Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
hocus Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi!

Recently I got excited about PR. During my search on the net I found both great appraisals as well as negative opinions about the photo reading method.

I'd like to use PR mainly for reading technical docs and general news information. And I wonder if it is really worth spending time on training. As for example NASA in their report states that they failed to find proofs that PR has any advantage over traditional reading methods. Their conclusion was that general relation between reading speed and level of comprehension when photoreading hardly matches that of traditional methods (sic!).

So, my question is: is it really possible to achieve skill of reading 2, 3, 5 (...?) times faster while maintaining full comprehension of the text? Or is it just an effect of subjective, false sense of confidence imposed by self hipnosis, as NASA claims, and this all lightning-fast reading does not really go along with real understanding of the text?

Best regards
Hocus

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

You might like to consider a similar self experiment... try it and see.

Alex

I agree with Alex. The book is cheap at about $17. Buy it, follow the directions, and see if it works.

Hey Hocus!

The PR system does work! I am an educator and let me tell you that I've found that you need to "let go" old reading beliefs and start reading in a new way in order to get the most of your brain capacity.

I think the people that thinks it doesn't work have not gave a fair try to the system. Usually people who tries to remain in absolute control of everything experiment issues in learning the PR System.

My best advice: Give it a good try. This forum is full of people using the system and there are thousands of books sold, and hundreds of courses given globally... THE SYSTEM WORKS!

Paco

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved