Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41020 03/19/04 06:31 AM
barry d Offline OP
OP Offline

are the following affirmations of the right type of syntax?

my mind is excited at the prospect of devouring these words

i can store these words to aid my perception of this topic

i can process this material and make it available when required

i can formulate this material to aid my understanding of the subject

my subconscious is looking forward to processing this information
am i on the right track, many thanks

#41021 03/19/04 03:35 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Depends on your purpose.

Personally I find the opening and closing affirmations in the book much more elegant and acceptable to my mind. They have within thm an honest intention. (pg 43 & 51)

The words that throw me with your suggested affirmation

excited... seems forced and not necessary true when I confront a subject that is difficult.

I can store... I'm already storing the words... that's the problem I want to use not store the information.

perception... to me = vague not concrete awareness.

i can... brings in the part that says yeh if I want to it gives me choice anc can become confrontational like yeh but why should i?, really I don't need choice if I am stating my intention so... I prefer the more direct "I process this material and it is available when I need or want it."

On the last one again... more direct.

My mind (I don't care which part all of it is better than limiting it to a certain part) is processing this information.

I do suggest you try the affirmations that Paul provided in the book. You may modify them over time but you'll notice a more direct approach.

I'm not sure how to explain it but your affirmations sound like you are trying to convince your mind that it wants to do that. It doesn't work with kids so it isn't going to work with the mind.

With kids if you tell them you can do your homework after this, they recognise you've given them a choice... Well homework is work and they 'can' do it after whatever but can implies 'can' not do it if they don't want to...

If you tell them I suggest that you homework after this... it implies that the homework is expected to be done and offers that as a suitable time to do it.

I'm not saying we should treat our minds like little children. I'm saying we should look at how kids react to understand the natural workings of our minds. They are reacting with their minds.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved