Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello folks,
I think the tangerine technique is very powerful tool(or weapon). No kidding. I recently discovered my reading speed very fast because I have been using the focus on the back part of my head instead of using the eyes only... It definitely helps especially for activation!!!
I think this technique is almost equivalent to $1000 course of speedreading course, although I have not taken any speedreading course, yet.

Just sharing my success story...
-007-

I found it amazing too. But I've noticed that lately I haven't been using it too much. I need to remind myself to use it. I've been experimenting with skipping some of the steps to get into the relaxed alertness state.

I always thought that you either think about the upper backside of your head, or that you can touch that part of your head and you will be focused, and that the relaxed alertness will kick in automatically.

But now I feel that it really works if I actually focus (manually) from that part of my head. Do I have to manually focus all the time, or will the relaxed alertness mode work on its own after awhile?

I find that for normal reading, and especially for reading out-loud, that opening my field of awareness to the entire line make the reading much more fluid and rapid.

Those simple little things are so useful.

You are perfection,
Iam2

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by CitizenKane:

But now I feel that it really works if I actually focus (manually) from that part of my head. Do I have to manually focus all the time, or will the relaxed alertness mode work on its own after awhile?

No, once you have the focus triggered you gan get right one with it. An occasional check in serves as a reminder.

Alex

Heh-heh - I did not know what a "tangerine" was at first. Someone told me it's a girl wearing a tanga (!!!). Since then, I have found out that it's a "mandarin orange," what we call a Nartjie (nah-chee)over here.
The mistaken identity does wonders towards keeping that particular tangerine on the back of your head...
Jokes aside - I find it works for focusing attention other tasks as well. With a nartjie, not a girl, that is (my wife'd kill me, otherwise

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved