Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
guevara Offline OP
OP Offline

i was seeing the archive of photoreading a dictionary.It was a lot of topics more but after all some poeple suggest to not manual activation and some suggest to it.i dont know if manual activation is realy helpful or just a waste of time.
some poeple photoread the dictionary with out activation lots of time like once everyday for 6 months.
do u think that is OK or just waste of time
i realy wanna know what is better to photoread english textbooks and activate it or just spend my time with photoreading dictionaryies and be comfortable about improving my english .

Hi guevara, I'd defineately photoread dictionary several times. I don't know if every day for a month would be required, though. I wouldn't worry about activation, though. As far as your english texbooks go, if they are the ones you are using to improve your english then you might want to activate those. If you are learning english on your own, I'd say forget the activation and just photoread SEVERAL dictionaries (both regular types and yourlanguage/englishlanguage) AND SEVERAL english textbooks. Maybe either one every other day for a few weeks. Then watch your progress flourish.

George

In learning a language / improving a language I would suggest many types of activation: Listening to the radio, watching movies, reading comic books, reading childrens books, reading the news, having conversations, writing a diary, talking to yourself, keeping a running commentary for 10 minutes about what you observe - activate, activate, activate! PRing dictionaries is great, and spontaneous activation is great when it happens, however I wouldn't sit back and wait for the spontaneous activation. The more you activate manually, the more likely it is that spontaneous activation will occur.

Languages are especially wonderful, because there is so much varied material!

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved