Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41022 03/18/04 08:15 PM
ctrlalt Offline OP
OP Offline

I have a question about the chanting while PhotoReading.
Could you do anything else instead of chanting.
When not chanting the PhotoReading is alot easier than with. I also notice that having music or people around me makes it much easier.

The question, can you listen to audiobooks while PhotoReading?
The audio keeps me from thinking about if im doing it right or wrong. It keeps my consciousmind occupied but I wonder if the PhotoReading even works then.

Administrator
Administrator

Your attention/intention still needs to be with the book. If you let your mind wonder off while photoreading you're telling your inner mind this isn't important. If you try to occupy it with other things like an audio book or music... so that your conscious mind is otherwise occupied... it ignores the book.

Photoreading take place when the conscious mind is quiet and unconcerned about anything else. When this happens some unique brainwaves patterns come into play. The key to bringing them into play are 3 things;

1 Photofocus

2 Saying a chant that is calm, rhythmic unemotional. (to keep the mind quiet)

3 Rhythmic page turning

The chants job, is to occupy the conscious mind. The chant can be the question you are seeking an answer to. Or something that tell your mind you want the answer e.g, "I wonder what the answer is?" over and over again. The one in the book is excellent for beginners because it remind them to relax. Too often they are worried that they are not relaxed enough it's the worry that is not relaxing, just by quieting the mind and having the intention to take in the information is relaxed enough.

Alex

ctrlalt Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for answering.
I have a problem though with chanting anything when doing the PR. It's easier to "concentrate" and just be quite, in the mind.

Should I keep the quiteroutine or should I practise chanting?

Regards,
Mattias

Administrator
Administrator

If quiet works for you then go for it. A silent chant or chant with no words works just as well

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited March 19, 2004).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved