Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TobyEL Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Alex, I was just wondering, when you go to a bookstore to plan on PhotoReading alot of books, do you write down your trigger words on a piece of paper for a preview of the book before you PhotoRead them? I remember you saying that you don't have much room to stand in the bookstore. Also, do you do a postview right after you PhotoRead any of the books in the bookstore? Toby

Learning Strategies Admin

In the bookstore I usually PhotoRead and then postview. Preview is a quick glance of the back cover. My purpose is usually is there anything of interest to me in this book, do I need to know anything from this book, and what don't I already know.

If I write down trigger words I'll be doing full mind maps so I reserve that for books in the library

A;ex

TobyEL Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Alex!! Toby

I've never gotten to be clear on this.

Should trigger words favor the entire reading material? Or should we select them to be relevant to our purpose?

Don't evaluate the words for correctness. Any meaningful word in the book is the basis of a trigger word. If' you've establish a solid enough purpose those words of relevance will be noticed by you anyway. Those are the ones that you write down. Words that you notice, because is seemed significant on the page, you've come across it more than once in your preview, unusual or unexpected word in your mind that appears odd to you.

AlexK.

Thanks, Alex!

Yeah, I already assumed that ANY word that attracts the reader is worthy of being a trigger word. I just wanted to get your take on it.

So, this is the first advice I've gotten from you as an official instructor!

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved