Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#40872 03/02/04 12:58 PM
OP Offline

This is my journal for the photoreading course. I noticed a remarkable journal kept by LivingSuccess sometime ago. My purpose with this journal is not big or grand nor it is to provide people with an inspirational example to learn photoreading. It is just to keep me motivated while going through the photoreading course, the same purpose for the journal I keep on the Ideal Mindset course.

OK, that's all for presentation. Now on to my plan. First of all, this is a weekends project, so I most probably won't do anything until the next weekend. But my starting point will be to take every single course manual and book I have that relates on one way or the other to photoreading, and take the Genius Code tape on Direct Learning. Follow the process of photoreading all of them and then set them for Direct Learning. I did this more than a year ago, when I bought the photoreading course, and I failed to take the course then. So I'll do it again. After two weeks, and before beginning the course, I'll listen to the Photoreading Activator at least once. Then I'll begin with the first session of the course. This approach sounds right to me, I don't know if the experienced photoreaders might have worries or objections with this approach. Any feeback will be welcome.

This is my Nth attempt in learning photoreading. I hope this is the final one.

#40873 03/02/04 02:42 PM

Betsemes, it sounds like you've already learned the system.

You just need to NOPS it to improve your proficiency. Not that I don't recommend reviewing the material. Just stop telling yourself you don't know it, or that you haven't got it. It's a natural thing. You do it without thinking. You learned the course to gain knowledge about the many ways how you can do it at when desired. You have to do it, NOPS it, to develop your own natural rhythm for PRing.

I'm not saying don't do what you plan, I'm saying focus on positive thoughts.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#40874 03/02/04 03:14 PM
OP Offline

quote:
Betsemes, it sounds like you've already learned the system.

Maybe, I just have not managed to activate anything yet. When I have done it for the first time then I'll know I truly know it. I do know that I'm not at the place of a bare beginner. When I first tried to do it, I got so tense while flipping the pages, that I always had to quit. After Holosync, things changed and I can do it pretty well, I'm able to relax and get to altered states of consciousness much easier, so getting into the ideal state is much easier to me. I'm just anxious on not having done any successful activation yet.

quote:
You just need to NOPS it to improve your proficiency. Not that I don't recommend reviewing the material. Just stop telling yourself you don't know it, or that you haven't got it. It's a natural thing. You do it without thinking. You learned the course to gain knowledge about the many ways how you can do it at when desired. You have to do it, NOPS it, to develop your own natural rhythm for PRing.

Ok, maybe I already know what it means, but I don't remember, so please, refresh my memory; what does NOPS mean?

quote:
I'm not saying don't do what you plan, I'm saying focus on positive thoughts.

I'll do it, thanks.

#40875 03/02/04 03:24 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Remember that activation takes place with repeated passes. You wont expect to get it all in one pass. Also successful activation requires a sound purpose, "I want to know.... from the book, so that I can...." What's your purpose what do you want from the book.

NOPS is in chapter 12 of the PhotoReading book page 119
N- notice it
O- own it
P- play with it
S- stay with it

Alex

#40876 03/02/04 05:08 PM
OP Offline

Thanks Alex. I think this time I'll do it.

#40877 03/02/04 07:43 PM

I guess I sounded a little harsh. I wasn't trying to be that way.

I just meant that I know you can do it, right now. Of the NOPS I think You have to do the Play with it the most. I think you're ready to notice it and stay with it. The way I would interpret the own it part, is to believe you can do it.

I still don't want to sound negative. I'm just wanting you to Do It and have fun with it. You'll get what your looking for.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#40878 03/02/04 08:49 PM
OP Offline

quote:
I just meant that I know you can do it, right now. Of the NOPS I think You have to do the Play with it the most.

Most definitely.

quote:
I think you're ready to notice it and stay with it. The way I would interpret the own it part, is to believe you can do it.

Maybe that would be material for the Belief sessions of the Ideal Mindset course , if I'm still struggling with photoreading by then; it could be possible that by the time of stepping into the Belief sessions, I already had had success with this.

quote:
I still don't want to sound negative. I'm just wanting you to Do It and have fun with it. You'll get what your looking for.

I don't think that what you are telling me is negative. Maybe you are remembering the incident with dolson1018. That was a radically different post. He told (shouted) me not to do what I intended to do. Also, he took me at a very bad moment. I never took your posts as being negative.

#40879 03/03/04 12:04 AM
Administrator
Administrator

The Belief paraliminal is an excellent choice for working with Learning PhotoReading.

Alex

#40880 03/08/04 03:25 PM
OP Offline

After a very busy weekend, I finally could do my Direct Learning session yesterday night. I could gather five books related in some way or the other to photoreading and five course manuals also related to photoreading in one way or the other.

Books:
Photoreading (Spanish translation)
Natural Brilliance
Accelarated Learning For The 21st Century, by Colin Rose and Malcolm Nicholl
The Einstein Factor, by Win Wenger and Richard Poe
The Mind Map Book, by Tony Buzan

Course Manuals:
Photoreading
Genius Code
Natural Brilliance
Four Powers for Greatness
Memory Optimizer

My purpose on photoreading all these books and course manuals was to learn how to do each step of the photoreading process and how to develop my skills and master it.

I took the Genius Code tape on Direct Learning and I went through a guided session to photoread the first book (I chose the Photoreading book to start with). The tape briefly described the photoreading process and its purpose. Once this part was over, I paused the tape and went to drink some water, then I revised the book. It didn't take long to remember its format, I have read it in the past. Then I resume the tape and took the guided session on entering the ideal state, using the tangerine technique to strenghten my eye-mind connection, pass the pages while doing that monotonous chant, doing a second pass with the book turned upside down, and then close the process with some affirmations. I then did the other books on my own. One thing that happened was that as I did the chant, since it is so repetitive, I tended to put it in "automatic" and then start daydreamming, something that I don't know whether or not gets in the way or hinders the purpose of engaging the conscious mind; so since I didn't want to hinder it, I adopted an approach of changing the chant; 1-2-3-relax-relax-1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1-keep-the-state-see-the-page-relax-relajado-uno-dos-tres- etc. It worked on keeping my mind on what I was doing since I consciously changed the rythm and wording. I made a pause between books to drink some water, then I did all the course manuals without much of a break, just a break to close the just photoread manual and stating my purpose, revising, and getting into the state between them. Then I resume the tape for the Direct Learning part of the tape.

Will it work? I don't know for sure and I don't care. Even if it doesn't work I'll continue with my plan as if it worked. Either outcome is acceptable although I confess that it is better if it works.

I will not do anything the next weekend. I'll allow two weeks to the new learnings to form. Then I'll go for a whole week listening to the Photoreading Activator, unless something else is recommended; and then with the course.

#40881 03/09/04 12:57 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I do suggest you just photoread books(doing just the photoreading step) during that 2 weeks. Daily 3 or so books would be good. It will give your direct learning project something to anchor onto. Without actually doing something that relates to the direct learning you really cannot expect to see much results.

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved