Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3509 09/08/01 05:52 AM
OP Offline

1. Getting rid of OCD-type "something bad will happen" things. The problem with me, is, my subconscious is *highly* powerful. I think something bad will happen, and my mind makes it happen! This can be triggered in typical OCD fashion for things (i.e if I walk down path a instead of hall c-13, I'll have bad luck). I haven't decided if NBG or Beliefs is better!
2. Modeling after a successful marketing like Dan Kenndy. NDG or Personsal Magnetism?

Oh, and my shrink has okayed the use of paralinals to help with the OCD. (as long as I dont rely SOLEY on it, then she woldnt get her $150/hour)

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

1 - New Option Generator, New Behavior Generator, Belief, Prosperity, Side A of Automatic Pilot, Anxiety-Free... Any combination can probably help.

2 - New Behavior Generator, absolutely.

Hi
I'd suggest a very different approach to dealing with OCD.
First, call up Laissez Faire books (they have an 800 number) and/or Audio Forum. Or got to www.nathanielbranden.net
There, check out the hypnotic cassettes Branden has for sale, involving either anxiety and depression, or a splendid one about the art of self-acceptance. They are very different from each other and you probably would be best served by purchasing both.
Next step:go back here at www.learningstrategies.com
Purchase their Spring Forest QiGong tape set. It's *great* for dissolving stress of all kind and the kinds of images you talk about seem perfect for this kind of tape.
Study the video that is part of the course. Learn the first 3 exercises, one at a time.
Then when listening to the Branden tapes, be sensitive as to when you are resisting the message of relaxation or self-acceptance because of a hurt, angry feeling or a disturbing image or just a feeling of "resistance." When that occurs, keep listening to the Branden tape while doing any one, or all, of the Qi Gong exercises. Just the external physical part--I do them laying down in bed!
You do the Qi Gong exercises, in my system, *only* until you feel your body loosening up a bit so that your resistance to the message on the tape goes down alot.
This system results in greater calm generally and the sense that the message on the hypnotic tapes sticks inside my mind afterwards. I have found nothing else like it.
I realize that this is a fairly involved procedure, as compared with the idea of just listening to a paraliminal tape. But I figure that if you're spending $150/hour for therapy, then if you can find something that seriously helps you, even if it is a bit involved, it could be worth your while.

best wishes,
Mike
moochy_hope@yahoo.com

Hi JakeSilver

I think you should try going through Side A of the Belief tape, using "something bad will happen" as a parameter.

I found my worries definitely lifted when I went through the same tape and side with the belief "something's wrong".

You can always do several sessions for the same belief and beliefs in the same area if there are only small results at first.

I'm hoping you succeed.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved