Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3678 11/01/01 03:23 PM
OP Offline

I am very interested in the course.But need report from people who has gone thruogh the course.
Is it like all other courses? (mega memory,super memory power)
what results have you notices?

Thanks!

#3679 11/27/01 06:49 AM

To all you Memory Optimizer forum users in the house, I need some testimonals. What are your experiences? Likes/Dislikes? Any photoreaders taking the course? I know someone has had good experiences with the course, just would like to read them. Still contemplating on whether or not to purchase it.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by ThomasK (edited November 27, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by ThomasK (edited November 27, 2001).]

#3680 11/27/01 10:32 PM

Illusion, i know nothing about the courses you mentioned, so i can't compare them.

I have purchased the course & i'm keeping it. That said, i'm at a loss of how to put my thoughts out there in a reasonable manner. IMHO <<< ok? For me it's difficult to recommend it like i do the PhRing, Natural Brilliance, Euphoria, QiGong courses i also own. I truly feel like i received a bargain for my money in purchasing those courses. I feel the MO is overpriced. 4 tapes & the pamphlet for $135 would be better. $230--no, not unless you had $$ to spare.

Her Anchorman List concept is interesting but it'll be a while before i manage to build up the number of lists needed. Even then, it'll be about a yr. before i can really evaluate it properly in my life according to Vera's 11 mile web concept w/ the 15 inch flash light.

For me it is worthwhile because i am putting together a workshop in accelerated learning techniques. I have devised ways to use the Anchorman list that are not mentioned in her material, so that's fun & creative. BUT, i would have never been able to do this w/o her concept to begin w/.

I am looking forward to Genius Code. I have nothing of Win Wenger's so i'm looking forward to the Wenger/Scheele collaboration.

The other courses i have purchased, i have gotten more out of. I don't want to get into trouble w/ LS for discussing the Anchorman list. The course is really only that & it's so easy to learn & use--BUT <<< hey if it was that easy why didn't i think it up I just wish it was not so expensive. And, in my heart of hearts, i can't say it is worth $230 when it is not...imho<<<<<

#3681 11/27/01 10:35 PM

Well, this post should put to sleep anyone who thinks i'm a blind follower of the LS corporation!

#3682 11/28/01 12:43 PM
OP Offline

Thanks Margaret !

They promise the newest ideas in the memory optimizer course.Thats why I am interested in the course. But It somehow sounds like it`s very mutch like all the other memory courses.
I have the super memory power course ( 12 tapes,4 books)by Dominic O`brien.I like O`briens techniques very mutch.
I am still thinking of bying the memory optimizer course.There might be some new ideas!

#3683 11/28/01 07:12 PM

A number of years ago, I bought Mega Memory and found it to be little more than a rehash of what Harry Loranye wrote in his books. Although the Mega Memory was way overpriced, it did open up the possiblities of memory to me. Tony Buzan's book encouraged the use of the whole brain much better than the traditional memory courses. The MO takes an interesting turn down memory lane.

MO will tell you that your memory is not perfect, that the course is not intended to give you photographic-super-duper recall of everything. The course impresses upon the student to increase their knowledge web to aid in recall aside from the Anchorman list- much like the number list attached to pictures. Overall, I felt it to be a refreshing (and practical) look at memory optimization- as opposed to memory perfectionism.

Is this course overpriced? Value is subjective, so let me give you my .01 worth (we are in a recession). My guess is that the reason that MO is priced higher than other courses is because of the fee that LSC had to pay Ms. B. Not only is she a highly respected (and paid) consultant but probably wanted to be paid in Euros. Looking at it from that perspective, I got a bargin. I feel that this is one of those courses where after going through it 3-5 times and leave it alone, you will look back and say, 'Wow, I didn't think I could remember so much so easily!'. I have only used the course once (skimming the surface) and it has been of help. Was it worth it so far? On a scale of 1 to 10: 7.48 on first pass. This week I begin my second pass.

Hope this helps,

--BSR

#3684 12/01/01 01:55 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Margaret, we'll have to stop sending you those paychecks now.

Just joking.

The course is different from others, and it has many, many strengths. It is actually quite brilliant in how it works to improve one's memory. It is challenging to recognize when your memory has improved, which is one of the problems. The course is not as much about memorizing as it is about memory enhancement.
Remember, it is called Memory Optimizer, not Memory Magic.

I have not done the course as a typical user, because I've was working with Mrs. Birkenbihl and Paul to put it together. 30 days before we tape the radio infomercial I will go through the program so that I can talk about my experiences on radio.

In the mean time, I need to memorize a 10-minute recitation word-for-word for an event at the end of the month. I emailed Mrs. B, and she sent me the strategy. Remind me, and I'll tell you of my experiences.

Final comment (for now, anyway) if you are thinking about the course get it. You can always return it. You have 30 days, which can be extended to six months if you get back to us before the end of your 30-day period.

#3685 12/05/01 06:07 AM
TC Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
In the mean time, I need to memorize a 10-minute recitation word-for-word for an event at the end of the month. I emailed Mrs. B, and she sent me the strategy. Remind me, and I'll tell you of my experiences.

Pete,

Don't forget to tell us about your experiences.

TC

#3686 01/13/02 04:17 PM

Pete, you posted the following last month. How did the recitation go?

'I need to memorize a 10-minute recitation word-for-word for an event at the end of the month. I emailed Mrs. B, and she sent me the strategy. Remind me, and I'll tell you of my experiences.'

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved