Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidis Offline OP
OP Offline

I've been listening to this paraliminal tape (the 'meat' of the tape, anyway) 2-3 hours per day for the last 4 days while my attention is diverted. From what I understand, this should give me almost the same results as relaxing deeply - can anyone comment on their results using this 'technique'?

With that said, I'd like to hear how some people have made out with the tape. After a few days I can already, strangely enough, remember dreams so vividly it's scary; huge jump from a few days ago.

What can I expect a week from now? A month? 3 months?

I also use mnemonics and vivid imagery to remember things, which I can do very well, as it is. I'm hoping that this tape can take me to the next level: a photographic memory.

Thanks in advance

I will not waste your time with another of the sometimes questionable, always poorly stated testimonials. I will, however, give you some free advice regarding the paraliminal memory tape - exercise caution in its use.

For two weeks I listened to this tape each day for approximately 5-6 hours. By the 5th or 6th day, I was, as are you, noticing great improvement in my dream recollection (5 to 6 distinct dreams per night!). As my exposure to the tape increased, I found myself prone to EXTREMELY vivid daydreams. These daydreams were very difficult (nearly impossible) to differentiate from reality.

These dreams (or hallucinations, even) were not only very distracting but also occasionally disturbing. It was as though these daydreams were waking nightmares, involving aspects of my surroundings at the time, as well as bizarre and surreal elements. Frequently these daydreams took an unpleasant tone, involving frightening images/scenes. Here is where I shall make the assertion that this aspect may be due to direction (subconscious?) on my part. This does not however, change the fact that these paraliminal memory tapes had a definite negative effect on both my waking thought process and the dreams of my sleep.

Use at your own risk, eh?

[This message has been edited by quasi-intellectual (edited September 13, 2001).]

I've just started using Memory Supercharger too and I've had strange effects also. I haven't noticed a profound change in memory but I have in dream recall. I was using Dream Play previously and decided to move on, not getting desired results and snuck into Memory. I've been using it a week and now I'm aware when I'm dreaming and it's scary how much I recollect and how disturbed my sleep can often be. I think it's kind of neat now but a while down the line...who knows. I'm actually trying to figure out paraliminals because I'm new to them but remembering my dreams is a sign I suppose that somethings happening But anyways, good luck everyone with your paraliminal development.

Tall_Sided

Sidis Offline OP
OP Offline

Owned = me?

Owned = me.

[This message has been edited by Sidis (edited September 17, 2001).]

Now this is my honest opinion and my opinion alone, and that is with abuse comes conseqences. Each tape comes with instruction on the proper usage of these tapes. Listen to them once a day for twenty or so minutes for 1 week, and then once a week thereafter for a month. Listen as needed after that. You Guys have been pushing the envelope listening to them 5 to 6 or more hours daily, continuous looping, etc. Guys, this is nothing to play with, we are talking about your mental well being. This is powerful stuff and you all are acting like a kid playing with a loaded gun.
If you wanna scramble your brains, be my guest. D*** it!!!! Please ahear to the instructions

Just an idea for people learning about memory.

Have you ever read "The mind of a mnemonist - A little book about a vast memory" by a guy called Luria? There is a chapter devoted to how a man called "S" and never fully named, who has an amazing natural capacity for recalling data, uses mnemonic techniques of his own creation for permanent storage of information.

It also goes into the down-side of having a mind that works like that. But it is a fascinating read!

Also, there is the "Memory Optimizer" hopefully coming out soon. Can't wait!!!

Administrator
Administrator

Use vs abuse of Paraliminal technology is an issue worth considering. Allenhm makes a good point in his opinion expressed to quasi and sidis.

Any resource misplaced can act as pollution. Any good thing taken to an extreme, or put into the wrong context can be a bad thing. Crude oil is a great natural resource. But you wouldn't want to dump it all over your bed.

When developing Paraliminals, I put explicit directions in the case card and in the introduction of the recordings to make sure you set goals. Congruent goals consistent with your higher purposes will effectively contextualize your directives each time you listen to a recording.

When you play just the changework portion of the recording for 5-6 hours a day, you are pulling down the important ecology checks that the mind normally uses. Without explicit goals, what are you telling the mind to do?

A problem with memory is an advantage of mind. A function called "repression mechanisms" keep unnecessary and irrelevant information out of the conscious flow of thought. When you disregard the importance of repression and bulldoze it down with constant barrage...what do you expect?

TELL YOURSELF WHAT YOU WANT FROM YOUR MIND! Let it work for you. BUT YOU HAVE TO WORK WITH IT!

Access to repressed memory function is useful, but you want to make sure it is working to deliver what you want, not everything all the time.

HELLO? GET IT?

Take responsibility to manage your mind. Alcohol is not banned from public consumption. AND people are expected to drink responsibly. Those who abuse their mental faculties are going to have the FDA and FCC shut things down. They have already threatened to regulate relaxation tapes as medical devices. Think about it.

Use the Paraliminal tapes responsibly. Contextualize their use by setting explicit goals. Relax and let the mind do its best work for you.

I would also add, doing this today will reverse any problems you may have generated for yourself in the past. Afterall, that's the whole point of self-development.

Paul,
Thanks for this reply. It was needed.

I feel depressed because some people who knowingly choose to not follow directions are often the first to sue when the results become harmful.

Your Paraliminal technology has benefited me greatly in the last 6 yrs. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by PaulScheele:
Use vs abuse of Paraliminal technology is an issue worth considering. Allenhm makes a good point in his opinion expressed to quasi and sidis.

Any resource misplaced can act as pollution. Any good thing taken to an extreme, or put into the wrong context can be a bad thing. Crude oil is a great natural resource. But you wouldn't want to dump it all over your bed.

When developing Paraliminals, I put explicit directions in the case card and in the introduction of the recordings to make sure you set goals. Congruent goals consistent with your higher purposes will effectively contextualize your directives each time you listen to a recording.

When you play just the changework portion of the recording for 5-6 hours a day, you are pulling down the important ecology checks that the mind normally uses. Without explicit goals, what are you telling the mind to do?

A problem with memory is an advantage of mind. A function called "repression mechanisms" keep unnecessary and irrelevant information out of the conscious flow of thought. When you disregard the importance of repression and bulldoze it down with constant barrage...what do you expect?

TELL YOURSELF WHAT YOU WANT FROM YOUR MIND! Let it work for you. BUT YOU HAVE TO WORK WITH IT!

Access to repressed memory function is useful, but you want to make sure it is working to deliver what you want, not everything all the time.

HELLO? GET IT?

Take responsibility to manage your mind. Alcohol is not banned from public consumption. AND people are expected to drink responsibly. Those who abuse their mental faculties are going to have the FDA and FCC shut things down. They have already threatened to regulate relaxation tapes as medical devices. Think about it.

Use the Paraliminal tapes responsibly. Contextualize their use by setting explicit goals. Relax and let the mind do its best work for you.

I would also add, doing this today will reverse any problems you may have generated for yourself in the past. Afterall, that's the whole point of self-development.

Hi Paul.

I think what you are saying is informative, but I can'y help but get another vibe from what the people who "abused" the "Memory Supercharger" are doing. Well, I am forced to think of the "Centerpointe" book by Bill Harris "The management of Evoluntionary Change". In that work, he talks about people raeching a kind of critical mass before they move onto, or into, a higher level of being and functioning. To me, the stress and intense discomfort, however it is expressed (waking dreams) might be a side effect of those people moving up a level. Maybe if they kept on with it, they would move into a higher level of memory functioning. What do you think?

Darth Vader:
I totally disagree, I'm a user of the holosync program by Centerpointe and I think that you are misunderstanding the use of holosync technology. Mr Bill Harris does not condone starting out with the program using dive and immersion for 5 to 6 hours daily. there are very strict guidelines and instruction with the use of this technology. Let me re-iterate. For the first 14 days (2 weeks) you listen to dive only for 30 minutes, then after that, you incorporate immersion for the next thirty minutes in which you will be meditating for approx 1 hour a day. There is nowhere in the program that states that you blast yourself with binural beat 5 to 6 or even 24 hours a day. At that rate, there will be evolution in change alright, not order from chaos, but utterly, total madness from chaos. No thanks, I'll just continue with holosync and the paraliminal the right way by adhering to the proper use of these while keeping overwhelm and mental madness to a minimum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved