Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Hi allenhm

I think that I could have been more specific with what I meant when writing my last post. I wasn't referring to the Centerpointe programme as such. I was referring to the theory of Ilya Priogine (Is that the correct spelling?) tht Bill Harris refers to in the booklet. I am not advocating abuse of the powerful "Paraliminal" or "Holosync" technology, but just throwing in the idea that sometimes before evolution can take place there may be a certain amount of discomfort experienced, including things that are out of the ordinary. What if, on the other side of the mayhem that sidis and quasi are experiencing lies enhanced mantal functioning in terms of memory? I think I will try "Memory Supercharger" overload myself and see what happens.

I remember something I tried when I was studying Russian at university. One day I went to th language lab and listened to the Russian news for three hours non-stop. After a while I found that I was getting intensely irritated at having to sit there and listen and watch, but as I went through the pain barrier, I found that resistence was broken down. That night I spoke to a Russian in her native language and her first comment was, "Wow! Your Russian has really improved". My experiment worked. I was trying to create the same conditions that you experience when you live in a foreign country, and as far as I can see, it worked. When you have to live in another country you are immersed in the experience and in the language. You hear it constantly. You live it, feel it, breathe it and dream it.

So these guys are getting vivid dream recall and hallucinations. I admit, the last bit is not good at all, but think of it this way: They are getting more vivid mental imagery, and, according to mnemonists, the mind works in pictures so might it not be that they are getting closer to the goal of "photographic memory" by doing what they did? I think it could be, but I'm not saying it is. It's just an idea. But the idea of using mental pictures and other imagery to great effect is studied in a book by Luria I referred to in another post.

Another thing I found interesting about some of the side effects mentioned by sidis and quasi was that it seems like the same type of complaints some people have had when practicing "Image Streaming". Check out Amazon.com and look at the reviews of "The Einstein Factor".

Whats up Darth:

Very well put reply I agree with you 1000%
I'm not attacking your post and reply. What I'm attacking is the fact that you shouldn't have to abuse a technology to obtain those results. With regular use and following the instructions, those effects will be obtained and the brain/mind will be able to handle the stimuli a lot better. It's like when you start lifting weights, you don't start out bench pressing 350lbs especially if you've been a couch potato for the past 10 years, You work your way up to 350 gradually not coming out of the starters block full bore.

Margaret: Thanks a million (or 1000%, allenhm) for your reply! I find that often, people will read the posts on a message board but fail to grasp the significance of them. It is only when they are quoted in entirety within another message that they are driven home into the repressed activated quadrant of the paraliminal bipolar brain. THANK YOU(insert superfluous exclamation points here).

-Quasi

quote:
Originally posted by allenhm:
Whats up Darth:

Very well put reply I agree with you 1000%
I'm not attacking your post and reply. What I'm attacking is the fact that you shouldn't have to abuse a technology to obtain those results. With regular use and following the instructions, those effects will be obtained and the brain/mind will be able to handle the stimuli a lot better. It's like when you start lifting weights, you don't start out bench pressing 350lbs especially if you've been a couch potato for the past 10 years, You work your way up to 350 gradually not coming out of the starters block full bore.

Your reply is also very well put and absolutely true! And, by the way, you can "attack" my posts all you like. I think it is great that people can be so open about expressing views on this forum, and I am always pleased to see how mature and genuine the posts are on this discussion board.

It is easier to feel the pain if you tried that with the weights than it is doing something radical with your mind. I think that one of the problems humans have is that they want the results like...yesterday or they lose interest, so they go at things like a bull at a gate. What is it they say in the East? "The journey of a thousand leagues begins with a single step".

Have fun and "May the force be with you!"

Darth:

That "I Want It Now" syndrome, is called "The Instant Gratification diease". But seeing that we know so very little about the brain and the mind it is called "The Last Frontier" or if you are a Star Trek fan, "The Undiscovered Country". When lifting weights, especially if you are out of shape and you over do it, you're feel it right away in the form of torn muscles, pain, etc. But with the mind, you wouldn't get any early indication that you F***ed up until it's way to late and there you are feelin bad, regretting the new shape that you're in. Thats why I hope that none of us are that crazy to want instant results that you would be willing to scramble or destroy something as magnificent and complex as the mind and the human brain.

Sidis Offline OP
OP Offline

In one breath you're speaking of the human brain as though it's some majestic entity that possesses infinite capabilities, then in the next you're comparing it to something as limited as a muscle. It's neither, of course; it's analogous to nothing since we haven't yet begun to grasp how consciousness manifests itself, thus making any attempts to draw comparisons infinitely meaningless. At the risk of sounding indignant to the scientific community, I hold it to be a truth that understanding consciousness is an impossibility given the currently accepted modes of procedure, analysis, and thought. Anyways, who cares, really? Moving on..

If these results can be achieved by anyone, how come they're not? I say they're not because I have yet to see proof from any regular posters on this forum that the system works. Judging by the quality of writing on this board, some who claim to have had great success with the system must have been retarded prior to purchasing it if their current state is an exceptional improvement (Margaret, I'm talking to you - this time I didn't pick the name out of a hat but chose it specifically because I find her to be a tool (literally)). Darth, Allen, Paul, and Quasi (always constructive, eh? heheh)- you're all fine, but I'd like to hear some testimonials involving specifics.

I'll now address those matters which I find most connected with my original post.

1) "Abuse of the tapes"

If it's working for me, I will continue to do it. This is more of a stress test that I'm conducting for my own motives; I want to see if this stuff really works and the best way to see if there is any profound effect is to abuse the system and see if there are any drastic implications associated with abuse to discern if the tapes even have the possibility of altering my consciousness;

2) "Dream recall"

Not only am I experiencing superb dream recall, but I also find myself lucid during the dreams and able to decide what I'll dream about (at least 1 out of the 6 dreams, that is) prior to falling asleep. Could someone account for this? Paul? ;

3) From other posts, the famed "Guy who listened to the tapes for 3 months straight and had a photographic memory at the end"

Would someone care to comment on this rumor? This is what really started my interest in this 'experiment'.

4) "Conscious recall"

Again, I have yet to see anyone tell me they've noticed a significant increase in their ability to recall useful information. I've had spontaneous recollection of things like pages from books, or repressed childhood memories, but I haven't been able to consciously direct my memory so that I'm recalling practical information; there's been no improvement as far knowing things I want to know when I want to know them goes. Of course I've never had much of a problem in that area, but that isn't the point.

I'd really like to see a discussion on the topic of WHAT HAS BEEN EXPERIENCED WITH RESPECT TO THE TAPE rather than an argument over how much is too much (though Paul has said previously that the memory supercharger tape is one that can be listened to as often as you like.. "more is better" was actually used in one of his posts long ago). When discussing improvements generated by, what you think, is the tape, please include the SPECIFICS of your use and a little about yourself both before and after you began consistently using it.

-Sidis

Note: 1000% agreement is impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been using the memory tape for a while now and like Sidis I have noticed no profound integration or development of my memory. Though I'm a novice to paraliminals I've still been using them long enough to have the experience to question their effectiveness. Alike Sidis, the only real change I've noticed is in dream recall. I'm a student like many others on the LS forums and therefore have mass amounts of information pooling into my mind day after day. I've yet to notice any difference in what I remember from my classes since I started using Memory Supercharger. So, like Sidis, I would like to hear some true testimonials to reinforce my faith in these tapes. And no, I'm not a cynic or anything like that so please don't blame my ill progress with these tapes on being close-minded or some other foolish thing like that. Produce some convincing facts and I'll be happy As before, even though my progress has been limited, I wish everyone the best of luck with their paraliminal learning.

i read the first post and i was wondering what does he mean by listening while his attention was diverted? does he mean like when watching tv or say practicing martial arts? i was just wondering, does this really help it go right into the subconscious? if anyone can help me please reply. And is it good to go to sleep while listeinign to these tapes or will this diminish the results?

quote:
Originally posted by Sidis:
I've been listening to this paraliminal tape (the 'meat' of the tape, anyway) 2-3 hours per day for the last 4 days while my attention is diverted. From what I understand, this should give me almost the same results as relaxing deeply - can anyone comment on their results using this 'technique'?

With that said, I'd like to hear how some people have made out with the tape. After a few days I can already, strangely enough, remember dreams so vividly it's scary; huge jump from a few days ago.

What can I expect a week from now? A month? 3 months?

I also use mnemonics and vivid imagery to remember things, which I can do very well, as it is. I'm hoping that this tape can take me to the next level: a photographic memory.

Thanks in advance

when you say attntion diverted what do you mean? like watching tv or reading? whats the best way? thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Sidis:
I've been listening to this paraliminal tape (the 'meat' of the tape, anyway) 2-3 hours per day for the last 4 days while my attention is diverted. From what I understand, this should give me almost the same results as relaxing deeply - can anyone comment on their results using this 'technique'?

With that said, I'd like to hear how some people have made out with the tape. After a few days I can already, strangely enough, remember dreams so vividly it's scary; huge jump from a few days ago.

What can I expect a week from now? A month? 3 months?

I also use mnemonics and vivid imagery to remember things, which I can do very well, as it is. I'm hoping that this tape can take me to the next level: a photographic memory.

Thanks in advance

Sidis Offline OP
OP Offline

Anything that keeps my focus away from the tape.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved