Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline

I feel like if I photoread multiple times, I could get better look at the book, thus knowing the information.
Is this right?

And also, when I superread(while not dipping), am I supposed to get any information in my conscious mind? Or conscious information comes totally from dipping, which would help activate?

Thanks very much.

Superreading absorbs information on a more conscious level and allows your inner mind to guide you towards information that is relevant to your purpose, it is more superficial than dipping. Dipping is absorbing facts directly through reading (but with the tangerine technique and a wide gaze, it's fast reading) and moving on when you feel you have gotten everything directly related to your purpose or what your inner mind directed you to. Keep your mind open to your intuition while superreading and you will also get bits and pieces of the text with your wide gaze and peripheral vision.

OP Offline

Thanks, Neo.

So I don't have to UNDERSTAND the material while super reading? I think you said super reading is more of a guide for inner mind than actual information gathering.

Correct?

Now, I found stating purpose and formulating questions to be my greatest challenge.
I mean what could be a purpose of PRing a math dictionary besides "get the words and get the facts"?
Do you have any tips on question formulating?(and making a purpose)

Thanks

Learning Strategies Admin

You don't notice every word consciously when superreading. By me phrases jump up here and there.

On the Maths Dictionary.

I'm going to pretent that I am studying maths and one of the Resources available to me is the Maths Dictionary.

Why would I want to PhotoRead the Maths Dictionary? Well I'm studying Maths and understanding the terms relevant to my area of study could by quite useful.

My purpose for PhotoReading the Maths Dictionary would for me simply be to become aware of and understand the terms and explanations that are relevant to me in the current area of my studies. So that I can easily solve the maths problems when I confront them or quickly find the explanation in the Dictionary when I need it.

Alex

Hello everybody.
I¡¦d like to extend this topic posting some information concerning learning PRing.
Firstly I write what I¡¦ve been doing and you (who is reading this topic and having experience and the answer) please give me some advise or correction what I¡¦ve done wrong, will you?
I¡¦ve been using PR Whole Mind System for three weeks, almost every day for 3-5 hours.
When I came to Record 7 (PR Your Own Book) I took an advantage to read: ¡§Studying and living in the UK¡¨ (A guide for international students and visitors) by The British Council, 154 pages.
The book containing important information regarding studying and living in the UK which can help me not to make lots of mistakes.
Alex asked Mathematic what he was doing and how. Not to repeat misunderstanding I¡¦ll briefly write what I have done.
1 day. Previewing (20minuts)
PRing (8 minutes)
Mind Probing (3 minutes)
Super Reading* (27 minutes)
*- I combine SP & Dipping with Rapid Reading so that all details very important to me and I don¡¦t wanna miss a point.
Memory Supercharger (15 minutes)
Sleep Cycle** (30 minutes)
**After MS I can¡¦t help falling asleep, but it fantastically relaxes me
Mind Probing (2 minutes)
Super Reading & Dipping whole book (with
Rapid Reading as I mentioned earlier)
(23 minute)

2 day. PRing (3 minutes)
Super Reading (7 minutes)

3 day. PRing (4 minutes)
Super Reading (5 minutes)
4 day PRing (3 minutes)
Super Reading (6 minutes)

Now I¡¦ve got a question:
How does it help me to do it if I need to be aware not just of the context of the book, but the (flash) I mean all details? Moreover if I read a dictionary I don¡¦t wanna find out the structure, but the details. Otherwise what is the point of being aware of the structure but not being capable of knowing correct spelling or meaning the words?
Look, I wanna you get me; I don¡¦t need the structure so much, for me the most important point is THE DETAILS!!!! When I am reading the learning book ¡§Microsoft Office XP¡¨ I have to know exactly where to click but not the structure of the bookƒ¼. The same level of comprehension I can archive by elementary reading. And now tell me what the point of all this learning is. Where is preconscious mind? When will all the Data Base come to conscious mind and I am be capable of remembering all phone numbers addresses and other information. I took as simply book as possible. But imagine taking a book which teaches you programming and administration SQL Server 2k. Aha?
Excuse me for this aggressive tone, but I am afraid I¡¦ve tried all my best, all methods concerning Reading. It seems if I fail I simply give up my researchƒ¼.
I don¡¦t understand also why I have to PR every time, is it not enough for preconscious mind to read just ones?
Thanks. Victor.

quote:
Originally posted by Victor_Elen:
Hello everybody.
I¡¦d like to extend this topic posting some information concerning learning PRing.
Firstly I write what I¡¦ve been doing and you (who is reading this topic and having experience and the answer) please give me some advise or correction what I¡¦ve done wrong, will you?
I¡¦ve been using PR Whole Mind System for three weeks, almost every day for 3-5 hours.
When I came to Record 7 (PR Your Own Book) I took an advantage to read: ¡§Studying and living in the UK¡¨ (A guide for international students and visitors) by The British Council, 154 pages.
The book containing important information regarding studying and living in the UK which can help me not to make lots of mistakes.
Alex asked Mathematic what he was doing and how. Not to repeat misunderstanding I¡¦ll briefly write what I have done.

Excellent because now I can help you.
quote:

Too long, max time for a book is 8 minutes 90 seconds is recommended.

quote:
PRing (8 minutes)
Average book of 200 to 300 pages (even 400 - 500 pages) ... too long, Turn a page every one to 2 seconds
quote:
Mind Probing (3 minutes)
iffy.. can be done periodically during incubation 3 minutes is Okay if you have a pretty good idea of what you want from a book.

quote:
Super Reading* (27 minutes)
*- I combine SP & Dipping with Rapid Reading so that all details very important to me and I don¡¦t wanna miss a point.

Bad move, dip is rhythmic perusal, not so much rapid reading. dipping is reading a phase or two or perhaps a sentence or two at the most a paragraph if it is answering your question.

A distinction - Rapid reading is, going through the book from beginning to end. If you combine rapid reading with superreading and dipping then you are not superreading and dipping period. You are merely rapid reading and have by passed the faster manual activation techniques. If you want to get PhotoReading. to work, get over the need to know everything in one go. It doesn't happen with traditional reading and it won't happen with PhotoReading because the conscious mind does not work that way. Build your knowled in layers and leave rapid reading for the very last step in the process of activating the book

quote:
lenght of the Paraliminal...

quote:
Sleep Cycle** (30 minutes)
**After MS I can¡¦t help falling asleep, but it fantastically relaxes me

not surprising however if you get up you'll notice that you are even more refreshed.

quote:
Mind Probing (2 minutes)
Super Reading & Dipping whole book (with
Rapid Reading as I mentioned earlier)
(23 minute)

Comment already made applies

quote:
2 day. PRing (3 minutes)

That's more like it.

quote:
Super Reading (7) minutes

Why so short?

quote:
3 day. PRing (4 minutes)

Same book?

quote:

What's your purpose? did you get what you wanted in that 5 minutes? why did you start with 27 minutes and now do an activation pass in 5? You realise of course that it takes 10 minutes for the mind to get into the flow state whenever it does a task? It can get faster once you've gained experience but there is no way no how you're ready to say you're in the flow state of activation so why did you only give it 5 minutes?

quote:
4 day PRing (3 minutes)
Super Reading (6 minutes)

My math must be bad but how does your effort on these 4 days = 3 to 5 hours per day. You spent less than 10 mintues with the book day 4 and 5?

quote:
Now I¡¦ve got a question:
How does it help me to do it if I need to be aware not just of the context of the book, but the (flash) I mean all details?

to get the same level of comprehension out of a book, as a beginner you can do it in 1/3 the time it takes you to traditionally read the book so if the book in your example takes 12 hours it's going to take you 4 hours of activation to get the same or better level of comprehension (it's often better because the connections between the front of the book and the back are made sooner)

So far you haven't even spent an hour activating.

Do the 5 day test, you'll note its 30 minutes per session with the exception of day one which might take 10 minutes.

As pointed out in the 5 day test on day 5 you will have spend a little over 2 hours with the book, compare that with your traditional reading.

quote:
Moreover if I read a dictionary I don¡¦t wanna find out the structure, but the details. Otherwise what is the point of being aware of the structure but not being capable of knowing correct spelling or meaning the words?

Who reads a dictionary normally anyway? we look up words when we want to chect the spelling PR will point you to the word faster but very few people actually bother to read it.

quote:
Look, I wanna you get me; I don¡¦t need the structure so much, for me the most important point is THE DETAILS!!!! When I am reading the learning book ¡§Microsoft Office XP¡¨ I have to know exactly where to click but not the structure of the bookƒ¼. The same level of comprehension I can archive by elementary reading.

As already explained

quote:
And now tell me what the point of all this learning is.

None the way you're trying to learn it

quote:
Where is preconscious mind? When will all the Data Base come to conscious mind and I am be capable of remembering all phone numbers addresses and other information. I took as simply book as possible. But imagine taking a book which teaches you programming and administration SQL Server 2k. Aha?

You don't learn them over night do you... some of those text books take 25 to 75 hours to learnwith traditional reading which means 5 to 25 hours of activation is going to be required and you won't get that with a lazy 5 minute superread and poor mind probing questions.

quote:
Excuse me for this aggressive tone, but I am afraid I¡¦ve tried all my best, all methods concerning Reading. It seems if I fail I simply give up my researchƒ¼.
I don¡¦t understand also why I have to PR every time, is it not enough for preconscious mind to read just ones?
Thanks. Victor.

You don't have to PR every time.

Now I have some questions for you

What was your score on page 47 and 49 of the manual.

What happened with the prepare stage?
What is your purpose for reading the book?
You failed to mention entering the ALS... so how long did that take you?
How many trigger words did you pull from the book during your preview?

What was your score for pre-test second trial?
What was your experience with the exericise on page 20 of the manual?
How does that exercise apply to NOPS?

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited August 07, 2004).]

Thank you Alex for so quick answer I am gonna give all answers tomorrow.
Cheers. Victor.

OP Offline

Alex, I am still trying. As NOPS says, I am not really getting all that stressed; I just PR whenever I can on whatever book I can find. I tried to build a strong purpose, and again, I am not sure if I am doing it right.

On the MindProbing step, am I supposed to recall from my subconscious mind? I am asking this, because I feel like all I recall is from conscious mind.

Mind Mapping--I still didn't try did one yet. I don't know how to get started. Same question here: am I supposed to recall from my subconscious mind?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by TheMathematical (edited August 08, 2004).]

OP Offline

As Victor Elen said, I also have many occassions where I did to recall precise details (like I have a list of words with definitions). Would photoreading multiple times and have multiple activation passes help?

Alex, you are a great teacher and you cheered me very much.
Now I am sure I have been doing mostly all things wrong. It means for me I must not be a disappointed pupil due to PRing has not worked for me, on the contrary it might still be working just I have to follow the exact steps.

/////

-------------------------------------

Too long, max time for a book is 8 minutes 90 seconds is recommended.
Yes, Previewing (according 26-th page, Manual) = 5-8min.
is there any percentage how much I should spend time?

//////
PRing (8 minutes)
Average book of 200 to 300 pages (even 400 - 500 pages) ... too long, Turn a page every one to 2 seconds
8 min. I miscounted those were all 6 steps of PRing (40p. Manual)
//////
Mind Probing (3 minutes)
iffy.. can be done periodically during incubation 3 minutes is Okay if you have a pretty good idea of what you want from a book.
What do you get at by saying “Periodically during incubation”; does it mean the period between fist and second section of activation, for instants: between 1-st. and 2-nd. day?
I’ve definitely got a pretty good idea: I want to catch what a person ought to do preparing for coming to England, all the steps in details.
/////
length of the Paraliminal...
17.39 minutes.
///////
What's your purpose? did you get what you wanted in that 5 minutes? why did you start with 27 minutes and now do an activation pass in 5? You realise of course that it takes 10 minutes for the mind to get into the flow state whenever it does a task? It can get faster once you've gained experience but there is no way no how you're ready to say you're in the flow state of activation so why did you only give it 5 minutes?
No I didn’t get what I had wanted in those 5 minutes. The problem is I am not able to remember facts and places even if dip. It’s mostly like: “in one ear comes in another goes” . I started with 27m due to not being aware of the structure of the book, now I know the structure and it takes me less time.
///
My math must be bad but how does your effort on these 4 days = 3 to 5 hours per day. You spent less than 10 minutes with the book day 4 and 5?
Yeah, sorry, you are right; I should have said: I’ve spent 3-5hs Listening to the cassettes, reading Manual and Forum.
//////
Moreover if I read a dictionary I don?¦t wanna find out the structure, but the details. Otherwise what is the point of being aware of the structure but not being capable of knowing correct spelling or meaning the words?
Who reads a dictionary normally anyway? we look up words when we want to chect the spelling PR will point you to the word faster but very few people actually bother to read it.
I do read a dictionary as I am not a native speaker, but want to be familiar with English. Exactly, most people don’t read, because the English is Mother Language for them; in my own language I haven’t read more then 20 words pear my life.
/////
Now the answers for you questions:
1.What was your score on page 47 and 49 of the manual? Ah that is tricky regarding The PRing Whole Mind System book; after reading Manual four times by regular reading and listening CDs a few times I answered 10 questions on p.47. For p. 49 the score is 13 (I checked it now it was 12), most of the answer I just gusted relying on my awareness.

2. What is your purpose for reading the book? I said earlier: I want to catch what a person ought to do preparing for coming to England, all the steps in details.

3. You failed to mention entering the ALS... so how long did that take you?
The same as written on p.41-42 PRing, actually I use cassette N7 Track 03.
4. How many trigger words did you pull from the book during your preview?
I just was keeping the book and during preview wrote down 15-20 words.
5. What was your score for pre-test second trial? First was one correct answer, I didn’t even manage to catch the idea of the text. Second were 3 (certainly it had to be better, because I had been aware of the general idea).
6. What was your experience with the exercise on page 20 of the manual?
Firstly I wasn’t able to draw the star. On second time I did.
7. How does that exercise apply to NOPS?
“N” I got angry that my arms weren’t listening to me.
“O” I admitted frustration and solved it by reading next paragraph and practicing.
“P” I did a few times
“S” I’ve got me experience and stand upon it.
P.120 PRing, But I don’t completely understand how I can use in everyday life.

[This message has been edited by Victor_Elen (edited August 08, 2004).]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved