Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42556 09/16/04 03:15 AM
OP Offline

Hey can anyone tell me what's the best way for using direct learning?

Also, can you direct learn multiple books at once that are of different subjects?

Please give any feedback or experience you've had with direct learning.

#42557 09/16/04 02:29 PM
Learning Strategies Admin

The method is fully explained in the Natural Brilliance book, there is even a script for the self talk to follow a Direct learning session. You are also guided through the process in the Genius Code course.

As for learning different subjects give them each their own time. Doing an all at once thing tells your mind 2 things, That you don't know what your priorities are and that it isn't really that important.

When you do a direct learning focus on one subject and affirm your intention to adopt the behaviour or necessary actions that will be applicable to what you desire to learn.

For example if you want to be a better manager focus on management books and then see yourself behaving as a better manager. This might include better communication skill, better orgainsation and delgation skill, better motivation skills. Since all these things would usually be covered in the subject of management you can expect to perform better in those area. Keep a journal because the changes will seem so habitual like you've always been doing it that you may not even notice until someone else comments on the change.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited September 16, 2004).]

#42558 09/21/04 06:28 AM

Hi Alex ,

I just finished reading the Photoreading book.Havent actively used it yet. I have this question on Direct learning.

I select a topic say self esteem. Photoread a bunch of books on it. Do you mean to say my self esteem will go up automatically?? Maybe because the positive self esteem building material ( statements , ideas etc ) I photoread from these books have gone straight into my subconscious mind. And since my subconscious mind really is the source of my self esteem , by virtue of the positive self-esteem building thoughts , my self-esteem goes up??

Is this how it works ??

Thanks in advance,
Read it Soak it

#42559 09/21/04 06:38 AM

Your self esteem would probably improve because you are non consciously implementing ideas that improve your regard for yourself. It's both things that may be affirmed as well as action that you take that improves your self esteem. Something as simple as doing something daily makes you feel better about yourself. The books might explain the importance of that consciously we tend to agree but usually we don't follow it through with action. The non conscious mind understands this idea and suddenly you're doing something as simple as making your bed in the morning and feeling better about yourself. When it comes to activation there may be nothing that will consciously connect your sudden habit of making the bed with the information in any of the books however in one of the things you might come across the one sentence that 'doing something on a daily basis that improves your environment can be empowering to your self esteem.'

The beauty of the process it seems that one little idea like that the non conscious mind can connect with better than the conscious mind.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved