Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42889 11/02/04 08:12 AM
OP Offline

How often does Spontaneous Activation occur among you guys? Did it take weeks to happen, days?

#42890 11/04/04 01:09 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Don't count on it and then it's more likely to occur. That is what spontaneous activation is about.

When you get to a point and can tell that you need nothing out of a book or need to activate a book I personally consider that spontaneous activation. We then move to bringing the information to the level of consciousness that we need it at. Guess what? That happens with just about every book.

Finding yourself talking about something and not realising that you learned it from a book that you PhotoRead isn't going to be that uncommon. The problem is without manual activation how do you know that you learned the information? It's a bit of a paradox so there are probably people experiencing spontaneous activation without realising what has occured so one will never be able to give you accurate figures of when, or how long it took for the first spontaneous activation to occur.

Alex

#42891 11/04/04 02:57 PM

Test

#42892 11/04/04 03:10 PM

Hello - it's been a couple of years since I've posted to this group. On spontaneous activation - I've had it occur a number of times over the years that I've played with PhotoReading and Image Streaming and the most memorable occurance was when I was studying graduate level physics in college.

I was taking a graduate level course in mathematical methods and classical mechanics and I used the PhotoReading system to aid me in my studies - successfully cutting my study time and problem solving time down from 5 hours in an evening to about an hour and a half. Like many physics and math courses, we would skip chapters in the textbook and only cover material that the instructor felt was relevant. However, since I was PhotoReading the book anyways, that material was "flipped through", though not activated.

When it came time to take the final exam I sat down, opened the exam booklet and scanned the questions. It quickly became obvious that the bulk of the material on the exam was not what was covered in the class, but was the material covered in the chapters we didn't work on. I felt a rush of stress, closed the book and my eyes and just completely let go, figuring I would fail the exam and it simply didn't matter what I tried. Suddenly, I found myself in a state similar to what I feel like when I PhotoRead - relaxed and almost like I was in a mild "trance". I opened the booklet and could not write fast enough. I finished the exam in about 45 minutes (if I recall the time correctly). I was the first person out the exam - the next getting out an hour or so after me. I got a 93 (A-) on the final.

The experience was like having a "brain dump" of the material, with my mind working faster than hands could write almost. That experience convinced me that PhotoReading works.

As far as how the spontaneous activation occured - I think there were a couple of factors that figured predominantly. I had a need (the exam), I relaxed (by giving up and figuring I'd flunk the exam), and I allowed the material to bubble up (by writing as quickly as the material arose to my awareness).

Hope that this is useful.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved