Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40349 01/24/04 10:34 PM
Kobold Offline OP
OP Offline

I read the book of paul scheele and bought the personal learning course.I am already at my 5 books and i still get nothing(not what i want) out of the book.
I know and i already read in the forum that it is a lot of work, but i mean how long does it take normally until i am good in photoreading?

#40350 01/25/04 02:09 AM

Kobold; I have told you before why you are not getting anything out of the books & Alexk has as well. The solution to your problem is still the same as when you said you were having problems activating & they will continue to be same next week,next month, next year.

Let me repeat again the solution to your problem and this time applied the process so you can get the results you are looking for. If you choose not to apply the process
you will NOT get the results you desire.

1. Establish a very strong clear purpose.Ask yourself what is it that i want from this material.

2. Search throughout the book and write down the trigger words that you are attracted to.

3. Formulate questions from the trigger words.

4. Superread and dip to find answers to the questions you have formulated.

5. Do an many 30 minutes superread and dip passes over the book until you feel the book comes together or gels.

6. Make a mindmap of the book.

photoread4me.

#40351 01/25/04 02:20 AM

Kobold; to answer your question how long will it take that varies. We are all different and a lot depends on your background & previous experience.Other factors are how relaxed you are. Are you in the related state of alertness or are you stressing out putting a lot of pressure on yourself to learn this. That will definitely hinder you.

And the last question is are you applying the techniques if you are not you are wasting your time. So apply the techniques that we have shared with you do it often and then you will start seeing the results you want but you have to apply the techniques.
photoread4me

#40352 01/25/04 08:39 AM
Administrator
Administrator

1/3 the time it takes you to regular read the book. If it takes you 12 hours to regular read a book you'll be done in less than 4 hours. However in the beginning you must be prepared to commit 1/3 the time to get the same or better level of comprehension from the book. With time you will probably spend a whole lot less time on most books. You'll know it when you get there.

If you're not getting anything out of the book you're quitting too soon. Block your activation layers into 20 minute sessions. Write down at least 3 mind probing questions before you start. (Check the TOC turn the headings into questions to explore what the book can tell you).

Activate for 20 minutes... mind map the answers to the questions take a five minute break, do another 20 minutes (add more questions as you go) mind map the answers and take a 5 minute break. Ask yourself what more do you want to know? if you want more do it again. Repeat till it's gelled. You'll find that you have used 1/3 the time or less.

If you've done those 5 books as outlined according to the 5 day test you'll have fully activate the books. The only one putting on the breaks is you.

Please, stop quitting within ten minutes of starting to activate. Do it like it instructs you to, in the five day test. Giving up within the first 10 minutes and saying "this isn't working is ridiculous. It's like reading the first 3 pages (what most people average in 10 minutes) of a 200 page book and saying... 'I don't understand it, it doesn't make any sense." I'd be surprised if you didn't get more than that out of the book in ten minutes.

The more time you spend looking for short cuts in the beginning the longer it's going to take.

As for how long it's going to take you to learn... you're the judge... my answer, as long as it takes you.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited January 25, 2004).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved