Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hi,
I've posted messages here before, because I was getting nothing out of Photoreading.
Since then, I have re-done thecourse 3 times and PR every document, book, letter I get - still nothing. I must have spent hours upon hours PRing materials

Sure, the preview, post view skimming etc work to get a gist of the key points, but the PR stage adds nothing at all, other than a few minutes eyes-open relaxation.

I have followed the 5-day plans etc, week in week out on varying material, still nothing.

I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Regards....

Administrator
Administrator

What are your mind probing questions that you formed from your trigger words?

Have you ever gona as far as to mind map any of the books you are activating.

How long are your activation passes? The only way I cannot get anything out of a book is by quitting too soon.

Most importantly what is your purpose? What do you need to know from the books? Vague purpose =vague questions= vague answers Totals a vague idea of the text.

Have you applied the tangerine techniqe?

Alex

Hey guys!

very old post, but I can say something. vague purpose is helpful beccause it cover all the information in the book.example- what is important for me in this book?

if we have very specific question like- what is emotion? what writer says about emotion? then we get only two answers.
photoreading is very easy guys, just do it without feeling bad. it will also work for you when you do it daily for one month.

Alexk, i dont use tangerine technique but i still get good results.so is it important to do?

Learning Strategies Admin

What is important for me in this book... Is a question not a purpose.

Purpose is why you're reading a book. What you expect to learn from it. If your purpose is one question you're lucky to get more from the book than an answer to one question.

That's why you must look at your purpose. What do you think you can gain from the book. What will you do with the information from the book. There is where you'll find your purpose.

When you have a purpose. Your question would start with how does emotion relate to this subject. When and were could I use this information. Should one change their emotions. Is that possible, when, where or how can they be changed. What don't I know about emotions that the author is covering, does it relate to my purpose.

Try the tangerine technique. You it makes a difference if you're easily distracted or unable to focus.

Alex

Ok thanks, i will try that!

The questions are nice alex! But they are so many! It will be tedious to find answers of all questions if i have 100s of questions?
And if my purpose is remembering then what type of question to form? Thanks!!

That's why I say when you found 3 questions during postviewing, you're done. You activate with those three questions about 20 minutes see what comes up. You can refine your purpose and questions as you go.

A good reporter only has 3 key questions when they go and interview someone. They stay on purpose of finding out what is being said and keep in mind their reporting goal.

As a reader you're doing the same thing, you're interviewing the author to learn what he has to offer. Keep in mind your purpose and your questions will flow as you learn what the author has to offer. The key is stay flexible. You have 3 questions that's enough. If you have too may questions, you might need to approach more authors on the subject.

Alex

I can see where the original question was coming from, as I was in the same place. All I can say is that photo reading simply comes alive once you have purposeful and specific questions, and they don't even have to be that many.

Exactly, less can be more.

Alex

so, if I want to read a math book, I have to come up with a question for every single type of math problem in the book? That would take a very long time. It seems to me, it takes about as much time to come up with questions as it does to just read the stupid book.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved