Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
tk421 Offline OP
OP Offline

Has anyone heard anything about or used www.speedreadingworld.com rai dudley's program. Also another product similar, and a bit cheaper: http://www.fieldcraft.biz/shop/stretch/Gate.shtml

Im interested in raw speed reading and i have the photoreading book, again like my title post says, im not trying to find an alternative, or something better etc. photoreading is great but i want to have speed reading skills as well.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Best bet is just activte. Don't skimp on it but set a timer and expectaion. 30 minutes superread the book from front to back 300 pages will push your ability.

Quick math 30 minutes for 300 pages is 10 pages a minute the average page has 320 words

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited October 18, 2004).]

Gil Offline

But thats not really reading. You comprehend only when you dip.
However, I still think PR is faster in the long run.

I haven't checked out either of these course. I have taken speed reading course, in person. All the information on speed reading techniques that I learned in those course is available free on the internet if you look for it. Several university have good pages on speed reading.

Both speed reading and PhotoReading require you to use them and use them to develop the skill and to maintain it.

I personally don't believe that PhotoReading is the last stop in what we are capable of performing. I haven't reach my own goals with reading performance, but PR is the next step from traditional reading.

I also say the more tools in the toolbox the better. So learn some speed reading too. The one draw back is whether you choose to master one tool or learn the basics with many. However, that's a choice for each of us to make. It's also one you can later change your mind about and use a different strategy when you feel it is right for you.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved