Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
mads Offline OP
OP Offline

hi,
i often run out of breath when i do even a 10 minute session. Isnt it possible to achieve feedback in someother way than just speaking out loud?
doenst just thinking abt it and saying about it in the mind achieve similar benefit? feedback is supposed to enhance ur IS so if i am able to IS while just saying it mentally and find that it enhances my IS anway can I resort to that method?
anyone think this might be effective?
mads

All of the techniques should be spoken aloud either into a tape recorder or to a friend. You can speak as slowly as you like, the main thing is to keep going. Your descriptions will flow rapidly, just describe as much as you can. There's no need to rush through it. The reason you need to speak aloud is that when you put information into verbal expression, you build neural connections that would not develop if you just "said" your Image Stream to yourself mentally. Describing aloud encourages you to bring your perceptions to a conscious level and helps you realize and increase your intelligence.

Or, according to Win Wenger's "The Einstein Factor," doing the exercise mentally will really defeat the whole purpose - because otherwise you're not submitting the information from the ImageStream properly. The point is to be able to catalogue, record, and evolve off of the images.

The comment about going as slowly as you like in the description process didn't feel right.

The Fast Finish for both Image Streaming and Over the Wall (Genius Code page 45 left colum) says "Rapid speed in describing what you observe in your answer space is also essential in this process."

However, when you are doing it with someone when you take a breath, they begin, so I'm sure you are suppose to breath freely enough not to be exhaused.

Just talking fast enough to outdistance your internal editor, that seems to be the reason for talking rapidly.

CarolR

There is another way to record your image streams. I am deaf and found it so frustrating to use the tape recording method.So using one of Wim Wengers freenoting techniques; I came up with Speech dictation software on my computer. I use Via Voice it does take a bit of work to build up your voice profile on your machine. However the results are more comfortable for me than tape recording. After imagestreaming into my headset I save it then print it out then work on correction as the dicting is not perfect but just enough to remind me what the images were. I then use the debugging tools; Associations, Links, Symbols then conclusion to work it all out. So far I have had one or two ah's experiences.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved