Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

I am going to do what many of you did to get good at pr, which is to photoread as many books as one can daily and activate one book every week.

However, I only have so many books at home. And my house is wayyyy too far from the library. No car anyway

So, but I do have sufficient books to keep me busy for a while, certainly so for the duration of my one month xmas break which is coming up in two weeks.

I am just wondering if it will work just the same if I photoread the same books daily. Or must I photoread different books to get the effect?

Administrator
Administrator

You can photoread the same book 10 times in a day if you want. It might not be quite as interesting as photoreading a larger variety but it will get you comfortable with photoreading a lost faster.

Alex

The web is full of free ebooks.
Have a look around and search for books that interest you.

These ebooks are usually in Abode format.
This is handy because Abode has a feature which enables you to watch the pages flicker by at a set pace i.e 1 page per second.

For previewing I'll set the page to turn a little slower, so I can consciously take in trigger words.

For activation, I'll set the page turn to suit my needs.This is excellent, because it keeps the flow going, and you can fully relax, no pages to turn or book to keep steady.

So, you don't even have to turn the pages, just sit back and let the information enter your brain.

One last thing.Don't worry about running out, there are masses of them.

Just found this free eBooks

Should keep you busy.

Hey, flex22 (or anyone else)?

Could you elaborate on how to have an auto page flip in Adobe? Can it be used in html format, in offline mode, or either?

Open Abode
Click Edit
Click Preferences
Click Full Screen (from within preferences)
Tick the "Advance every" button

Specify the value in the box to the right.The value being the number of seconds.

Click OK.

To test this, open an abode document.
Click "Window" in the toolbar, then click
"full screen view."

You should now see the page automatically forward, at the pace you spcified in the value setting.

If you need any more help, just let me know.

Alas, I'm not aware of any way to do this in html, or Word.
If you, or anyone else knows of a way, which I've missed, please let me know.

Thanks!

If I Photoread books over and over again through e-books, would it be as effective, less effective...etc compared to photoreading binded books? Just want to be assured it'll not be less effective in the learning process when one hasn't successfully activated yet.

Administrator
Administrator

I found it to be a little more difficult on a computer because its a bit more difficult to start activating from where you want and opening the right page at random quickly is more difficult to achieve. It forces you to activate from front to back or back to front but the skipping around is lacking.

Personally I find bound books faster to activate whereas computer is faster to photoread. On the whole you would expect to increase your speed in both methods. I consider it wise to practice with bound books because of the physical movement involved that often throws beginners out of photofocus.

Alex

Maybe it's just me, but I usually activate going forward anyway.I don't skip around all the time, in fact, I thought it was important to keep going forward and not going back on yourself.

Can you confirm Alex, that you mean skipping around, as in:
- Going straight to a certain page, then going forward
- Going back on yourself
- just going around (not sure if this includes going back)

Anyway, apart from that, I see your point.If printer ink was cheaper, I would print out all of my white papers, unfortunately they are expensive.

Administrator
Administrator

The best feature of photoreading is you ability to zero in on where you impulses guide you. This isn't just for dipping. Also for opening chapters, pages, sections of the book that answers the most important questions (to you) first. You build comprehension best buy building onto what you already know and what perks your curiosity. This most often means you don't necessarily want or need the information in the order that the author has pesented it (Novels usually, yes and even then not always).

This may mean that you superread a page without dipping and then later superread and dip that page because something layered the need for that information. Yes, it means you may even go back a couple of pages or activate the book backward. It means that you may superread some pages 2 to 8 (or more; it's allowed) times before you actually dip on anything on that page.

This is what is meant by building the comprehension or getting the book to gel through multiple activation passes.

The benefit is it uses your base knowledge to start building your comprehension and that is often not the same linear pattern the author has presented the chapters in.

So by asking yourself mind probing questions and considering your purpose you will be able to start anywhere in the book. After all you've photoread the thing in the authors sequence you and it's has already been recognised internally so you can now go directly to what you want and need to know consciously.

Bit like looking at a buffet without taking anything but quickly walking past everything to see what's there (photoread). Then activate by going directly to what you want to eat. In the eating you might discover it has given you an appertite for more and you are free to go back for more (multiple activation passes) or you found exactly what you wanted and had enough for now (the buffet will be there id you want more later).

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved