Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42527 09/13/04 07:23 PM
Cremio Offline OP
OP Offline

...that is what I crave for.

I have photoread (2 days ago) a book called Business Cycles from John Law to the Internet Crash by Lars Tvede (350 pages).

NB: I have regular read the first 120 pages two weeks ago. Did not do any notes.

My purpose is to get a detailed overview of the ups and downs of the market from John Law to the Internet Crash, so that I can get a strong grounding in economics. The reason why I want to have a strong grounding in economics is that I want to be occupied with economics in the future.

Yesterday I did 3 passes (20-25 minutes, the first break 5 minutes, the second 15 minutes). The book is divided into 5 parts and 21 chapters and since I have already regular read the first 2 parts of the book the passes were concentrated on the last 3 parts.... Well, I did visit the first 2 parts, tried to follow my feelings at times and something told me that I had to go to one of the early pages.

When activating my purposes for the parts were: What is the chapter/part about? How does this apply to what I am learning? Why is it relevant?

More specifically when I read something I wanted to know more about e.g. who is this George Soros? What did he do? Then I got the answer, but I also had to keep from over-dipping too much.

Sometimes I would ask myself a question then I would dip and it would be like: well the answer was not there, I would dip once more and the answer would not be there either. Then a new question would come to my mind and I would continue my super reading.

It was all very confusing, many names and many theories, but fun and I did notice some subtle sensations.

Today I have done 3 more passes (20-25 minutes) and this time I tried to have more spread like super reading and dipping the first 2-3 parts and one were I was just following my intuition.

But it is still not gelling, it is only when I super read the first 2 parts of the book that I get this familiar feeling that I believe I am supposed to have. But that makes sense since I have regular read the first two parts two weeks ago.

I have also made some questions from my trigger words, but when activating I forget the questions when I do not find the answers to begin with. I guess I should write some of them down, but they seem so general like "how did Kondratieff think of Business Cycles" I kindda already know the answer... I was also contemplating a mind map, but it still feels too early since it is all a little messy.

I have a feeling that I am at my goal soon, so any tips?

[This message has been edited by Cremio (edited September 13, 2004).]

#42528 09/14/04 04:51 AM
Cremio Offline OP
OP Offline

Please someone ?

[This message has been edited by Cremio (edited September 14, 2004).]

#42529 09/15/04 05:44 AM
Cremio Offline OP
OP Offline

#42530 09/15/04 05:45 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

I read your post and I'm not clear on what you want.

You say you want to be occupied with economics in the future. What does that mean?

We are all occupied by economics it means we need to work for a living to pay for our household budget. Perhaps you have a connection for a purpose but but to me it isn't clear what you are up to so I cannot comment.

As for your mind probing questions again since your purpose is unclear the questions I cannot comment on whether your questions are appropriate. What are you learning? Business Cycles? and the point of that is?

quote:
Sometimes I would ask myself a question then I would dip and it would be like: well the answer was not there, I would dip once more and the answer would not be there either. Then a new question would come to my mind and I would continue my super reading.

So why did you dip there? have you considered rephasing the question?

quote:
Today I have done 3 more passes (20-25 minutes) and this time I tried to have more spread like super reading and dipping the first 2-3 parts and one were I was just following my intuition.

But it is still not gelling, it is only when I super read the first 2 parts of the book that I get this familiar feeling that I believe I am supposed to have. But that makes sense since I have regular read the first two parts two weeks ago.

I have also made some questions from my trigger words, but when activating I forget the questions when I do not find the answers to begin with. I guess I should write some of them down, but they seem so general like "how did Kondratieff think of Business Cycles" I kindda already know the answer... I was also contemplating a mind map, but it still feels too early since it is all a little messy.

I have a feeling that I am at my goal soon, so any tips?

On one hand you say you are noticing stuff and on the other you complain it isn't gelling???????

Ever heard the expession I't ain't over till the fat lady sings?

Well it isn't gelled until it gels once it gels there is nothing more
so you spent something like 120 minutes with the book. It's 350 pages on the subject of business cycles., Divided into 5 parts, making it pretty much a textbook and most textbooks like that take 12 to 24 hours to gel with traditional reading..

Check in again after some more activation passes.

Alex

#42531 09/15/04 05:58 AM
Cremio Offline OP
OP Offline

<<You say you want to be occupied with economics in the future. What does that mean?>>

I want to work as an analyst or something else in the area of economics.

<<As for your mind probing questions again since your purpose is unclear the questions I cannot comment on whether your questions are appropriate. What are you learning? Business Cycles? and the point of that is?>>

I want to have an edge, know enough to think out solutions in the area of business cycles. Were are we at the moment? What does the history of economics teach us? What is the causal connection? Etc.

<<On one hand you say you are noticing stuff and on the other you complain it isn't gelling???????>>

I notice subtle sensations, but is not this familiar feeling like I wrote about in my first post.

<<Ever heard the expession I't ain't over till the fat lady sings?>>

Yeah I see what you mean. Like saying: It ain’t over till it’s over.

<<...It's 350 pages on the subject of business cycles., Divided into 5 parts, making it pretty much a textbook and most textbooks like that take 12 to 24 hours to gel with traditional reading..>>

Well it is not that heavy, I would say 8-10 hours at most.

<<Check in again after some more activation passes.>>

I will do 3 more passes tonight including mind mapping.

[This message has been edited by Cremio (edited September 14, 2004).]

#42532 09/14/04 06:20 PM

Your purpose is not clear.

You want to activat this book so that you can????????

If you cannot say what you will do with the information you have no purpose and you will find activation confusing because you'll keep changing what you think you should know and would have a foundation to pull it all together until many more activation passes. Given that your career goal is vague you'll need to give more consideration to your purpose in activating books like that. How do you see yourself using that information? What do you need to know to be successful in that situation.

quote:
I notice subtle sensations, but is not this familiar feeling like I wrote about in my first post.

When you eat a carrot does it feel like eating ice cream? No of course not it's a differnent experience. What about eating a cooked carrot and a raw carrot? is that the same?

Different book different author ! you limit yourself if you go looking for the same experience with each book. The right cues that you are on the right track are subtle ones. However this activation is going to take longer because your purpose doesn't exist.

Alex

#42533 09/14/04 06:43 PM
Cremio Offline OP
OP Offline

<<You want to activat this book so that you can????????>>

I have a curiousity, I like reading about economics. At the same time I want to put this knowledge to use, I want to be as provident as the author who made millions at the stock market. How do I see me using this information? Well studying charts, analyses and simply writing about economical issues. What is in their for me? Well the big bucks, if you have the skill you get paid, and recognition. What would be your suggestion?

By the way, should I photoread again if my purpose changes?

<<When you eat a carrot does it feel like eating ice cream? No of course not it's a differnent experience. What about eating a cooked carrot and a raw carrot? is that the same?

Different book different author ! you limit yourself if you go looking for the same experience with each book. The right cues that you are on the right track are subtle ones. However this activation is going to take longer because your purpose doesn't exist.>>

The familiar feeling is actually with the same book, as I wrote in my first post I regular read the first two parts two weeks ago.

#42534 09/14/04 06:54 PM

Define a purpose for the book.

If you are forcing the book on me then I guess I could establish the purpose of PhotoReading the book so that I can explain Business cycles to someone who knows nothing about this.

You comparing what you finished traditionally reading with gelling using activation????
I hope you're wearing the same underpants and socks too. It's not the same even thr carrot is going to be a different experience two weeks later. Do NOT compare. Notice what you are experiencing now.

You cannot experience what you experienced 2 weeks ago if you are too busy watching the experience and not doint.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited September 14, 2004).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved