Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#39967 12/25/03 07:26 PM
expance Offline OP
OP Offline

Hell again,

A coupld of ideas on activation. During term I remember not having time to activate. The stuff that I did photoread was activated via written reports and assignments. I.e. the questions in the assignments would be based on photoread material. Would this be deemed as legitimate activation.?

#39968 12/26/03 01:49 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Yes that is deemed ligitimate activation. Anything and any method by with the information is brought forward to the conscious mind is is activation.

In other words if at the end of the day you had a satisfactory level of comprehension or understanding of the text that is relevant to you then it was activated.

Alex

#39969 01/04/04 03:26 AM
expance Offline OP
OP Offline

Happy New to all,

While you all were partying, alas, I spent most of my time activating my course material. Sad I know, but lets not go down there...

I am finding the activation taking almost as much time as regular study. However, I finding it easier to grasp the concept through the mind mapping technique.

As things stand I have photoread everything. Just activated 25%. The activation starts with looking up my earlier recorded trigger words. I have found on several occassions that the trigger words were random and susiduary to the solution. So I have to spend a few minutes writing up the trigger words according to the sequence of reading material. For example bullet one would be analogue signals. Bullet two digital signals until the end of chapter is reached. Based on the correct sequence I am able to mind map. Prior to mind mapping I rapid read, which often ends up as normal reading.

Mind mapping is most taxing in time. Mind mind wanders as I want to be creative in diagrams. I always thought that I can work on my five subjects simultaneously. The reality is that I currently devoting all my time on most challenging subject. At current rate I should be finished with this subject by Tuesday next week. I would then have a week to activate the other four. What am I doing wrong?

#39970 01/04/04 05:10 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Work in shorter time blocks of say 30 to a max of 45 minutes and take a break after that.

In the last 5 minutes review the work you've just done and in the beginning of th e next 5 minutes review again. This helps with refreshing the mind and helps with incubation.

Also rotate the subjects the one you are having trouble with probably needs more incubation time. Create a time table where you spend a specific amount of time on each subject.

Things have a habit of growing into the amount of time you think you have for it. By being more specific with your personal daily deadline, e.g. I'm going to study 'this; for the next 45 minutes and at the end of 45 minutes I'm going to stop whether I'm finished or not. Will ultimately pull you back to your intention of getting to know the subject in a reasonable amount of time.

From the sounds of it you're learning everything for the first time. Remember that learning builds in layers and unless you take regular breaks the mind becomes overwhelmed. And a point to learning the mind remembers best the first thing that it learnt during a study session and the last. So it stands to reason to have more starts and finishes than one long winded study period.

Research also shows studying one thing longer than 4 hours (even with breaks) has an unlearning effect. You crush what you've already learnt so make sure you have an effective study time table.

Avoid overworking your mind map. Remember it's purpose is to help you to recall the information if you're too busy being creative you forget the relevance of why you put it on the mind map, use the first thing that comes to mind and save the creative parts for the review when you add links to reinforce the information that hasn't taken hold.

As for activation seeming to take as long as regular reading... since most people fail to actually read their textbooks using a fingers crossed I hope I learnt it in class method... how can you tell it's taking almost as long.

The value of the information and how you resonate with it (it's making more sense) is definately worth the time and with more actual experience in activation your time will be shorter too.

Make a time table and slot all your subjects for action. Aim for your best passing grade in each so don't favour one over the others and working with all the subjects gives you unimagined connectors that may help the subject you're having difficulty with.

Alex

#39971 01/05/04 07:13 PM
expance Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you Alex for the mine of information. I just wish there was a way to make my mind quicker on the uptake. I seems that I need twice as long for the penny to drop. For the info to click in.

Happy New Year

#39972 01/05/04 08:42 PM

Activation has been my challenge in learning to photoread.

I just listened New Behavior Generator as part of the Decisive Action PLC. With a goal to integrate learning of photoreading to my everyday life.

I photoread the PR book before the session in order to deepen my understanding of the behaviors needed in order to succeed in PR. I used Paul as role model since his voice and picture is familiar.

Before this I made some thinking, it would be much better to have someone that you have met.

The process for learning to photoread has been very valuable. I started with the PR PLC, then Ideal Mindset, Genius Code and finaly Decisive Action (original drive for PR came from first time with the GC). Decisive Action PLC was realy a good re-discoverly.

I had it in the book self for two years not using it, all the time I sufferent from not taking action. Somehow I realy didnīt realize the power of decisive action.

It just came to mind that perhaps you could use New Behavior Generator (or the whole decisive action course), in order to implement the learning behaviors that Alex describes.

If you know someone who has succeeded well with the photoreading, or for example mind mapping. Using New behavior generator / decisive action could boost your learning.

Alex, could you comment also from this perpective.

I would specialy appreciate tips on applying Decisive Action, Concistent Achievement, Natural Brilliance PLC's for learning good PR performance.

I have used Ideal Mindset PLC and it brought me very strong belief that I'll succeed, yet I have activated only couple of books (photoread about 20...).

I got very strong drive for PR after High Think Thank Session where with word "what can I do in order to learn photoreading?" the image stream brought me wonderful picture of quality of life I want to achieve.

It came compeletely supricingly and after intepretation I realized that actualy if something can help me to learn photoreading is the belief that it will help me to reach my goal.

Sorry to write such a personal long message to this dicussion, hope itīs ok.

Eric

[This message has been edited by Eric_G (edited January 05, 2004).]

#39973 01/06/04 07:08 AM
Administrator
Administrator

The modelling someone who is proficient at it technique from the Genius Code course is a good place to start.

Remember to break down your goal for being profient at photoreading into subgoals. Also really consider your purpose. What are you going to do with this skill study more? Do you really, really want to do that? Reason I ask is while some goals seem admirable, they often have inbuilt blockers that we may not be facing. If our lifetime goal is to be able to make enough money to provide for family and enjoy some holidays on the beach surfing. Studying cost both time and money in our mind and is something we might *not* even enjoy doing, then somewhere within our mind there is a small voice going 'are you crazy? If you have this skill, your going to be doing nothing but spending money on courses studying but never getting to the point where you just riding the waves with your buddies when it's done. You're going to start something that's never going to end. Like you really think it's going to be easy to learn photoreading?"

This is a rather extreme example and quite possibly one that is undermining would be photoreaders in one form or another. Your goal needs to be specific. If you want to learn photoreading what do you want to do with it in practical terms against your purpose in life?

I know from my conversations with many beginning photoreaders that their goal is to 'find easy street', 'look cool', being able to wiz through books, 'show "them" I can do it', 'photoread a book and just know what it's about', (as in no thinking required just let me download the information and I'll perform exactly as 'they' want me to), 'I'll look like a genius' (reguritating the information they dumped in me), [this one amazes me in a sense the speaker doesn't realise that what they're really saying is, 'turn me into a performing seal and I'll be a happy little robot. I won't have to think about it, I'll just know it and it doesn't matter if I don't understand it because they made me learn it so it must be right and I'll have the accepted answer for everything.]

Funny thing is they all have difficulty learning photoreading. Their goals are in conflict with their true purpose, such as being smart, finally understanding what it is they are trying to teach, Being able to get finished with studying and have time left over to go surfing, To discover their true genius within. As such the Photoreading skill eludes them until they set the realistic goal in line with their purpose and value. Much of my chats seem to be directed first at getting them to uncover their real goals and purpose and then the goal for learning photoreading. Once we've done that within a day or two, activation works. They got the information from the book in 1/3 the time or less. With further use they come to the point where they go hang on... I didn't need all that information there and then, I can get the information that I need in the time that I have available.

So today they activate the book for ten minutes, purpose complete, need more information activate another 10 minutes two weeks down the track (amazing how the brain knows which book has the information huh?) all up they look at the book a month later and think well this stuff I know but activation time only totalled 20 minutes.

Remember to ask 'what do I need right now and how will this serve my purpose?

When you're sailing the wind can come from any direction, you have to set the sails so that you go in the direction you originally charted. Know your purpose, know your desired outcome and any tool that you use to stoke your inner fire will get you where you want to go, faster.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited January 06, 2004).]

#39974 01/07/04 10:00 PM

Alex,

I made short brainstorming based on your advice, you can find the sentences as they came to the surphase.

>>Concider your purpose, what am I going to do with this skill?<<

- I will succeed in work
- I will success in my carreer
- I will have powerful approach to acquire knowledge based on my need of information
- I will be able to addapt and handle the rapid change of the world we live in
- I will gain knowledge to understand my self
- I will gain knowledge to understand the world and human behavior
- I will gain knowledge to learn to be come profient at communication
- I will gain knowledge from the field on my profession and this will help me in my work immediately
- My mind will use it's capability of absorbing usefull information, this way it will not get bored and dull for example by watching to much television
- I will be good company to others even at old age
- I will enjoy for gaining knowledge and stimulating my brain

Please comment, are they too general?

I photoread again one of the books that gave me very positive emotion while photoreading it earlier. I realized how familiar the book was, it caughed something in side me (hah, haa...it works.. I felt). So there is still something that is blocking, something to be released.

>>>Remember to break down this goal into subgoals<<<

I did this and focused today on formulating questions while post-viewing, this was realy good. Hovewer I used much more than 10 minutes for this, allowing this to happen. I gained confidence by doing this, there is now the seed of curiosity on this book planted in my thoughts.

I will gradualy decrease my time for this in the future, trusting my mind to have some incubation time before super-reading and dipping + to understand that there is still also mind mapping and rapid reading paths.

Am I on the right track?

>>>Remember to ask what do I need right now and how will this serve my purpose?<<<

I have planned to ask this on my next over the wall session, this is exactly what I have not asked. My intuition tellīs me that I have thought in side me that having something right now is wrong? At least this is my concious though on my self, can be wrong analysis. This is realy good question!

Thank you!

Eric

#39975 01/08/04 07:00 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Where you use the expression "I will" I prefer to use the expression "I expect" for me the term "I will" creates an internal conflict or arguement that goes why should I? This isn't going to be the case for everyone. Some can say I will and kapow the find the leverage. I on the other hand was raised such that when I said "I will" my parents said no you won't. This trained me to look for reasons why I won't succeed in my intention. However for me to say I expect well no searching is required why I should expect it the expression to me implies a passage is possible even if someone else says "no you won't".

While you have stated outcomes I cannot see the purpose?

quote:
- I will succeed in work Why? What's the purpose of that?
- I will success in my carreer
Why? What's the purpose of that?
- I will have powerful approach to acquire knowledge based on my need of information
- I will be able to addapt and handle the rapid change of the world we live in
- I will gain knowledge to understand my self
- I will gain knowledge to understand the world and human behavior
- I will gain knowledge to learn to be come profient at communication
- I will gain knowledge from the field on my profession and this will help me in my work immediately
- My mind will use it's capability of absorbing usefull information, this way it will not get bored and dull for example by watching to much television
- I will be good company to others even at old age
- I will enjoy for gaining knowledge and stimulating my brain

On Post viewing 10 to 20 minutes is quite acceptable especially if you kept your preview short. I have postviewed books for 20 minutes and finished with them after one quick check of information I desired later. I know what's in the books and if I need the information I can look again later. Getting the postview down isn't the factor it's keeping it relevant to your purpose.

Alex

#39976 01/08/04 09:10 PM

For me "I can" has positive tone and it means that I have skillīs and all the right elements in place to do the job. "I can" means for me also that something is in my circle of influence.

Itīs funny that by asking "why?" in this situation brings up some feeling, creating question "should I?". The answer is yes I should! But there is some conflict I need to solve.

I have documented my life purpose, dreams, fears, values, life goals and short term goals, success habits, positive attitudes, positive external influences and skillīs that I'm now gaining in order to reach my goals. In order to gain these skill's I need to actively participate, read, listen, speak and write. By becoming profient in photoreading I can have access to the information on these issues.

This link was not clear before CM-BF, at least not so concistent. I need to work still on maintaining my goals, GC supports in this very well, itīs also new behavior to be mastered. You just coached me on CM-BF and almost forced me to seek for the books that will support my goals.

I got assosiation from this; there are some books that do not have direct concious link to my goals, but still I sense almost like demand to read them.

I need to trust my intuition, this was also encouraged by the DOING session messages.

Eric

[This message has been edited by Eric_G (edited January 08, 2004).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved