Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hey, I was reading some past topics and noticed the great variety of languages, nationalities, and locations that are represented here on the forums. So I decided to dedicate a post to our diversity. America loves diversity (most of us anyway) so I'd love to hear about:
1. Any languages you speak, read, photoread, or are trying to learn using photoreading.
2. Where you're from!
3. Anything else language, culture, or nationality-related that you'd like to share.

I am American, I have of course used photoreading on english. I also used some photoreading in a spanish class I took in high school. Right now I am living in Florida, and I'm going to use photoreading to learn Japanese soon. I've ordered a Japanese dictionary and a grammar dictionary to help me learn to speak and read (romanized) japanese. Please share with us all.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

You picked a bad time of year to ask. Everyone is on school holidays. August might be a better month for a response but right now anyone who doesn't need to be working is taking a break and that usually means away from the computer

Alex

Ok, now that explains it. It makes sense now.
I should be getting away from the city myself, not just from the computer.

quote:
Originally posted by Alex K. Viefhaus:
You picked a bad time of year to ask. Everyone is on school holidays. August might be a better month for a response but right now anyone who doesn't need to be working is taking a break and that usually means away from the computer

Alex

Oh yeah, same here.
Well, I am from Taiwan and knew about photoreading a year ago. I speak Mandarin, English and a bit of Thai. Currently in University studying International Trades. Appearantly I am still struggling with the system because (maybe) I was taught in this rigid education system here in Asia.

OP Offline

ohhh ok. I work 40 hour weeks but I am making time to use photoreading so I dont die in college under all the Books! Well im glad to hear about anyone's info but I noticed it was slow around here so thats ok.

I am American currently I live in Tennessee but am from Ann Arbor, MI. I took three years of German but "Wie Gehts" is the extent of my German. I am currently using PR to learn German, Greek and Latin.

I'm English and I speak English (just about lol), lancastrian and scouse lol.

Seriously though, the diverity here is wide.It's great to read about different people's experiences from all corners of the World on here.
That goes for all sorts of forums I'm a member of, you gotta love the internet eh.

I'd class myself as a competent PR, but am always improving, making new breakthroughs.

I'd like to learn some languages, but am unsure as to what approach to take.
I knwos ome french and spanish, but not enough to say that I can speak those languages fluently.
Do you guys buy language books and just practice alone through reading?
I suppose the ideal is to interact with native speakers, but that isn't always attainable at first.

It's something that interests me though, as I'd like to maybe work abroad and experience a different culture (get out of the box so to speak).

Good luck to eevryone whatever your goals are.

I am a Chinese and live in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a colony of England before 1997
and it was returned back to China

Every students in Hong Kong must learn English and most of my books I study are written in English

My mother lanuage is Cantonese. As you know, Hong Kong is an international city.
It locate at southern part of Mainland China. So Madarin is more and more important for us.

I am 19 yrs old. In my age all students need to learn Cantonese, Madarin and English(In our term, Bilingual and Triliterate)

I just finished my A-Level Exam. I study English, Pure Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry. They are extremly difficult

I used PR to due with them. I feel good when I was studying but nothing suprise me after the result was released. PR are not really help me to pull up my grades in exam

I am now having a great ambition on improve my English standard. I want to see film without watching Chinese subtitle, read novel without dictionary, chat with foreigner without embrassing and....... have a gf that is speak in English

Anyways, give me the score of my English

I am from Austria (Central Europe). I am speaking German and English. I also lernt French (but didnt practice speaking it for a long time) and the last 2 years i have been learning Spanish.

The first time i heard from PR was in school from my german teacher but i really started PRing in january (2004) after i attended a workshop.

Here in austria i got the feeling that PR is widely unknown. Mind Maps are spoken of in most schools but if you compare the Mind Maps they speak of to the Mind Maps Buzan has in mind then there is huge difference (thats probably why i didnt like mind maps until i got the mind map book )

I'm from HELL, or better known as Arizona.
I learned Japanese While living in Japan but have lost a great deal in the 10 years since.
I plan to use PR to catch up on my japanese and to learn spanish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved