Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39441 11/13/03 01:37 AM
OP Offline

I'm going to study in a university more than a month from now and I'd like to prepare myself for it and better my study skills. How long does it take to master PR ? Also how do I use it efficiently and effectively for my studies? ok

#39442 11/13/03 04:04 AM
Administrator
Administrator

One month is plenty of time to learn the course.

I would not consider myself as a master of photoreading (a self limiting statement I believe).

It is best learnt away from study related material. How to apply it to studying? Well first you got to walk before you can run. Learn to apply it to your reading material first. Then explore how to use it for studying. Getting all that information right now can be overwhelming.

Step one get the course or the book and begin using photoreading.

Alex

#39443 11/19/03 12:05 PM

Would it be possible to learn how to photoread in a month using just the book? In addition, since it was adviced that we do not learn to photoread using material that we are studying
, should we use books that we are already familiar with? Any response shall be appreciated.

#39444 11/19/03 02:25 PM

It is possible to learn the system in a month. Learning the system can be done in less than a week. For some a few days.

However, you should revisit the material several times. You will learn more and more everything through it.

Within the system you will be instructed to develop an beginners mindset. This by itself may be hard for many, and others will dismiss it and say to themselves "of course I'm a beginner".

The point I started to make was than many of the ideas are very simple. Take them at face value, don't discard them, don't try and read anything into them that isn't given. Both attitudes will just slow down your progress.

As for what material you what to learn, pick something new and interesting... but not overly technical. It has to do with the information density and the mixing the learning of two things at once. I personally, picked some self development, history, and biographies. All are readily understandable to everyone, factual, and of interest to me.

You are perfection.
Iam2

P.S. Don't learn the system, or use the system with a schedule in mind. You'll just impose mental obstacles. If you want to learn it quickly, then spend time with it. Do you spend 40 hours with it in a month, a week or two days. I don't recommend two days.

#39445 11/19/03 04:49 PM

Thank you Iam2 for your reply. I now have a better understanding on how to approach this course and shall consequently have more fun learning it. Take care.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved