Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi All,

I have been reading about PR on your website/this discussion board since few days. I have lot of questions. Answers to these would help me decide to buy and study PR. So people who have done PR please help me out. Even though the course seems expensive , I dont mind investing because if this works the way promised, WOW !!!! . I can convert the [ 245 $ plus shipping ] into millions (or billions ) with all the knowledge I gain by reading all the books I want to read.

Q 1. First of all is this as simple as it looks.
Based on what I read this is what I got :
a. Photoread a book ( any subject any complexity )
b. Activiate it .
c. And magically every knowledge in the book becomes part of you as if you you spend X number of hours normal reading and studying the text.
=======================

Q 2. Reading the dictionary . After you PR the dictionary , can you remember the meaning of all the words ? ( What good is it if you can tell which page and line the word is but dont rememebr the meaning )

=======================

Q 3. Some testimonial said he reads 30 books per month. Thats one book daily. Is this really possible. To read one whole book daily and remember and be able to use all its content. Say for example a self-help book on self-confidence. Unless you contemplate on the principles in the book and think about it for a while things dont sink in . Do you mean to say that by PReading, you will be able to absord it all like a sponge ??

Thanks & Regards...

the quick-and-dirty answer to your questions is "no, it is not as easy as it looks".

You don't absorbe within minutes and magically know everything that is in what you PR.

What you do get is *everything you decide you need and want* from a book in about one third of the time it would take you to read it normally and get the same level of comprehension. And that is initially. The time needed will be reduced as you use the system.

This method entails a very conscious approach to reading / absorbing written material. Very active. It is important to continuously pinpoint your purpose and ask questions. Thus, even though the rewards are fantastic, it is not a "lazy" approach to learning.

This said, the photoreading whole mind system really does work. It takes a bit of training/practice, and the results really are mind-boggling - if you aren't expecting to absorbe like a sponge.

After having used the system for a while the "conscious" way - purposefully - many people notice spontaneous activation, i.e. information that appears at the right place at the right time and that you didn't know that you knew.

When it comes to the dictionary, the game of PRing and guessing location is an exercise to recognize your own internal signaling system. Few people, if any, can photoread a dictionary and immediately know all of the definitions therein.

This system is wonderful, and it takes a small amount of focus and dedication to make it work for you. With that small amount of persistent effort you can reap great, great rewards.

One book a day is not an unattainable goal at all within the system. Far from it! Even outside the system it isn't all that incredible

Best of luck,
K.

"After you PR the dictionary , can you remember the meaning of all the words ?"

No, not quite.

Here's what happens for me.

I am a member of many forums, and often write posts on all sorts of things.
Or in everyday life also this applies.

What happens is I'll be thinking of somehtign specific I want to egt across, but can't quite think of the right word to express myself.

I'll sit there and think for a moment.Suddenly a word comes into my mind.
Oftent his is a word I don't know the meaning to, so I'm thinking how is this word relevant to what I want to say.

So I check the word at www.dictionary.com

Amazingly almost every time, if not every time, the explanation given is exactly right for what I want to convey.

So if you see what I'm saying is that my brain has within it all the words I photoread from the dictionary, and I will egt signals for when I need that particualr word, hunches if you like.

The way I approach things now, is that every thought must have meaning.
Why would a thought, or word, or whatever, enter your head if it had no meaning to what you want to achieve whatsoever.

Think about it a while, it ameks sense.

Anyway, with explaining the benefits of PR, I ahve to be careful and explain that this is my personal experience, and that yours may be different.

But basically, the dictionary game is this.

PR the dictionary, let all the words enter your brain for processing.

When your thinking a way toe xpress yourself using words, notice what comes to mind.

Activate = seeking out that what comes to mind makes sense, ie consciously reference it.

Ahaaa, that's what I wanted.

If you see.If you'd never PR the dictioanry, those thoughts wouldn't have entered your mind.

Thanks!

Just answering to dictionary game, the purpose of that is to spot the words and then remember where they are. This will boost your photographic memory and I think you will get the meanings as well when you are very used to it. (although I am not sure yet)

Anyway, I have been PR a dictionary and my ability to spot a word increased from almost 0% to about 30-40% within two weeks. I am still in development and I am going for 60% correct.

By the way, ALex's encouragement was very helpful when I was frustrated not spotting words correctly. Anyway, thank you Alex!

OP Offline

Hi Friends ,

Thank you very much for the replies. The statement "PR helps you get as much info as in a normal read in 1/3 of the time" makes sense. It has been said in other posts too. I kind of get it now.

I have some questions still.

Q 1
Does PR bypass your conscious mind and lets data go directly to your sub-conscious through "photo" reading it ? And then you activate it through some techniques so that you consciously becoming aware of it ??

Q2 : Like you said that some words pop up in your mind and you dont know where it came from ( of course due to photo reading the dictionary ), does this mean that you dont maintain a conscious awareness of the material you read with PR ? And that it just comes to you automatically when you need it ?

Please let me know. Its not that I am trying to analyze too much before even trying the course. But just that I am very curious. I really want this thing to work

Because , if this works , one of my problems will be solved and I will get a rocket boost to my quest for self development. I've got so many books which I am sure will take me 3-4 years to read and many more which I am simply not buying just because I know I do not have the time to read.

Thanks a lot !!

Yo, first off, follow Ford's advice "whether you think you can or can't, you're right."

I'm not going to say whether to buy it or not...but if you got the budget, go ahead!

Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by read_it_soak_it:
Hi Friends ,
Q 1
Does PR bypass your conscious mind and lets data go directly to your sub-conscious through "photo" reading it ? And then you activate it through some techniques so that you consciously becoming aware of it ??

That's the aim. 90% of all learning takes place non consciously. It's usually once we stop grappling with the problems and "sleep on it" that we often find our answers, even understanding with what we are studying. PhotoReading aims to use that natural skill by allowing our mind to take in the written data before we start censoring and limiting our understanding of it. Regular reading is kind of like listening to a joke we think we understand and can guess where it's heading but often wind up having to correct our thinking because as we are listening we are comparing it with our knowledge base but the information really trying to tell us something differently. When we PhotoRead the material we have an internal knowledge that allows us to move faster to the correct information because we have been pre-exposed to it without conscious censorship.

quote:
Q2 : Like you said that some words pop up in your mind and you dont know where it came from ( of course due to photo reading the dictionary ), does this mean that you dont maintain a conscious awareness of the material you read with PR ? And that it just comes to you automatically when you need it ?

Once you activate it you have the same conscious awareness as you do with regular reading and it is often better. The 'spontaneous' activation is the information being made conscious. If you don't need the information you won't build a conscious awareness of it. Just like you don't need a conscious awareness of what you had for breakfast 21 July 1999. If you are PhotoReading for specific information for a specific use you will have the necessary conscious awarenes. You are in control of that you activate the material to the degree that satisfies you.

quote:
Please let me know. Its not that I am trying to analyze too much before even trying the course. But just that I am very curious. I really want this thing to work

Be warned the more you want something the more you want it your own way the harder it is to get it.

quote:
Because , if this works , one of my problems will be solved and I will get a rocket boost to my quest for self development. I've got so many books which I am sure will take me 3-4 years to read and many more which I am simply not buying just because I know I do not have the time to read.

PhotoReading doesn't do anything - you do... If PhotoReading works, then you managed to learn the system.

Alex

Thanks a lot !![/B][/QUOTE]

I dunno..i bought this program three years ago and wasted hours trying to learn to photoread...but i learned nothing and my reading speed did not increase at all..although it does not work with me, I still would love to be able to photoread..

carolqtpi,

What happened when you tried the 5 day test/experiment?

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved