Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Recently I have photoread a couple of my trading books. I have already read them before. I was wondering if I still have to activate them. In almost all my purposes aside from the stuff that I want to know I also stated that I want to apply the information to improve my trading. I¡¦m a daytrader so I deal with stocks every single day. Will I be able to spontaneously activate my books? Would insights come to me while I¡¦m trading?

zak Offline

hi Buddhatop, hows it going? anyway stock trading is a field i want to get into to, from what i can see using the direct learning procedure on trading books would be a good way to improve your trading. So how long you been trading would you care to share some of your experiences as to how you got started and how long you been trading for, as i would really welcome your advice

OP Offline

Hi Zack. I've been actively trading for 2 years. Trading is a difficult field and the failure rate is supposedly over 85%. I think there are many ways to get into the business.
I took the proprietary trading route. Some firms let you use their capital and they cover your losses. You can gain valuable experience and training and not lose any of your money. Of course there will be a catch. They will have a cut in your profits, like a 50/50 split 40/60 and so on. Some firms will require you to put up some capital usually around $5000, but you get better commission rates and a higher cut of profits. I have been in both types of firms. I gained a couple of months experience without losing any of my own money, but I also did not make any money. I have too deal with pressures from my parents and my wife frequently. They all want me to find a new steady job that pays. There are times when I got depress from losing every day. Then circumstances changed, which forced me to join another firm which requires capital. They had better training there and with my prior knowledge something just clicked and I started making money. I heard the same stories from many other traders who were profitable. They all said after losing money for 6-9 months something just clicks, you can call it an ¡§aha¡¨ experience, and they started becoming profitable. I¡¦m not making big money, just enough to get by. I¡¦m probably earning a base salary of what most college grads earn. But in the long run I will come up ahead if I improve my trading. If you want to learn more you can go check out www.elitetrader.com It¡¦s a trader message forum.

zak Offline

hi buddha, i got the same problem i want to start trading my own account but because of fmaily pressures, i am holding off at the moment also trying to set up a few income streams that could feed into my trading, anyway seems your getting along fine and yeah like you said in the long term with the effects of compounding things should get better, anyway as we are both interested in the saem thing, heres a few sites for you to check out. www.originalturtles.org (can get the turtle trading rules for free here. www.investors.com (the william o neill canslim site check it out tell me what you think as looking to use his investment approach) and finally www.turtletradingsoftware.com (great little forum) anyway take a look and let us know what you think

OP Offline

I've seen the originalturtles.org site before, but the system just doesn't match my trading style. In trading you got to fine your own style that you feel comfortable with. As for the software, I think it's too costly. I got to ask myself this, why would they sell a system if it makes money? As with any strategy, if more people use it it tends to lose it's effectiveness. If you heard of the turtles you must have heard of the marketwizard books. I think you can gain most of your knowledge through books and studying the market.

zak Offline

thanks Buddhatop, good advice gonna pr as many books on trading as possible, your right about the developing your own style, my problem at the moment is like you said the pressures of family to conform and get a nine to five, hopefully will find a way around it and start trading

If you want to get into trading, but can't do it right now (for whatever reason), it doesn't mean you still can't learn.

Paper trading is an excellent way to see how you'll handle trading on a regular basis. If you think you have a method that works pretend to buy and sell and keep a portfolio of what you are doing. It helps you to visualize what is going on.

I'm surrounded by traders and technical analysis and I still don't trade. It isn't that I don't want to, its largely lack of time since I work during trading hours (for a company that provides technial analysis tools) I'm usually swamped with work and not able to track my own things!

Direct learning is a fantastic way to learn more. I'd suggest several different subjects including fundamental analysis, technical analysis, as well as general trading. You might want to look into options as well, it's considered riskier but I also see it as having insurance policies.

Enjoy.
Tracey

OP Offline

I'm still a beginner so I still don't quite understand direct learning. From my understanding of the photoreading book, you do direct learning by photo reading many books on the same subject and just let your mind spontaneously activate them by doing activites that are related to the subject. Is that correct?

zak Offline

thanks for the advice Tracey, would i be correct in assuming that using direct learning or even just photoreading books on trading would help improve trading as the actual trading process works as an activation tool, whats your opinion????.

Administrator
Administrator

Basically that is the concept of Direct Learning Buddhatop. If you have the Natural Brilliance book check out the chapter on direct learning it even has an appropriate script for a more effective approach to direct learning.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved