Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#39428 11/12/03 07:05 PM
OP Offline

When I superread I dont feel like I am seeing the whole line, only the few words in the center of the page. How can I increase my vision to see the whole line at a time, while noticing every word.

I know some speed reading courses teach you eventually how to read a line at a time, any suggestion on how I may accoplish this skill would be great. I feel it would greatly amplify my PRing skills.

-Benny

#39429 11/12/03 07:16 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Page 99 to 101 Paul gives some ideas of what you can do to open your peripheral vision. I found watching TV side on interesting.(That's not in the book).

Probably one of the most useful is when you're walking along notice what is in the shop windows, Cars on the road etc, what looking straight ahead. Tell yourself what you are noticing occasionally glace to verify. It becomes interesting when you start describing a person walking about 3 feet behind you off to one side. You just slow your pace and let them pass to check your accuracy.

Alex

#39430 11/12/03 08:02 PM
OP Offline

After doing these peripheral vision exersises does it just become natural to notice everything in a wider scope? Also does it directly effect your reading skills, are you able to read vertically instead of left to right?

Also I heard if you just keep practicing exersises like reading vertically, even if you dont get anything out of it at first your mind will adjust to the change and view it as normal?? Please tell me what you think, and thank you Alex for your first response.

-Benny

#39431 11/12/03 08:07 PM

It's a matter of opening your field of awareness. You can do it easily. You can just affirm that you will do it and you will notice yourself doing it.

Go to a movie and sit in the front row. After a few minutes you field of awareness will naturally open up and the screen won't seem too big anymore. After the movie, you won't be able to remember that too big sensation from sections in the middle of the movie.

You can affirm that you have control of how wide your field of view is, then notice how your control improves each time you Superread.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#39432 11/12/03 09:55 PM
OP Offline

Hey do you think you guys could share your expieriences with this. And how it effected your acclerated learning.

Thank You
Benny

#39433 11/13/03 12:04 AM

Like Paul suggests, using peripheral vision whenever you can is a great thing to do. In conjunction with that, you ought to find out other ways to enhance accelerated learning. (using your learning styles, appreciating all learning material, being optimistic ) It's certainly a fun process!

Recently, I try to go deep into the material that I am learning and figure out many things by asking questions to find out why the author likes this subject or why he/she is writing this book. Of course, this is just one of the things I do. I ask many more questions, use other methods to enhance learning.

Basically, the PhotoReading Whole Mind System puts a lot of suggestions you can work with to accelerate your learning.(eg. asking questions) Don't be afraid to use them in a wide & expanded fashion, and consider adding your own preferred ways as well. (Great Brain Exercise too!)

#39434 11/13/03 06:22 AM
OP Offline

So, does this mean it is only a matter of time and practice before, i can make my peripheral vision nearly as keen as my hard focus. For example being on the freeway and being able to read signs on oppistie sides of the freeway wit out even turning my head.

If that is the case wouldnt it open up a whole new spectrum to one's consiousness. It would be as if I am filtering through 5 times more information daily. Almost like photoreading the world around me. Please give me your thoughts and comments on this. Am I mistaken or is this trully an achievable possiblity with some time and practice??

Also how do you suggest widening your vision when reading. I have no problem getting a blip page, and even noticing the sides of the room let alone the corners of the book. But I cannot visually make out what the first and last word in a line is at the same time. I am sure once i can do that I can start to read vertically with practice instead of left to right. Once agian all suggestions woul dbe great.

-Benny

#39435 11/13/03 07:27 AM
Administrator
Administrator

You're probably already taking in all the data already. The only change you're making is to become aware of it consciously.

You'll notice that what you notice consciously has focus. While photoreading we're trying not to focus on the information consciously that's why we're looking 'past' it, while photoreading. The words are always there and probably always in focus. It's what the mind considers important that it makes us aware of by presenting it in focus. If we saw everything in sharp focus we would have difficulty knowing what to conscentrate on and give our energy to. So in a sense not being able to see everything at once is to our benefit too.

As for reading. Well if you're sounding out the words. Subvocalising then your vision will make it appear that the words you are saying are the only words in focus. A way to help broaden the field when dipping read groups of words, and remember to read for meaning. Be wary of judging words in focus or out of focus because in that way you are telling your mind what to see and what not to see. Like I said, it's all there if you can see the whole page in photofocus (blurred, but you see it). Then you see all the words in superreading too. Simply trust that you will find the important information and if you do find that you're having trouble with superreading, consider skittering.

Any excerises you do to practice "opening" periperal vision are actually only excerises to use what is already there. You're building your awareness of it.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited November 13, 2003).]

#39436 11/13/03 02:08 PM

Try walking around using the tangerine technique. Because you already have experience with it it might be easier to gain more clarity with your periphery than you might otherwise.

It's kind of fun to be in a room full of people and be able to watch all of them at the same time. I do it at work. No one gets away with anything.

-cpc

#39437 11/13/03 02:49 PM

benny,

My thoughts here are directed to your comment and one from AlexK:

"If that is the case wouldnt it open up a whole new spectrum to one's consiousness. It would be as if I am filtering through 5 times more information daily. Almost like photoreading the world around me. Please give me your thoughts and comments on this. Am I mistaken or is this trully an achievable possiblity with some time and practice??"

"It becomes interesting when you start describing a person walking about 3 feet behind you off to one side. You just slow your pace and let them pass to check your accuracy."

Especially when considering perception such as that suggested by Alex - it seems obvious that we have taken a step outside of what would normally be considered "peripheral vision" into something extra-sensory or outside of what is materially considered as possible. I would seem that it just isn't possible to basically see out of the back of one's head. However, I can attest to the reality of such perceptions. It does take some time to develop, but if someone has enough motivation and will persevere, you will eventually begin to become aware of these perceptions. It's like Alex said - these perceptions are already there for everyone - most people just don't learn how to bring the information through to their conscious mind.

I don't feel the need to beat around the bush about the implications of photoreading - this process can help to open the photoreader up to perceptions that move into the realm of ESP. The photoreading process can eventually lead to the ability to perceive the world of thoughts and ideas. Many of the comments of Paul Scheele in the Photoreading book hint at this. In the book by Win Wenger "The Einsten Factor", there are some hints but also some sceptical comments thrown in that try to find some reasonable escape from the possibilities of telepathy and such.

Through my own efforts in meditation over the years I have experienced occasions that provided the definite evidence to me of the reality of these perceptions.

I will share a personal experience along the line of walking about while holding one's mind in a state of peripheral awareness. I say "peripheral awareness" rather than "peripheral vision" because the idea of vision is linked so directly to the eyes. In the case of seeing something that is without a doubt beyond the scope of one's physical eyes we need to broaden our concept of these perceptions.

At a time when I was living in New York City I was walking down the street focused in a state of peripheral awareness - both my "vision" and my awareness. I was breathing deeply and my mind was still and clear - this is a state of mind is known as the warrior's mind. This is from martial arts training where, for instance, if you allow a thought to divide your attention, you will soon find yourself divided by your opponent's blade. I was moving up the middle of my block towards Avenue A when a young man from India who was walking down the block towards me, focused his attention on me and veered his path towards mine. At this point he was almost one hundred feet away from me. The question immediately hit me, "Is he a threat?" I felt a momentary tension in the center of my body - and then a release and relaxation as the answer came back, "No, he just wants to know where to find Key Food." Key Food was a grocery store that was one block up and over from our current location. I continued walking as the man neared me and I had to keep a straight face and consciously resist the impulse to just tell him where the grocery store was until after he asked me the question. "Do you know where Key Food is?" he said.

I hope that this doesn't sound like I have gone off on a tangent here - this sort of awareness if the essence of what is behind photoreading.

If you doubt the reality of the perception of thoughts I will share one more occasion. I was walking directly behind a very perceptive friend of mine with whom I share a close rapport by some five or six feet after having stepped off onto a train platform. I was mulling over my day at college where I was studying painting and where we had a particularly vexing chairperson of the painting department, whose name was Paul. I recall that my thoughts became very focused on Paul and I was thinking in very literal sentences as I thought about "Paul this, Paul that, Paul, Paul, Paul," when I noticed my friend jerk his head with agitation, like there was a bee buzzing about his head, and say, "What's this Paul in my head?!"

So, yes there are amazing possibilities to photoreading. Yes, most people will say that these things are not possible. Yes, it takes real time and effort to develop the consciousness of these perceptions. But everyone has them and everyone can develop a degree of a higher conscious awareness.

Just B.

[This message has been edited by livingsuccess (edited November 13, 2003).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved