Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#42166 06/28/04 09:02 PM
OP Offline

If I listen to a cd while doing the photoreading process(such as the quietude cd from Awakening Prologue) will I more easily be able to induce and maintain an alpha state, and if so will my brain relie on this so much that I will be unable to induce alpha states without the cd?

#42167 06/29/04 10:32 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

During the PhotoReading step itself the brain produces little or no alpha.

If you have practiced the steps it takes a mere 10 to 30 seconds for the brain to achieve the correct brainwave without outside help. They've attached a brainwave monitor on enought students to have confirmed that even a novice can quickly achieve the right brainwave state just by getting into photofocus and saying the chant to quieten the mind chatter.

As for music becoming an anchor. Yes it happens quite often. Reseach has shown that students who habitually listen to radio or music (rock and roll or whatever) have greater difficutly in the classroom simply because the music is absent. They know they learned their stuff but are unable to bring it back out in a classroom or exam because they anchored it with music.

Alex

#42168 06/30/04 10:19 PM
OP Offline

So wait, is it the 3..2..1 relaxation method that induces the alpha waves or is it turning the pages while in photofocus all the while chanting, or is it both?

#42169 07/01/04 02:19 AM

3 2 1 Is the Accelerative Learning State, where your mind is more focused in a relaxed manner on learning. (Just as useful for listening, exams and other task where you're taking in information). It slows down the beta brainwave and trigger a bit more alpha... (alpha being the connection to between outer thinking and deeper insights from the theta level. Having prepared like that you're on the diving board ready for the ideal mindstate and brainwave pattern which show up as soon as you get into photofocus.

During thw whole process your brainwave patterns changes rapidly, when you photoread, superread, dip and ask mind probing questions. Each will trigger a unique set of brainwaves that are right for that particular part of the task.

The brain knows what to do, you just got to train your mind to follow the steps so that it becomes habit. Same as lifting weights, the arms know what to do, do it more it becomes habit and what was once hard becomes easier. Nothings changed you just got into the habit and the muscles strenghtened accordingly.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited June 30, 2004).]

#42170 07/01/04 06:10 PM

Why does Win Wenger say we should be in the theta state? Photoreading would take a lot longer if it were necessary to go down that far.

#42171 07/02/04 02:37 AM

We are in the theta or rather high theta low beta with little to no alpha during the actual PhotReading stage.

Paul and other instructors have connected many beginners and advanced users of the PhotoReading System and in all cases it was found that even a beginner can quickly achieve high theta and Low beta (almost no alpha) as soon as they take a few moments to relax and then start turning the pages in photofocus.

Fact of the matter is you don't have to try all that hard to achieve the right brainwave... Your brain does that for you, you just need to apply the system of stating your purpose, stating your intentions (affirm) get into photofocus, PhotoRead, remember your intention (affirm) incubate - the more difficult the subject seems a longer incubation period becomes more benefical, mind probe (build curiosity), activate.

With regular use for many average books (200-300 pages) this whole process from start to finish can take 20 to 90 minutes depending on the level of detail that you want.

We tend to derail ourselves trying to open our heads to flick a switch, when the switch is merely, getting into relaxed alertness and photofocus.

Alex

#42172 07/04/04 11:13 PM

I am confused... As I have always known it, the brainwave patterns descend as follows:

13-30 Hz -- Beta- alert conciousness, high activity state.

8-12 Hz -- Alpha The state of relaxed alertness.

4-8 Hz -- Theta- Deep relaxation and meditation.

0-4 Hz -- Delta- Deep Sleep without dreams. (REM sleep brainstates flucuate between any of the waking brainwave states)

My question and the source of my confusion is this... I always assumed (I've been a photoreader and Image streamer for about 3 years) that the accelerative learnng state is precisely the alpha brainwave with some high theta thrown in. But as I read this topic it sounds like its low beta/high theta. But that would entail a jump over the entire alpha spectrum. It doesn't make sense to me.

#42173 07/05/04 07:10 AM

It doesn't jump over brainwaves. Unnecessary brainwaves are not actively active. Thoughout the day in the average person we hang around Beta frequencies and all the others are largly suppressed. It's been found that in these cases a person might have a 2 to 5 second burst of alpha every minute.

Tou are mistakeningly perceiving brainwaves as a linear form, one happening after another in a domino effect. In actual fact Alpha, Beta, Theta, Delta are each individual waves only labeled that way because they were discovered in that order, there are also other brainwaves being investigated, Eplilon and Gamma have been mentiond. Some scientist are realising that possibly they have predefined the sensitivity of the equipment too much limiting the idenfication of other possible brainwaves.

Even when people hook themselves up to a bio feedback device they rely on consciously performing certain actions that they know will adjust the brain waves. The funny thing is you can train a person away from a biofeedback device later hook them up and find they quickly have the brainwave pattern they were aiming for.

Alex

#42174 07/16/04 08:50 AM

For everybody who is interrest in alpha und want to train it on a daily and extrem fast basis. Use/Learn the "Silva Method" which was invented by Jose Silva. It enables you to jump extrem fast to a konstant alpha state. You won`t need this exactly for photoreat, but it`s quite usefull for lots aof other things...
www.silvamethod.com

whish you all the best
Best regards Psydonym

#42175 07/28/04 09:07 PM

Alex:

Mystikal Warrior has asked a good and clear question here. How can the brain be in Beta and Theta but not Alpha? Are you saying that different parts of the brain are in different states?

Thanks.
Agent B

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved