Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41870 05/27/04 10:52 PM
OP Offline

I’m Brand new to photo reading and have a million questions.
But I’ll start with just a few.
First if I PR a fiction book that I have read before do I have to activate?
Also if I PR a non-fiction book like say The Einstein factor which has so many things I’d like to get out of it do I need to run through every process several times, once for each area of interest I’d like to focus on. If so it seems that I’d have to go through the book at least 25 times to get every thing out of it.
Any one have a better suggestion to get the most out of a book that has so many new things. I’m afraid that if I’m too vague I’ll get nothing and if too specific I wont get enough.
How can I tell my subconscious what to look for if I don’t already know the material in the book.

#41871 05/28/04 02:41 PM
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by im_no_sheele:
I’m Brand new to photo reading and have a million questions.
But I’ll start with just a few.
First if I PR a fiction book that I have read before do I have to activate?

No but what's the point?

quote:
Also if I PR a non-fiction book like say The Einstein factor which has so many things I’d like to get out of it do I need to run through every process several times, once for each area of interest I’d like to focus on. If so it seems that I’d have to go through the book at least 25 times to get every thing out of it.
Any one have a better suggestion to get the most out of a book that has so many new things. I’m afraid that if I’m too vague I’ll get nothing and if too specific I wont get enough.

Purpose... what do you want to know from the book? Specifically, How would you expect to apply the information once you found it. If you're not going to use it why bother with activating it?

quote:
How can I tell my subconscious what to look for if I don’t already know the material in the book.

You're asking a conscious mind question. Funny thing about the conscious mind it relies on the nonconscious mind for everything anyway. 90% of all learning happens nonconsiously anyway. How did you know that your non conscious mind picked up the information and enabled you to learn to communicate as a baby?

Just did it that's all.

Alex

#41872 05/28/04 09:06 PM
OP Offline

I'm reading a series that contains 9 books so far. As new books come out I like to refresh the major and minor details from past books because they come up again.

When reading a new non-fiction book I want to get as musch new knowlege out of it as I can. If for instance I had photoread the photoreading book with the purpose of leaning how to photo focus and then while dipping or rapid reading discoved that there was so much more to the book would i need to re photoread with a new purpose? I just dont want to photo read with such a myopic purpose that I miss out on new knowlege I didnt expect to be in the book.

I have a book on cisco routers.
In order to sucessfully learn this there are several things to know:
1. network basics
2. hardware specifics
3. programming
4. trouble shooting
So in order to learn fully what i need to from this book do i need to go through it 4 times? Or can my purpose be as broad as covering several topics found in a book?

If so how do I account for in my purpose things I may not expect in a book but may be critical knowlege to have or use?

#41873 05/29/04 04:22 AM

Try it and see what works best for you.

The conscious mind can only remember 7 plus or minus 2 bits of information. If you have 4 ideas on your mind and you collect 3 answers or core things you need to know for each question you're going to have to forget somethng. You wind up being a passive rather than active reader. You don't need to pass throught the whole book only the sections that holds the answer.

Activation is done in layers you do as many passes as it takes to get the book to gel for you.

After each pass you check your purpose. Compare what you learned, do you want to know something more/ Did you discover something that led to another question?

It comes down to; 'what do you want to know?'

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved