Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41449 04/15/04 08:24 PM
Ivan Offline OP
OP Offline

Here are some of the Myths about Photo Reading:

1) You need to wait 20 minutes before you begin activation. I don't think so. Subconscious mind process the information at the very moment. Don't underestimate it's powers.

2)You need to make notes in a form for example such as mind maps. I don't think so. I have been processing information without taking any notes for the past 3 Months. And I feel wonderful

3) If you photoread a book some time ago, and begin your activation lets say 2 or 4 weeks later - you need to photoread it again. I don't think so. It is already in your mind, jut get to it.

4) Most people spend to much time getting into the accelerated learning state. I don't think so. Just relax and get to it. By spending to much time on relaxation, you begin to worry if you are doing it right as well as you can defocus and think about some other stuff. Jut get to it.

These are my personal opinions from my personal experience after I have been involved in NLP and Richard Bandler Videos. I have a different view on all this now.

Criticize you will? Think before the first reply you make. ;-)

#41450 04/15/04 08:57 PM

What your saying is basically what the PRWMS says anyway, so their's no need to criticize.

Somebody tell me if I'm wrong, but there's nothing in the course about you having to do Mind Maps is their?
Thought it was just a suggestion personally, a technique, just like the other activation techniques.You can do whichever activation technique you prefer.
Personally I have three pads of A3 paper and a laod of crayons I ahven't touched yet, as I've not felt the need to mind map.
If I decided to, I'd have the materials ready though.

As for the having to redo the PR step after 4 weeks, well that's not in the PRWMS also, as a definite must.It's just a suggestion, if it will make you feel more at ease, or whatever.

I believe also that it mentions that the ALS can be obtained almost instantly once you've got what it's about.I certainly am like this, I'm there in a flash.

As for the 20 mins between PR and starting activating, I couldn't care less if this is true or not.What's twenty minutes anyway, I don't mind waiting that long.I generally like a break after I've just PR a 1000 page technical book lol.

All I'm stating in the above is that this is what the PRWMS states, yet you've said this is your personal opinion.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm AGREEING with you.

Like you say at the end, it's your personal opinions, and LSC always say that people will have different experiences from everyone else.

All I'm trying to say is that everything you have said is also what I've learnt from the system.

It's your personal experience, and you want to convey that.

It's working for you, like my experience is working for me, and it's working for him, and her, and that PR bloke over there.

Thanks!

#41451 04/15/04 10:43 PM

I definitely don't like to hear that some steps must be religiously followed as taught. (photoread4me, where are you!??? JK )

It's just that at least for me, I work best when I do things most comfortable personally. Otherwise, I resist. If I wanna activate right away, then heck yeah, I'll do it! Haha. (I'm not saying I always act on impulse, though)

IMO, PRWMS works best in a general way, so you're probably right about dispelling the myths(if they are). If it's so natural, then you don't require strict rules.

I don't go too crazy about trigger words. Besides, if I read books on the same topic, then that wouldn't be as necessary every time. Basically, I dip in accordance to my purpose, and my hunches work just fine. I feel that I can do this because I imagine what words my purpose would associate to, kinda like imagining a mind-map. Sometimes, though, I definitely look for "interesting" words before I delve deep into it.

Relaxed state!? Well, truth is, everyone gets relaxed at different speeds than others. I meditate for a bit and just go wit the flow. I personally tend to notice any emotional or bodily discomfort with internal visual cues, and dispel of them or soothe them, kinda in a Qigong type of manner. It doesn't always have to work to PR, though.

I must say, Mind Maps are super at some things, like dream recall. I write one key word, and all these associations pop into mind. I can't stand to write "every little detail" in my dream journal, as traditionally taught, unless I'm making a finished product.

I think the PRWMS is taught the way it is because it's easier to comprehend the steps. But it's best not to stop there.

#41452 04/16/04 12:05 AM

Hey Ivan,

As a MP in NLP, from where does a behavior or strategy generalize? And how does generalization of a instructional set relate to the pedagogy of the PRWMS?

Therein lies the answer from where the questions come. Learn, you will. Will, you make. Make, you become. Become, you learn.

-CS

#41453 04/16/04 01:30 AM
Ivan Offline OP
OP Offline

Of which are you talking about "behavior or strategy generalize" just in general?

It's all in your conditioned beliefs. "As a Man believes so is he"

Although I have not yet read the Bible myself and I will soon. So much I see that no matter what you study - NLP, PRWMS, Sedona... all other stuff as well as other people. It is all written in the Bible.

P.S. CommonSense are you a MP in NLP?

[This message has been edited by Ivan (edited April 15, 2004).]

#41454 04/16/04 09:17 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Ivan:
Here are some of the Myths about Photo Reading:

1) You need to wait 20 minutes before you begin activation. I don't think so. Subconscious mind process the information at the very moment. Don't underestimate it's powers.

No, you don't need to wait. Experience has shown that it is useful. Creates curiosity and a desire to know that makes activation easier. Also 20 minutes may not be enough in some cases. If you're having difficulty activating. Give it a rest let the inner mind handle it for a while. When you are learning the system it is wise to know the steps before you start modifying.

quote:
2)You need to make notes in a form for example such as mind maps. I don't think so. I have been processing information without taking any notes for the past 3 Months. And I feel wonderful

Since most people never learnt how to read a book activation doesn't seem that easy for them. Paradoxly they usually turn to PhotoReading because they are not 'getting it' with regular reading. Hence it's suggested that for the first few books you apply mind mapping to discover the benefits of mind probing purposeful questions. Because mind mapping uses more of your mind if creates an out of the box thinking for many who have not been taugh how to gain comprehension from a book.

Once you've mind mapped for a while you've trained your mind to read with a purpose and get information with a purpose so that you can dispense with mind mapping. So again if you're a beginner and having difficulty activating it's recommended that you mind map.

quote:
3) If you photoread a book some time ago, and begin your activation lets say 2 or 4 weeks later - you need to photoread it again. I don't think so. It is already in your mind, jut get to it.

Never been suggested that you have to photoread it again. On that one you really need to trust your gut. There are books that need to be PhotoRead daily for a couple of weeks even before the individual feels ready to activate. It doesn't mean that they haven't PhotoRead it correctly it mean their mind is still working on it and when they are ready to activate it they know it. So there never is a rule as to how many times a particular book should be PhotoRead before you activate it. It's a personal thing. Again trust your own instinct. Don't make rules that you must be able to activate a book exactly the same way every time. Just like driving is different in rain or sunshine.

quote:
4) Most people spend to much time getting into the accelerated learning state. I don't think so. Just relax and get to it. By spending to much time on relaxation, you begin to worry if you are doing it right as well as you can defocus and think about some other stuff. Jut get to it.

Now that is not a myth that's a fact

The real myth is that there are set rules about photoreading that it has to happen a certain way and that for every book and every person the experience is going to be the same.

That is all a myth.

The advise we give about, incubation, mind mapping and photoreading a book again is what we found works for the majority.

When the system isn't working for the individual we often discover they attempted to by pass those experiences. When they come back and do them they do experience the a-ha that helps them to understand the system and through that they don't have to keep doing it they know now what they are looking for when the apply the PhotoReading system.

If there is any rule I'd offer it would be "try it and see what happens." And you might have to try it 10 to 20 times before you go "Look ma! No, hands!"

At least Ma's face won't turn ash white while she smiles through gritted teeth trying to supress a scream as you show off your PhotoReading skills.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited April 16, 2004).]

#41455 04/16/04 01:39 PM

(NLP, PRWMS, Sedona... all other stuff as well as other people. It is all written in the Bible. )

i am just curious about IT
what do u mean by that can u EPLAIN ?

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved