Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Okay, I hope most of you have been following the activities of LGG, but if you did for a while and dropped off on it, I don't blame you, I've been having trouble keeping the thing together and going.

For those of you who are new to LGG and don't know how it works, I'll give you a brief summary. LGG, or LucidGame Group is a group devoted to creating games you can play while lucid in your dreams. What does it mean to be lucid in your dreams? Lucidity is to be aware that you're dreaming, while you're dreaming. Once you have lucidity, anything is possible!

Well, part of the basis for the PhotoReading System is to take information, bypass the conscious mind, get the information into the other-than-conscious inner mind, and then when it's gone back to and 'activated' consciously, the entire thing is accelerated, because somewhere - you already know it!

The foundation for LucidGame Group is to combine these two processes of lucid dreaming, and PhotoReading. You PhotoRead a game, and basically download it into your inner mind. Then, when you become lucid, you can fully explore the game with vivid realism, better than any computer game, and just as good as real life, but without the dangers or worries, or even the frustrations of glitches in computer games! You can play games in your sleep!

The idea itself, when I first came up with it, I thought was a bit farfetched. Number one reason why, was because of how little the book's content tends to show up in an individual's dream content. It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Number two, while Paul had even wrote in the PR book that you can gain lucidity and explore PhotoRead material, it was still highly unlikely to me that I'd ever be able to see it happen, even if I did gain lucidity. After all, so many had said they'd gained lucidity, and then tried to do it but ended up with something different than the desired result.

One thing that might be involved in this, is a person's preset expectations. Well, what's one of the great ways to get results with just PhotoReading itself? EXPECT NOTHING! And you know what? I think that may be an essential key to figuring out how to supercharge this whole process and get it working all the time!

Basically what has happened is, I've made a huge breakthrough. While book's content has shown up twice in my dreams before, it's never been as clear or as explicit as this. That's right. Last night, I had a dream where I was activating a PhotoRead book, and in the dream I was reading every word on a particular page. I wake up, and later today I try to go back to that one spot I was reading in the dream, and eureka! I found it!!

This is my own personal evidence that LGG can work, and even that dream activation is something that can still be open to possibilities. If you can find the time, please read all about it, here:
http://lgg.youngprer.com/news.htm

If this can encourage you, in any way, to help LGG in our endeavours, I'd please love you to e-mail us at lgg@youngprer.com. Any help we can possibly get, it will be great! Especially testers!! We need testers, we've only got a handful as of yet. All you need to know is how to use the PhotoReading step from the PR system(theoretically), and be an amateur in lucid dreaming. Being an experienced lucid dreamer can most definitely help, but Hagbard and I both believe it to not be necessary to start off and get some results.

For more information on lucid dreaming, go here: http://www.lucidity.com/

Thanks so much for taking the time to read.

-youngprer
youngprer.com

Thanks for sharing your dream activation experience, youngprer. This seems like an area ripe for lots of experimentation - lucid dream activation of photoread materials.

I am a lucid dreamer as well. I used to do it more often - and when I was young and as a teenager I would have them very regularly - every night or so. I did lots of experimentation with them at that time, but due to my natural orientation as a young man, I found that these tended to become focused on sexual fantasy situations, and so my higher mind became less interested in these experiments, and eventually I also became bored with them.

Gradually I retreated my "I" consciousness to this point of reference upon the shoulder of the main character of the dreams, which of course was usually that of my personality going through the various dream scripts of each night. This was a focused, but quiet, point of lucidity within the dream state. I would merely observe without disturbing the events of the dream state. This gave me more insight into my "shadow side", from the perspective of my lucid higher mind or soul.

This allowed for a much more bizaare dream experience than would normally be the case in my lucid dreams where I was consciously manipulating the dream fabric, but it also helped me to understand the subconscious workings of my personality and humanity in general.

Now I can see some real value in experimenting with lucid dream photoreading activation. I would think that if you could become fairly adept at this, even if you only became lucid once every few weeks you could activate quite a number of the books that you had photoread over the time since your last lucid activation session - not to mention that you will be doing much of this while you are awake during your daytime sessions.

I am going to focus myself on doing some experiments during my lucid dreams on activation of photoread material.

I think that some of the memory techniques that I have learned recently in "The Memory Book" by Harry Fontayne and Jerry Lucas, will be of help in this process. You may want to investigate some of Mr. Fontayne's works in your local library.

[This message has been edited by livingsuccess (edited January 15, 2004).]

Iam not a lucid dreamer yet but I have read that lucid dreams can help to remove blocks that are holding you back is that true from anyones exrerience.

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by j-rock:
Iam not a lucid dreamer yet but I have read that lucid dreams can help to remove blocks that are holding you back is that true from anyones exrerience.

Oh, definitely. There was this one girl who I was trying to talk to once, and I could never relate to her. She started being really bitter with me, very hostile. One night, I became lucid and outside the front of my house, there was a beautiful orange, and pink sunset, and the weather was perfect.

I was talking to her, and I kept asking her why she hated me so much. Something about it, don't know what it was but she just looked at me with this deleriously happy smile and said, "I don't know, it doesn't matter. Let's just forget about it!" She said the second part, seriously happy, no sarcasm or anything implied, with a meaning of let's forget about us speaking to each other.

"So you're lucid now, huh?" she asked me.
"Yeah," I was grinning now too, and we both looked up at the sky, which resembled something more like an exaggerated nebula in space rather than a sunset. You couldn't see any blue, only smooth orange and pink clouds.

"Well, teach me how to fly."
"Okay," I said. "It's pretty easy. You just have to know it's a dream for it to happen."

"I don't get it," she said, puzzled, with raised eyebrows.

So then, I grabbed her arm and we floated up. The dream faded. Haven't talked to her since, and haven't ever felt a need or want to, either. It was just a simple, 'We're different, and we can't accept each other, so what? Forget it!'

-youngprer

How does lucid dreaming look and feel. Are there any similar aspects to wakeing life.

youngprer were you lucid before or after reading Laberge's book. How did it help you.And if you went lucid after the book how long did it take you after reading the book.

OP Offline

J-Rock,

Lucid dreams are as real as your normal waking life. There's no difference, other than the fact that it's just a dream. Still, the feeling you get in your stomach when making a huge drop on a roller coaster, or the pain you feel when hitting your knee, you'll both feel in your dreams.

Lucid dreaming is a skill that I picked up after reading the PhotoReading book, and it's still taking an ongoing effort to continuously improve. I had my first lucid dream a few days after reading the book and talking about it with others.

-youngprer

I didnt even finish Laberg book before I started having lucid dreams. Once I started recorded my dreams for about a week I had my first lucid dream. Also like YoungPR LD's are as vivid as waking life.

There are some problems I do have when it comes to LDing though. It takes much practice being able to stay lucid for long periods of time. ANother propblem is that I never remember what I want to do in my LD, I often just fly around looking and observing the stability of my enviroment. I just started recording my dreams two days ago, and I had a LD last night, but it didnt last to long at all.

-BEnny

Have you tried the "Spinning" technique? I tried that once. Had 4 LD's thus far in this life. Spinning seemed to work well for me. just close your eyes, and make yourself "spin" around like a tornado. I'm not sure why it works. I read a theory once about simulating movement in the inner ear or something. not sure how much of it is true.
BP

How has Laberg's book helped anyone?

Hay Benny, what happens when your LD fades?

Does anyone have any suggestions for remember what you what to do in thier LD?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved