "leg work" anyway?

I found myself grinning and thinking if you only knew... not all books have indexes that tell you what pages the answer might be on.

Yes you're doing 'leg work' training the mind to get to the purpose of your reading and staying on purpose. With experience that 'leg work' is done in a matter of minutes.

The photoreading part gives your non conscious mind the access to the information that makes all that even faster.

With experiences like spontaneous activation, classroom activation, direct learning and dream activation you realise that a whole lot more is going on.

I'm not going to try and convince you I suggest you try it without and with the photoreading step a few times and see if you notice the difference for yourself.

Alex

#39320 11/06/03 03:29 AM

Relax.

You seem to be a bit flabbergasted by the system's simplicity, and you're also wondering just what the PR step is for when consciously - you're not getting any input.

Have you gone through the system and worked with the steps yet? If not, you may want to try this before writing off the idea of the system as being redundant.

The PR step allows you to easily draw upon a subconscious resource, where by PhotoReading the page you've built the entire book's contents as a foundation to support the information you consciously activate.

Your inner mind not only takes the information to general memory related functions, but works with it in ways you wouldn't even imagine as well. That's something that all alone consciously processing the information just can't do, but your inner mind can with greater speed, creativity, and other beneficial attribrutes.

One book, you're right, likely won't make a difference, but when you're blazing through hundreds of them, you'll begin to start catching onto the clever little nooks and crannies your mind has created for you. Rome wasn't built in a day, and fortunately for a lot of the people involved there in - it didn't fall in a day either.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

[This message has been edited by youngprer (edited November 05, 2003).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved