Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I'm studying for the patent bar exam which is a multiple choice test. One of the biggest difficulties to that test is just finishing that test.

I've been trying for years to get the photo-reading mind system to help me out with test taking but I haven't been able to get it to work.

I've gone through hundreds of multiple choice questions and have gotten most of them wrong. I always seem to miss some important detail. I don't know what to do.

I get into the photo-focus state, then say I'm about to photo-read this test in order to expose it too my inner mind. Then I photo-read the test and say inner-mind this is the test please bring up all of the necessary associations so that I can answer as many of the questions correctly as possible.

I feel good when I'm going through the test, like I'm in the flow state. I'm aware of myself and act on intuition as to wether or not to answer the question or to move on and come back to it. I pay attention to what my mind thinks the correct answer is.

Then when I'm correcting the test and find wrong answers I instantly realize what detail I missed. I know the material well enough that I felt like I should have gotten the correct answer.

I photo read about 500 pages a night before I go to sleep and tell my inner mind to dream about the material and organize in a manner that my conscious mind can understand. I do feel like I'm understanding the material. I've been listening to the personal genius paraliminal tape also with intent of improving my ability to take multiple choice tests and notice details.

The problem is my ability to see the details so that I can properly answer the questions, some of them are quite tricky.

Any suggestions for taking tricky multiple choice tests would be appreciated.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

The first rule of photoreading is know how much time you have and how you're going to spend it.

The first rule of taking a test is knowing how much time you have for each question so...

The first thing you need to do when taking multiple choice test.

Know how much time you have and how much time you can spend on each question. Subtract a bit from each to give you time in reserve.

Eg you have 1 hour for 60 questions that means you have 1 minute each, however you allow yourself 50 second per question that gives you a reserve of 10 minutes at the end to go back to tricky questions or missed ones.

If you come across an answer that you know is false cross it off immediately, it prevents you from having to re-reading and reassessing, and remembering what was wrong with it the first time round.

If after eliminating or you're stuck with plain guessing you have two options.

A fact that can be useful, is, that the answer is most often c since they don't like putting the correct answer at a or d very often. The other useful clue is that the longest answer is usually the correct one. Examiners rare spend a lot of time creating long answers for incorrect answers.

For your affirmation drop "as many". "All that is possible for me to get correct."

An idea...
You might add an affirmation. "I am alert to all the cues my mind is showing me to identify the correct answer."

When you use the memory supercharger you could try adding that affirmation, say it three times just prior to listening, if you happen to remember it while listening great and when you put the headphones away say it again 3 times, so perhaps writing it on a piece of paper will help remind you of your intention.

Let us know if this works for you.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks for the advice. I'm planning on using either the Belief or Auto-pilot paraliminals to have more confidence in my abilities. I have no problem with motivating myself to study, the problem is taking enough breaks, people have to tear me away from my studies. I've been using the sedona method to release on my emotions and self doubts as they come up.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved