photoreading has bad effects
y not everyone in this forum knows about it
i dont know but i think brainwash is 1
do u guys agree
i hope lsc tells us about it
face2face_osama@naseej.com

[This message has been edited by guevara (edited April 03, 2004).]

ked Offline

There aren't any "bad effects" of PhotoReading, unless you are frightened of the possibility of changing how you read, understanding more in less time, and learning skills which will change many aspects of your life.

PhotoReading is an amazing system, and I just wish more people were open it when I try to explain it to them. Do you have the book Guevara? If not, and you are just curious about the system without fully understanding it, I would suggest really trying to learn the system first. Get rid of all negativity, learn how PhotoReading can change your life, and then ponder the question about "bad effects" again - I think you will find none.

As for the questions on your other posts: NLP, religion, foreign languages, etc.; most of them can be found in the archives - try there first. I assume it might get tiring for AlexK and other frequent posters to keep repeating information, so see if your questions can be answered in previous posts.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by ked (edited April 03, 2004).]

Guevara; Photoreading is not brainwashing. What do you base your thinking on? You are the one in control. You are the one in charge. You decide what book you are going to photoread. Learning Strategies does not tell you what books to read nor does Learning Strategies tell you how to think. You do that for yourself.
Photoread4me

I agree with photoread4me, Photoreading and LSC are about giving you freedom to do more, not enslave and brainwash you. Nothing is subliminal, it's all in the open. And like he said, you are in control.

A lot more is involved in brainwashing than listening to tapes.

You need to control someone's social environment, bodily needs (diet, sleeping, elimination, privacy...), etc.

So, no, I wouldn't say learning photoreading is equivalent to being brainwashed.

Learning Strategies Admin

Whether you PhotoRead or regularly read the text you are influenced by the information that you come across. If you want bad effect from reading, daily newspapers and television are the greatest cause of Depression in our western society. In third world countries hunger and poverty out numbers depression, they don't have TV or newspapers.

AlexK

Sorry, Alex, but there are many, many third world countries where lots and lots of starving people watch TV on a regular basis. They don't all live in dung huts.

And I wonder what you base the "daily newspapers and TV are the greatest cause of depression in our society" statement on. I wasn't aware of the conclusive evidence regarding this. I guess a lot of the professionals in the field of psychology aren't either.

Sorry my phrasing wasn't clear. In third world countries where there is limited access to televsion and newspapers of world events there is a lower incident of depression.

Research conducted in nursing homes found that those who are more inclined to watch the news or read newspapers are more prone to depression than those who do not.

AlexK

Thanks, Alex, but do we know there is a lower incidence of depression in third world countries, or do we know there is a lower incidence of REPORTED depression? The fact is, when you have to struggle every day to put food on the table, are you going to go and complain to the doctor that you are depressed? Besides, the rather 'direct' way of living which many people in poor areas are forced to live, does not allow 'depressed' behaviours such as lying aorund on the couch all day. Also, even if people in third world countries ARE less depressed, I don't think a causal link between mass media and depression has been established. There could be many, many more factors at work here.
The nursing home study is interesting, but again it shows no causal link between watching tv and getting depressed. Some people (like, for example, women) are more prone to depression than others, and perhaps these people might be more inclined to watch TV because of that or other personality traits. What came first, the personality or the TV?

Either way, though, I do think many of us watch way too much TV. It may or may not cause depression, or trigger it or exacerbate it or whatever, but life is short and there may be better things to do with our time. Like reading....

I agree with Alex -- Who read newspaper and watch TV news regularly are prone to depression. As most people seldom read books which can make us think more positively in many things happenned in daily life. Books by Oslo, Buddism books, motivation book, Holy Bible...etc are good books to read as they can guide us to face things happened in daily life. (My English is not good, sorry).Thus, PR these type of books and activate them can make you have a significant life. (I am a Christian)
God bless you.

Olzenkhaw

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved