Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shaun Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi there,

I'm new to this and need a bit of guidance please.

What I've decided to do is to try and first practice just the photoreading bit and then after I'm confident with that build around it. Probably a bit backwards but there you go!

Anyway I'm wondering if someone could tell me of some indicators that will tell me that I'm in the correct accelerative learning state. After I've photoread something I can definitely notice a difference, my head feels heavier (Not sure if this is a sign it's working - which is good, or possibly that I'm doing the photofocus incorrectly, which is bad!) for a start...but would just like to know I'm on the right track.

Also, another quick one. Entering the state, how long should that take at first...? I get the feeling I'm not taking long enough.

No doubt these questions have been replecated many times but after looking for as long as I have time for can't find anything.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Are you relaxed? Great! Do you see th Blip Pageor the 4 corners of both pages with an imaginary x across it. Take as long as it takes to become relaxed. There is no set time. If you need to, walk around, shake your arms, move your neck around, move your shoulders up & around first before sitting down. Just don't fall asleep! Toby

Learning Strategies Admin

If you are having performance anxiety like what if I'm not relaxed enough, How do I know I'm deep enough, this isn't going to work etc... simple signs you're not there.

In the right state... you "don't care" if you're relaxed enough you just take it for granted that this is good enough for now...

You "don't really care" if it goes in or not you're only playing with it to see what you get, after all you can play again later to see if you got better.

Your mind is just quiet and calm with a sense of curiosity.

How long to do the relaxation exercise, self study I say about 3 minutes, that's enough time to follow the steps taking in a deep, breath / release physically relaxing, another deep breath release mentally relaxing and another deep breath/release and noticing that you've just brought your physical and mental self to the present, remember your purpose say the opening affirmation and begin photoreading.

Longer than 3 minutes isn't necessary since I get the impression that during that in a longer time frame people start analysing what comes next and taking themselves back down to worry. So just long enough to let go and be here now with a sense of curiosity. You'll get to one deep breath remembering your purpose and affirmations and photoread within 30 second in no time.

Alex

Shaun Offline OP
OP Offline

Ah, thanks Toby & Alex! You've verified a few things for me.

Cheers.

But if I just want to PhotoRead an article or a few postings on a website, I don't really have to do much more than a deep breath and relax, do I? Is it really necessary to take a conscious effort of anywhere near 3 mintues to properly absorb w/ the PhotoReading step?

CameronJ, You're no longer a beginner by this time. Even for books you can probably do it with just a deep breath. Trust yourself more.

AlexK

About your head feeling heavy. That is an indication that you are relaxed BUT it is also an indication that you are sitting in a way that causes undue stress in your neck and shoulders. I recomend Photoreading a book on Alexander Technique.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved