Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39481 11/14/03 08:05 PM
OP Offline

I have read the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov recently, and a lot of it reminded me of LSC and Photoreading. The 'Second Foundation' is basically a secretive foundation of those who have developed, through mental training and education, the power to communicate with little or no vocalization, read emotions and, to some degree, thoughts, and also influence the emotions of others.
I'd like to know a few of your opinions on the subject. Does anyone think that communicating without words, reading emotions(not just vaguely, but acutely) and thoughts is possible by mental discipline and training(lifelong if necessary)?
Also, what about influencing the emotions and thoughts of others? Basically, to what extent do you believe the sixth sense of ESP exists or may exist?
The thing that fascinates me the most about LSC is that they remind me of this Second Foundation so much that I trust just about anything LSC puts out. I'm willing to try out any course they're willing to produce. I don't say I follow blindly, but I trust them to have a leading edge on any other company I know of (in learning advances).
What do you think?

#39482 11/14/03 08:23 PM

I can't speak from knowledge regarding the Foundation series, because I haven't read the whole thing. I think I read the first book when I was in high school.

Regarding "the power to communicate with little or no vocalization, read emotions and, to some degree, thoughts" I can speak from personal experience and knowledge when I say that I know that this is possible. From my experience I do believe that the PhotoReading method is tapping into communication through thought transferral (through connecting to the energetic thought form of the book and also through connection to the thoughts of the authors of the books, and indeed others who have read the books and thought about them, further contributing to the growth and energy of this thoughtform.

For reasons of ethics and morality I will not touch upon the idea of influencing the emotions and thoughts of others directly through such methods.

I also have a very good impression of LSC and their products and courses. It is good to see companies forming that are bringing these ideas down into practical usefulness in the world.

#39483 11/14/03 11:55 PM

I believe that these things are possible - and, because they are, we are bound by a high ethical standard. Rather tritely put, what goes around comes around. Or another way, the power of three (or ten).

quote:
mental discipline and training(lifelong if necessary)?

No - a life time of usage maybe, but certainly does not require a life time to "master."
Reminds me of PR - you believe in it, you get the hang of it, then continue to use it and expand upon it forever.

I've only read a couple of Asimov's books - "I, Robot" was my first scifi venture waaaaaayyy back when I was maybe in Jr.Hi.
Now that you've mentioned the Foundation I think I'll have to go dig it up. You've got my curiosity peaked! Hmmmmm .... should I PR it first or jump straight in ....

*A* fellow traveler

#39484 11/15/03 05:03 PM
OP Offline

If anyone would like to read the Foundation series, I suggest you read them in the order they were written. Publishers have reordered them chronologically, but I know it is much more enjoyable to read them as the author intended. Same with the Robot series(both series are connected in some quite genius ways).

#39485 11/16/03 08:12 PM

Thanks for the tip! I'll do that.

*A* fellow traveler

#39486 11/23/03 06:17 AM

I'd also recomend the Foundation series. Asimov has a perspective of Future History that will illuminate your dreams.

#39487 11/23/03 05:11 AM

I KNOW those things are possible, simply because I've had so many of those situations come up that it couldn't be a coincidence. I've been working with ESP abilities and the like for about 3-4 years half committedly anyway. I'm a natural in precognition, which is the ability to receive impressions of the future(aka prerecognition). That's mostly how I've figured that it's not only possible, but it's real. I get future impressions everyday that always turn out to be right, I've prevented hazards, because of it, I mean heck sometimes I've gotten it through hearing too, but I usually get it through visions. In my mind I thought of the expression, "Curiosity killed the cat." Then next day I got out of class to go pee and when I got done a teacher was yelling at a student across the hall and said, "Curiosity killed the cat" and there's no way that was by coincidence because of an 8 hour day at school at that very spand of 2 minutes she would've had to said that for me to know about it. Anyway, I could go on with stories too, but heck most of them I can remember. Even though I'm VERY intuitive, I still haven't been able to activate anything. Who knows, I'm still working on it, maybe when I do I'll really be good at it. I've work with things associated with ESP like telekinesis. And it takes some serious time and effort, and that's why I think this ability is so rare. There's little psi/pin-wheel things that practicioners use and I got it to the point where I could spin it for 1 hour and a half non stop, and I could have kept going but I started to feel drained, but I'm convinced I could've gone another half hour or more. A good place to learn about it is http://www.psipog.net .Good luck!

#39488 12/12/03 09:28 PM

I have read the serieas from I, Robot to the end of the foundation and found them very fun and interesting. Although I find that Asimov to God-less in his portrayal of characters and I firmly believe He exists.

As far as mind reading goes, I have suspected until recently that I had the ability to do so. This is partially due to a story told by my mother about my great-grandmother. She could take someone by the hand and pick up on their thoughts. I also say suspected this because I have had several incidents where it was the only explanation possible. A good friend of mine (years ago) was singing a song to himself (in his mind) and I picked up on it and hummed it aloud. When he told me that he was thinking it, it marveled both of us. He felt that he had this talent too although found it tough to conscienciously (sp?) trigger it. Well a few days ago as I am doing more mind training lately in other areas I do the same thing to my wife (with whom I have had similar mind reading experiences) and asked her to think of something outrageous. I heard in my head and had a faint picture of what she was thinking so I vocalized it and we both marvelled.
When I was younger, I was very empathic (emotion reading) but it got so hard to tell my emotions from others that I tried hard to turn it off. I find crowds overwhelm me. IT works to my advantage in a classtoom setting though because I tune into the instructor and understand well what they are trying to teach (whether they vocalize it well or not) eventhough I hardly recognize it happening.

As far as influencing others' thoughts, I would stay away from that unless you only have the best of intentions (which suggests that vocalizing it would be better for that anyway), you have their permission, and you respect their ability to clearly choose for themselves. To do anything less is wrong and you may lose the ability I feel. That aside, I have tried and it did not work I think because the other person has to have the receiving ability developed.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved