Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#3425 08/28/01 01:33 AM
Peter Offline OP
OP Offline

Is this forum gay friendly?

If so, what Paraliminal tapes would be good to help a guy in his twenties with coming out.

If not, f*** off! (Just joking.)

#3426 08/28/01 04:03 PM

Self Esteem Supercharger, Get It Done

#3427 08/29/01 05:19 AM

You might also try Instantaneous Personal Magnetism and model someone who has already "come out" that you admire.

Mike

#3428 08/29/01 03:40 AM

Coming out as a homosexual isn't a big deal and I don't see why one would make it into one.

#3429 08/29/01 11:16 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

You've come to a good place. We have thousands, if not tens of thousands, of gay men and women as clients and customers. Most of our members would be supportive of you; the others, I hope, would have the decency to keep hushed.

Of all the Paraliminals, Belief is probably the most useful. At least that is what many have told me.

It supports that you are able to live in this world as a gay man and will be able to develop a strong, lasting relationship with another man. Since the world you must live into is different than the world you grew up expecting, Belief can be a great ally.

Anxiety-Free will help quell any anxieties and fears, and help you project strength. This is very useful when telling people you are gay. So is Self-Esteem Supercharger (which is also good when things don't go as well as you would have liked).

New History Generator can help clean up things from the past, especially any less than favorable comments friends and family may have made about gay people. It can also help with any memories of people calling you sissy, fag, etc.

Sidis is right that coming out as a homosexual is no big deal, if it wasn't for all of the other messages you may have received through your life. Some of the messages are positive that may have prepared a straight kid for a picket fence, wife, two kids, and Rover--those can frustrate and confuse a gay kid trying to navigate through his teens. And some of the messages are hurtful, and their is no need to go into them here.

Personal Celebration is also very, very supportive.

And, practicing Spring Forest Qigong will help build your energy for protection as well as living powerfully in the world.

#3430 08/30/01 03:49 AM

Apparently, I'm the only person offended by this question. Does this DF need to be gay friendly? Vegetarian friendly? Buddhist friendly? What does any of that have to do with the discussions that take place in this DF?

I should be able to accept you as a human being without regard to your sexual preference, religious background, race, socio-economic status, or any of those factors. Why can't I accept you as Peter? Why do we need to discuss the issue of your orientation unless it relates directly to the paraliminals? Why not skip the "gay friendly" question and proceed directly to...Will paraliminals assist me as I choose to share my sexual orientation with my friends and family? That's a question that can be directly addressed and does not put anyone in the position of deciding if they are "gay friendly" or not. I'm willing to bet that most on this DF are "Friendly" and would be willing to contribute to your journey in any way they can.

#3431 08/30/01 05:33 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree completely with you. There might by
some sane gay people in this forum who never
make some noise about it. They are just paraliminal users as everyone else.
However, an increasing number of homosexuals
are trying to create some special attention
and demand acceptance. I see some degree of
force in this attitude.

#3432 08/30/01 07:32 AM

Pete: Thanks so much Pete. I really appreciate your response. I find that my own level of self-acceptance has impacted the way I function professionally in my training in emergency medicine. Self-confidence is my main theme, and I fully believe that if I accepted myself even more so for who I am, it would be reflected in my work. I know I'd perform better and be a better physician. I have really been trying to work on this and have prayed for some answers. And tonight I saw your message. Thank you again! I have had wonderful success with the paraliminals, and am now inspired to add Anxiety-free, Belief, and Personal Celebration to my collection. My own personal happiness would have taken longer to achieve if I didn't have my paraliminals (namely Personal genius, self-esteem s/c, and Deep Relaxation).

Peter: Just be "normal" about it. That's helped me immensely. If you're normal about it, how can people react otherwise? If you're defensive or embarrased about it, people will react to that. Just look at some of the responses in this forum. Some of the responses show you that it doesn't need to be a big deal, and if you're normal about who you are, you'll meet and attract people who will always appreciate you for you. The totality of your being is NOT your sexuality. Remember that sexuality is only a small part of who we truly are. Good luck to you.

#3433 09/18/01 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by slithy toves:
Apparently, I'm the only person offended by this question. Does this DF need to be gay friendly? Vegetarian friendly? Buddhist friendly? What does any of that have to do with the discussions that take place in this DF?

I should be able to accept you as a human being without regard to your sexual preference, religious background, race, socio-economic status, or any of those factors. Why can't I accept you as Peter? Why do we need to discuss the issue of your orientation unless it relates directly to the paraliminals? Why not skip the "gay friendly" question and proceed directly to...Will paraliminals assist me as I choose to share my sexual orientation with my friends and family? That's a question that can be directly addressed and does not put anyone in the position of deciding if they are "gay friendly" or not. I'm willing to bet that most on this DF are "Friendly" and would be willing to contribute to your journey in any way they can.

Whoa! Uptight!

I think that, if you read Peter's post again, you will see that he did ask a question that related directly to the use of Paraliminals.

Good luck Peter!

#3434 09/18/01 10:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Darth Vader:
[B] Whoa! Uptight!

Alright, perhaps you're right. I indicated that Peter's second question was a valid one. Whether I'm "gay friendly" or not (whatever that means), I'm capable of empathizing. I can only imagine the daily personal stress of living as something you're not and worrying about the people you care about finding out. That's a true and important concern that deserves to be dealt with. Peter is on a difficult journey and we should be willing to help him out.

Perhaps I'm just put off by the current "in your face" gay agenda. I watch American TV these days and wonder where the minorities have gone. Every show has at least one gay person, though. Is this really representative of reality? If I didn't live here, I'd assume that America was half gay and most of the non-whites had moved somewhere else.

So, back to the point, is the first question really relevant? I think not. Ask the second question and count on support from a good group of people.

Now, let the charges of gay bashing begin...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved