Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jens Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi.

Just received Anxiety Free and already showing signs of progress.

I was wondering: If I simply fear an action, a behaviour, an outcome, this can be overcome by Anxiety Free.

On the other hand this problems can be viewed as paradoxical (according to Natural Brillance): Part of me wants to go into this situation, wants to take that action, and part of me doesn't.

Can anyone give me clear definition on the difference between ordinary and paradoxical problems? Especially when related to fear or anxiety?

Somehow, I expect an answer like "there are many roads to Chikago", and this could even be true. But as far as I understood paradoxical problems are special class of problems, and Natural Brillance was especially designed for them, the classical Paraliminals weren't. So, just to satisfy my curiosity, I would be interested in an explanation.

Thanks,

Jens

Administrator
Administrator

Jens,

Paradoxical problems are a unique class of problems. They exist as the unintended by product of your current problem-solving strategy. So, any attempt to remedy your current problem only fuels more of the same.

Anxiety is a unique class of paradoxical problems. It is an emotion of the future. You imagine a future time in which you do not have the resources to adequately cope with the situation, then step inside to feel what that feels like. The result, a response to "get the heck out of there," the feeling of which we label as anxiety. This response is adaptive, but the mental rehearsal of future failure is under your control. Anxiety Free breaks the dysfunctional mental rehearsal strategy and thereby blows out the possibility of feeling anxious.

The New Option Generator (NOG) is a Paraliminal tape that also works with paradoxical problems, including but not limited to anxiety responses. The Natural Brilliance course has a more detailed, sophisticated, and updated version of this protocol. In that course you are lead through four sessions to cover what is handled in the two sides of the NOG Paraliminal.

Jens Offline OP
OP Offline

Paul,

thanks for your answer, I wasn't considering that fear/anxiety could be a subset of paradoxical problems (even if my own observations hinted at that).
I have Natural Brillance as well as the New Option Generator, and I think your answer gives me a new perspective on the whole thing.
To get Anxiety Free was a good thing, it made me conscious of how I'm sometimes controlled by fears and anxiety. And getting conscious of it was the first step to coping with these unproductive programs. Currently I'm working on my fear of success and my fear of change.
What I've already accomplished is to get back to ImageStreamiing, getting some things done (letters, talks, work) I've been letting down for some weeks or even months now. For this I combinded Anxiety Free with Get Around To IT - a really powerful combination!

Thanks again for your answer and keep on with your good work,

Jens

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved