Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3450 08/28/01 10:34 PM
OP Offline

Can someone give me so advice?

Maybe I need to think about my troubles with interaction as oppose to intellectual brain function. Although most the things that I am doing will help me in this area, my goal has been different to increase my intelligence by holosync, shakti, paraliminals, photoreading.

Talking to people, issues:

- Anxiety, worried about what the person is thinking about me. About the way I am speaking, the way I look and am perceived.
- Anxiety, worried about what the person is going to do to me, fear – related to past issues.
- Anxiety, worried about what people are thinking who are close by.

When I first meet someone new, issues:

- Quiet/shy/embarrassed, not confident enough to go up to them.
- Not knowing what to say, how to approach.

Selling something, public speaking issues:

- Quiet/shy not sure how to approach.
- Blushing embarrassment, again anxiety and worried what person/people are thinking about me.

Okay so in essence what is happening is when I’m put in one of the above situations the response of my body is anxiety. Thus I can’t think, I’m worried and my ability to function socially is shutdown and hence I try to avoid social interaction.

Questions – Given the above, what paraliminals could I use to help me. And how would I use the paraliminals, in terms of stating goals etc. I have trouble stating goals at the beginning of the paraliminal, are you supposed to keep the goal in mind while listening to the paraliminal. I find that hard because I get very sleepy during listening causing me to forget, and I also like to combine the paraliminal with ces and light and sound.

#3451 08/29/01 03:24 AM

I would definately start with Self-Esteem Supercharger. This tape is an amazing foundation for any other paraliminal you use.

After the 2 week period the instructions suggest, I might go on to New Behavior Generator to model someone for the selling and public speaking issues.

Give Self-Esteem a fair shot and then tell us about your progress. Personally, I like this tape and I've had good results with it - I hope you do to!

Mike

#3452 08/29/01 07:21 AM

Hi
First, it doesn't sound to me like a paraliminal should be your first line of attack. In your position, I would begin with Spring Forest Qi Gong, available from Learning Strategies at the rather gargantuan price of $200. They *do* offer a money-back guarantee, though, so if doesn't work in a month, call them and ask them to extend it another 2 months. They will.
Next, check out "The Thyroid Solution" by Dr. Ridha Arem. Maybe your thyroid is not involved with this, but you owe it to yourself to read the most advanced book on this subject! I did!
Check out Nathaniel Branden's audio cassette about anxiety and depression. It should be available from Laissez Faire Books. They have an 800 number, and the cassette is reasonably priced.
Buy "Self-Creation" by Dr. George Weinberg. Write out the thoughts and feelings that come to you when you attempt to do things. In turn, as a result of continually rereading this book, you will get other ideas about the ways you restimulate your anxiety unknowingly.
Seek out a counselor with whom you have alot of empathy. Some people have a knack for making it easier for us to unburden ourselves. These people may be student therapists or just friends. Getting someone both competent and empathetic can be a real hassle--incredibly time-consuming and expensive--so that's why I wouldn't worry too much about absolute competence, but instead focus on empathy.
At this point, get the self-esteem supercharger. You may want to purchase it earlier. But whenever you go into paraliminals, remember:they are never good substitutes for responsible action.

Good Luck,
Mike
moochy_hope@yahoo.com

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved