Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
aptyk0 Offline OP
OP Offline

Everything I try to PR, words are blurred
But if I adjust the distance, the words are mcuh clear and the blip page still appears.

Does it matter if the words are blurred?

Learning Strategies Admin

Blurred is fine

Alex

Alex,

How do we know that blurred is fine?

If the image is blurred then suerly it is more difficult for the brain to absorb the information. By definition if you blurr somthing then you are adding interference to the information.

The Hubble telescope had a fault on its mirrors causing interstellar images to be blurred. NASA had to correct this fault on the actual orbiting telescope as you cannot remove blurred interference from the image using filtering. This will be the same for the brain. While I agree that the brain could be clever enough to infer information from blurred text I think you are making it more difficult for yourself.

When I PR I see the page as crystal clear similar to that when viewing 3D stereoscopic images in the Magic Eye 3D book that was recently recommended by Pete Bissonette for practicing PR http://www.LearningStrategies.com/RecommendedReading.asp

I also perceive that time is moving slower when in the PR state, enabling me to absorb a lot of info. in a short time.

When I started PR my text was blurred but as I started practicing with stereoscopic images the blurring slowly went away and my PR has dramatically improved.

For what its worth I think that PR with blurred text is better than no PR at all but PR with clear text is better than PR with blurred text.

Mark.

You're creating limitations to your success if you say the text has to be clear. That is a conscious mind requirement. Clear is when the conscious mind is involved you still notice things outside you pinpoint focus in things like walking, driving people walking past you while watching TV, where your drinks and popcorn are while watching TV answering the phone while writing a report. Your peripheral vision is out of conscious focus but to the non conscious mind it's still in focus how else do you think your non conscious mind can bring to your awareness and into focus the TV while you are reading the news paper?

The non conscious mind sees it just fine with peripheral vision as those 3D stereograms demonstrate. The image is there it takes a the nonconscious mind changing the focus to make it possible for the conscious mind to perceive it. Until you bring the conscious mind into play the image remains blurred. The image is still there and the mind knows it.

Unlike the Hubble the lenses are not fixed and it is the mind that sees not the eyes.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited October 06, 2004).]

I understand your point about creating conscious limitation by saying "the text MUST be in focus or else! ", but the fact remains that if something is out of focus as seen through your eyes then the information going into your brain through your eyes is corrupted and this situation would be identical to asking you to read a book while wearing spectacles that are not suited to your eyes and cause the text to be blurred.

I guess the crux of the argument is how blurred is blurred? On one hand you shouldn't get hung up about it but on the other hand I don't accept that your brain can correctly absorb totally blurred information. I think this would be the same as asking someone to photoread with their eyes shut - which of course may also be possible given the evidence of remote viewers

Seriously, I think I might try and photoread a book without looking at it - just visualize myself photoreading it and see if I can get any info. from it!

Mark.

aptyk0 Offline OP
OP Offline

hmm... this is another question. If you follow all the steps of the system without PR, what is the difference?

Mark,

Research at Berkley University shows that everything that we see is constructed by the mind. The question of whether it is in focus or not is determined by how the mind constructs the data that is received by the eye.

So if it's in focus it's only the mind telling you that it is in focus according to the attention given to it by the conscious mind.

Since we want the conscious mind out of the way during the PhotoReading stage the minds construction telling you it's blurred is just fine.

aptyk0
If you apply all the other steps without the PhotoReading steps you will in effect take on better reading habit.

Having a purpose for reading, getting active and asking mind probing questions are some of the techniques efficient readers apply naturally others still need to learn them because they are not effectively taught in all schools. These skills improve your grades if you apply them however since PhotoReading is putting the information to the non conscious part of the mind for processing before making it conscious you can greatly improve your learning speed since 90% of all learning happens non consciously. You can consciously re-read a passage over and over again and not get it. However walk away take a break the non conscious mind continues to work on it and often when you come back to it it makes sense but you wonder why on earth you didn't see (understand) that before. That is an example of non conscious learning taking place. You have no idea how or why the mind finally figured it out yet it finally makes sense where it didn't before.

Alex

aptyk0 Offline OP
OP Offline

You didnt see the texts before but PR, it makes sense when you read it? Can you give an example?

aptyk0

I don't get what you are asking.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved