Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41490 04/20/04 06:14 PM
OP Offline

I have a proposition for a new, fairly new or experienced PR to photoread the entire New Testament Christian Bible and active information specifically on two particular baptims---water and Spirit...relate what you have learned concerning the meaning and purpose of water baptism and the baptism with the Holy Spirit.

I am eager to hear the results. Please post your results and/or e-mail me. Thank you.

#41491 04/21/04 12:39 AM

I'll be receiving the home course soon. One of my goals is to PR the entire old & new testament. Along those lines, I wonder how challenging this will be and how long it will take me. I'd love to hear from someone who has attempted and can provide feedback.
Thanks.

#41492 04/21/04 05:09 AM
OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by jsmith0414:
I'll be receiving the home course soon. One of my goals is to PR the entire old & new testament. Along those lines, I wonder how challenging this will be and how long it will take me. I'd love to hear from someone who has attempted and can provide feedback.
Thanks.

That is pretty awesome. I hope you well. I've PH a little bit of the NT for personal sake and interest. I recommend the quality of patience to be built up using this neat reading method, namely PRing because it can be a little difficult at first, but don't give up.

Once you get the hang of PRing...like the Bible and whatever else...I have some Bible studies on my web site that you could also practice to PR if you want. http://pursuitfortruth.tk

Take care in your pursuits.

#41493 04/22/04 08:14 PM

Ajobevoice, What is the purpose of this challenge? Is it for practice or a way for you to convert people?

I challenge everyone who partakes in this challenge to try what I challenge. Photoread all the "Holy Books" you get your hands on and activate looking for similarities between the beliefs.

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited April 22, 2004).]

#41494 04/26/04 09:46 PM

Mastermind! I like your challenge

I have been wanting to photoread and mindmap stories from both religions and mythologies.

I really like your idea of looking into the similarities of beliefs.

Krishna, Buddha, Moses, Christ, Mohammad, Baha'u'llah... let's see, there is also the Zoroastrian faith... have I missed any major ones?

#41495 04/26/04 11:25 PM
ked Offline

Or if you want to stick within Christianity for the challenge - why not activate The Gospel of Thomas as well? It's interesting how the book was not included in the bible. My hypothesis is that it contradicted what was written in Revelations - another controversial book, but one which many like because it relies on fear as its central message.

Overall I think our world could use a little activating of many different spiritual teachings and realize that we're not so different after all - even though we like to condemn each other to hell because of religion and fight wars over "differences" in beliefs.

#41496 04/27/04 03:32 AM

This is "ajobevoice". Somehow I can't access the recent account that I set up so I am using an older account. Basically what I was wanting to say is this---if you really desire to know what is beyond death, to know how to get to heaven, or rather a better place than here, then pursue the truth with all your heart and don't be flippant, but be totally serious and wholehearted...because I assure you if you seriously, sincerely desire the truth about "the beyond" and the way of salvation that you'll find it...but the question is what will you do when you know the truth?

As for me, I'm convinced when Jesus Christ came to this earth, He added humanity to His Divinity (He came in the likeness of men.) and proved to be Deity, the promised Messiah to show us the way of salvation, which I believe is revealed to us in both the Old and New Testament.

Take care in your pursuits.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved