Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41955 06/06/04 06:31 PM
Paco Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello.

I almost finish my PR personal course. I have followed all the steps exactly as told by Paul and my purpose is clear and strong enough, but I have some doubt feelings about the eficacy of the system.

I don't feel I am learning or knowing the information I have been working with. How is the PR sensation of knowing the information? After all the steps, I feel that I know the amout of information that I could know just by simply speed reading specific parts of the books.

Is this a normal feeling/experience for all beginners? What should I expect? Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot!

Paco.

#41956 06/07/04 03:36 AM

Nah, it is normal at first, and you are not missing much and you are doing fine. I had exact same feeling like you when I first started. It is natural for everyone to feel skeptical and frustration about PR at first, I think. However, if you really want to learn PR, you have to be persistent with it. I got the course last year and I stopped using it for a year and I started again 3months ago. I have listened to tapes 3 times so far So my advice to you is to listen to it again and again until you feel confident each PR steps and don't forget to state your purpose of your reading.

Don't give up yet and ask questions to Alex K. She has helped me a lot of questions that were not clear to me. Just stick to it and you will discover the beauty of the photoreading.

-007-

[This message has been edited by klizark007 (edited June 06, 2004).]

#41957 06/07/04 03:48 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Try skipping previewing and doing post viewing instead.

The biggests mistake is to quit activating too soon is you don't feel you are learning or gaining knowledge of the informtion, make sure that you fully activate the book till it gels. In the beginning that will mean more passes. The aim at this point is to get your readin done in 1/3 the time so that can mean a book will require 4 to 6 or more passes.

If you feel that you could get the information from a book speedreading certain parts, experiment try it on a couple of books that you haven't PhotoRead. Then you will begin to notice a difference.

A
lex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved