Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

thanks alot that was helpfull.
i use newage instrumentals to activate my self to get in the "zone"and similate test environment,and am good at food also complex carbs at specific times ,need to work on the extra 5 min each block
i am barly left with time for last 10 questions i am running 60 sec each
losing a lot at the end .i will leave bulky once for end i can go for 3 to 4 in each block with 5 mins extra time each block to handle them
i think even if i lose these 3-4 questions it doesnt really matter because i am focusing my time on 46 other
btw each question is 300 words with answer choices /need to answer in one min
i am timing myself like biofeed back just to make my self realize were my time goes and also to reduce wasters to minimum
thought control and balancing my emotions is important now for me
the middle path no high no low just there!some times it gets chaotic and say myself its all right you will be there dont worry
:-)
ash

Learning Strategies Admin

Much of my suggestion were to help you see balance. Remember that also includes the half hour that you spend on just enjoying the day.

For handling those 300 word questions... read the question first then go back over the passage. If you've PhotoRead it using Paul's method you've already covered it. The activation is then the question and superreading and dipping for the answer.

If you meditate or use the Memory Supercharger Paraliminal. Keep it up.

For the questions you need to do quick maths and work out at the beginning how much time you have available. Don't take the time they say you have work out a time for yourself.. 47 questions in 60 minutes = 1 minute per question and that should leave you 13 minutes to go back and fill in the missing ones. Reason you go back is simply incubation, while you're working on another problem the rest of the mind is still working on the answer to the earlier ones.

Remembering rules lie for true and false question... if the answer is only partly true then it's false, You cannot have as true an answer that is only partly true.

Alex

OP Offline

we call it the reverse sweep, first check the question and choices at glance and hunting for the answer in the stem .
consistency is hard to get ,i am working on questions i missed i did like 900 now every day 2 blocks the funny part is missed like 60% not because i dont know the answer but cos i didnt have time to read it completly to assciate the clues and come up with conclusion
i do meditate on breath it is called pranayama in yoga when i am agitated ,i looked at your links .
i read bhagavatgita to disengage myself /its funny even this time iam writing about 12 mins iam away i feel a little uneasyness the voice says ok ash its time come on

Ash,

Are you a PhotoReader? From what you have been saying I get the impression that you are not. Because 'reverse sweep' isn't reversed to a PhotoReader you've already taken in the information, the questions are the activation questions and superreading and dipping is for the answers. It's a major benefit of activating manually to completion at least one book a week. If you're not a PhotoReader don't worry about learning to become one now. For the benefit of future students facing similar exams I make that point.

For you, if nothing else, in your meditations start telling yourself you have plenty of time and your mind picks up the answers quickly. The danger here is you're focused on not having enough time. How differently would you approach the exam if you knew, really knew, that the allocated time was more than enough? Look for and go for that feeling because that is a reality.

Alex

OP Offline

wow
i never thought it that way. you are making my belief system to percieve time as not limited ,but enough is really exciting .well i need to focus on that it is doable and it is sufficient for me
i think i need to prime that thought and reflect and imbibe into my system
true i need to say myself i can do it in that time and my mind can pick it
i want to tell you the starwars thing are you saying 'use the force luke,trust yourself let it go /i think the idea of not having enough time is holding me back to release my full potential /if i am getting you correct to be honest i need to fix on lot of my perineal pattterns of belief which are in grained in me which make no sense especially the fear and anxiety and alos self esteem i need to work on them takes lot of slow nurturing to unwind
i am not photoreader technically but i read the book and liks the concept but iam sure i have not mastered or tried seriously on my school books

What we tell ourselves tends to come to pass. Technically there is enough time for the test so you're not looking at doing something humanly impossible. It is entirely possible if you can get your foot off the brakes.

Alex

OP Offline

true i think i was running on brakes all the negative thoughts saying dude i think at this pace it is not gonna happen keep haunting me .but i was calming them by just ignoring them and they have reduced there frequency now . you know the critical chatter who is always skeptical
i know it is not superhuman task and impossible
and i need to remind my self that it is totally possible for me as i am doing every thing that I can possibly do,I am doing the top priority items and making use of my time in the best way,
what else do you think i should do ,
i knoe you are miles away but thanks again for understanding me ;-)
ash

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved