Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40004 12/29/03 10:32 PM
OP Offline

I found this website and I am considering getting this home study course. I am looking for some feedback on anyone who has done it or any other opinion on it. http://www.lawschoolmastery.com/theindex.htm

Thanks for all and any feedback
Fritz

#40005 12/30/03 05:34 PM
OP Offline

I really would appreciate any feedback. Commonsense and Alex would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Fritz

#40006 12/31/03 03:20 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I don't know much about legal studies in other countries but to me a backgrounf check into the school would be deemed very necessary. I would want to be one hundred percent certain that the studies I undertake is accedited.

A quick look at the main page I note 2 things. A hard sell with lots of testimonials and lots of courses. That seem to imply do one, do the next. (3 day seminar, 7 day boot camp). Not exactly home study any more and the question is how far can you go with the home study?

I also not they have a free email course. Perhaps check into that if you want to know more. If you intend to study law I do recommend that you do it with an accredited institution it's pointless knowing the stuff if you cannot use it because your learning is not recognised. Then doubling up the time you spend studying with them and at an accredited institution needs to be taken into consideration. While you may be able to do the 2 courses in tandem the may not be covering the same grounds so you could be creating a double workload if you do that.

Also consider if you're studying at an institution you get to know more people in the industry, know where the jobs are, what subjects are best for the area and give you the opportunity to network. Home study is much more isolated and knowing enough people in the industry is difficult. Also because you didn't follow the usual path getting a foot in might be difficult. Though I have to admit from the web site you're not expected only to do the home study, live classes appear to be the next step. So another factor you'll want to look at is the cost of these courses summed up.

Sorry this isn't much help but my glance at that page says to me, don't expect the home study course to be enough and the affiliate program thing implies they are in it for money. (the question is how many testimonals are from affilates?) Inner circle thing implies having parted with a good deal of money to get there. These are not bad things but things that influence my wondering if one could really get enough out of one course from them to fill the need?

Alex

#40007 12/31/03 10:16 PM

I ordered the Law School Mastery Home Study Course from the company mentioned above (lawschoolmastery.com) and never received the course. Once I had paid for the course, getting an answer from the company by email took about a week. I could never get through to them by phone. I had to dispute the charges with my cc company to get my money back a month later.

[This message has been edited by ejdavis (edited January 04, 2004).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved