Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Check this website out
http://www.debateit.net/stereoreading/info.htm

It doesn't say much but maybe somebody else has heard of StereoReading?

I have just checked out the site and it would seem to aid photoreading by helping the reader to achieve the photo-focus state, more or less the same as that used for viewing stereogrammes. This would have the benefit of 'assuring' the reader that the photo-focus state has been achieved and remains constant during the photoreading. In this technique I am guessing that there is no conscious awareness of the text at all, but other-than-conscious awareness would remain, thus achieving the desired result of photoreading the page. Does it work? My early experiments are inconclusive. The technique does not seem to extend into the super-reading, dipping and rapid-reading stages, but when used at the photoreading stage it may well help specifically for photo-focussing. Can any PR experts comment on this?

This website has been around for several years and several people have tried it.

I found that early on in my time with photoreading, I had a hard time keeping my eyes diverged. I kept wanting to focus.

So, I used the Stereoreading site as a way of getting the 'feel' of how divergence felt physically. Then, I was able to condition myself to diverge my eyes whenever I wanted. For example, I was able to diverge my eyes on a single page of paper instead of looking for the blip page in the middle of two pages.

See, the blip page is just a visual result of divergence. When you see the blip, you have diverged. However, how do you know you are diverged without the visual blip?

I found that by feeling the physical sensation, it allowed me to visually diverge no matter what the media was (web pages, single pieces of paper, etc.) .

Yes, there are other visual clues to divergence. However, the beginner will have a hard time knowing what to look for. I found the physical sensation was all that was necessary. And yes, you can also use the 3-d stereograms or magic eye images. But, there is something to be said for learning the physical sensation of divergence while looking *through* text. And that seems to be what the stereoreading is good for.

Best,
CS

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved