Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#43224 11/30/04 07:17 PM
OP Offline

I don't know if anyone asked this before. Damn, with all intellecuals who have read billions of books and have some nose for business, somebody must have:

Why aren't Learning Strategies C not developing an interactive software?

I have my guesses. But in this busy world, it would be much fun to follow instructions from an interactive PC software, with flashing funny movies, and little games and exercises. I guess it would boost "is that the right word" the business. Instead of taking a five minuits to pause of the tape and to preview all alone, with all pencils and papers. The software pauses with a classical music, NO 70's sountrack, just Mozart. Keeping journals of your progress so that you can say proudly to yourself: Stheelders, today is day 365 with this software and now you have currently read 23000 wpm day 253. And then a flashy animations tell you "RECORD, CONGRATULATIONS". __>Do you wan't to join the tourny next week were you can win prizes, click here?. Thank you for registring .

Come on guys, new ideas. WE ARE ACTUALLY IN YEAR 2005. wake up, or you'll perish.

Is that much to ask?

#43225 12/01/04 04:30 AM

As far as companies go, LSC have been rather progressive. Most companies are so conservative, it's a joke.

LSC has been moving in the direction of interactive software. They've played around with web based courses, teleseminars, and things of that ilk.

I am surprised that they haven't offered courses available through download online in MP3 format with the workbooks in .pdf format.

In the near future, they may.

However, there are serious limitations and problems with developing interactive software for the purposes of teaching the courses.

I believe a major reason they don't create interactive software is that the demand for it isn't that great, and as a teaching medium it provides limitations. You have to have a computer with you, for one thing.

Also, you learn by doing it, I don't think you need to sit at a computer for 200+ days to hone your skills. You just need books to photoread and a desire to do it.

I have been studying Game Design and Development in C++ for over two years now, and I am really uncertain as to how useful presenting photoreading in this format may be.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited November 30, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited November 30, 2004).]

#43226 12/01/04 05:21 AM

thats right babayada getting on the computer and NOT reading will not help you greatly
there will be some benefit but it may not last or be that great

i think it would be great if LSC had some interactive software but are they programmers? i do not know that much about them
Alex is the only one ive got the pleasure of knowing slightly here
great guy by the way
keep on rockin dude

i am a beginning programmer myself
i'd do this kind of software when im good enough
i think its great for people to learn these things
sometimes we need a little push to get running like slapping a horses behind (watch out BTW!!!)

i do not think LSC is in any bad position they have revolutionary products which the others are mostly just shades
i think we need to discuss
people get to in the doubting mood
it can be good but when you see people who do this stuff you know its not a scam but you just havent practiced yet
maybe they are doing it for a good reason
if they do not program this kind of stuff they would not feel like paying for programmers till there is more of a demand
also some feeback into knowing what we want
so they could modify the system to be scientific and work aswell as be fun

time will tell

#43227 12/01/04 06:02 AM

Hi Prana; just some info for you. Alex is not a guy. She is a woman.
Photoread4me

#43228 12/01/04 09:23 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

Some thoughts:

As much as one company would like to be the be all end all answer to every learning need. It isn't logical. That would stop us from looking for what else works.

Learning Strategies Corp works with others to produce courses that help us take great strides in our personal, professional and spirual lives. Ever notice that many of our recent programs have included works with the co-operation of others?.

When it comes to producing results we need to focus on producing a quality. Stretch ourselves into to many things we become a jack-of-all-trades and master-of-none. This applies to companies as well as as individuals

As for PhotoReading software consider this. Using the skill free style is much more powerful than hooking yourself up to a computer or mucking around downloading and plonking ebooks into the program before you can PhotoRead it. You've used the 4 minutes it takes to flip pages of a book just getting software ready. If it is on a website, page down or spacebar and you're done in 30 seconds.

For activation you need to ask questions that relate to your purpose. No software is going to be better than what you have between your ears for that. Only you are going to know when you've got what you need and want.

The biggest mistake I see is that people are still looking for a wpm score for a book. PhotoReading is about getting your reading done in the time you have available. Whether a program can help you to improve your information gathering speed the fact remains anything above 600 words per minute is not reading so if you want to have better comprehension you need to have seen it before if you want to know where you need to actually slow down to comprehend what you are seeing.

Now for getting your reading done in the time you have available, I personally consider it a waste of my time, calling up software, having to wait until I get to a computer to get the information I need, prolonged "getting into" the Accelerated Learning State and waiting until my "reading speed" improves. I mean, why would I want to spend 10, 15, or 20 minutes to get into the Accelerated Learning State when I can just PhotoRead a book in three? For an article/report... please! 10 minutes entering ALS? One can read it traditionally in that time... what would be the point? It is not effective use of your time. I like to finish the article in 3 minutes. Even in my PhotoReading class the very first time my participants experience entering the Accelerated learning state it takes about 6 minutes. At the end it's just Ideal state, Purpose, Tangerine, Smile and on to PhotoRead. 30 seconds that's it.

You know how you get a child to give up their security blanket? Don't give them 'one' in the first place give them a variety of options and ways so that when they do feel insecure their world doesn't come apart when they cannot find their security blanket.

So what are the security blankets offered in PhotoReading, Prepare,Ideal stat, purpose, affirm, PhotoRead, affirm, Incubate, activate (variety of techniques for that) Rapid Read (optional) By the way. The difference between manual activation and spontaneous activation.
Manual activation is any technique you use to bring to conscious awareness the information that you had PhotoRead. Spontaneous activation is just that spontaneous... not effort nothing really done. It occures when someone asks you a question and you happen to be able to tell them the answer. Things like Image streaming, freenoting, superreading and dipping skittering as well as forming mind probing questions, are manual activation techniques.

When it comes down to activation with superreading and dipping it's not how fast you can read, it's learning to develop questions and your mind body connection so that you are noticing the answers.

It is possible to PhotoRead and be finished with a book in 20 minutes. I'm not going to add 10 mintues or even 4 minutes trying to convert it into a software program for PhotoReading. I still favour books for activation because the computer is too linear in presenting the pages. A book is faster to activate. Pdfs are marginally better. But reading on a computer screen is on average 20% slower than on paper. The practice of reading on a computer screen has slowed down the ability to read on paper. That's why the average reading speed is now 190 wpm when it was 240wpm a few years ago.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited December 01, 2004).]

#43229 12/01/04 12:04 PM
OP Offline

Wow, thanx for the response. I asked the wrong question. This is what I really wanted to say.

You see, I live in a far away country and then one day I hear about this great book called photoreading WMS by paul schelee. I click on amazon and request it.

When it finally arrived, I read it in 24 hours becouse of the simple layout of the book. But then I had this problem that I didn't understood what the photofocus and activation is. I needed help fast.

Well... no panic! In the last page it said buy this tape and that tape and go to this seminar.. etc etc..

Wattha ???! I just bought this book and I live this far away AND I CAN't AFFORD THE SHIPPING TAX AGAIN.

But luckily I found this fine forum where you could get all the help you needed. It's not a seminar, nor tapes... But it's fine with me.

Now do you see my problem, it would be a lot easier if I did this:

1. Download the software.
2. Go to the homepage and register.
3. Take my credit card and and by the licence
4. You are good to go.

An interactive software would really make life easier, for a guy like me who can't afford all the stuff right now. I know there is many people like me.

Don't take me too serious, I just wanted to find out what you have to say about it.

[This message has been edited by stheelders (edited December 01, 2004).]

#43230 12/01/04 12:31 PM

It's an 8 hour audio course that requires you to do some exercises in between. Getting e-courses to function nicely in the variety of browsers and operating systems isn't as easy as it looks.

All the information you need to learn PhotoReading is in the book along with the forum to ask questions it is a heck of a lot easier than downloading part of a course and never completing it because of the amount of time one needs to spend at the computer.

I don't know about anyone else but getting real answers from real people beats the software. And group learning is definately more productive. So why not buy the course with a group of friends and get a study group together. Also the library can often order the course in if someone asks for it.

Alex

#43231 12/01/04 01:54 PM

there is no doubt that photoreading makes sense
but speedreading is essential at the beginning i think
the eyes are not at a great width of perception without something to help it
expecting photoreading to work straight away is a bit silly i think
i think accelerated learning states are a silly thought
perhaps usefull to start with but if you are really into having a balanced state to use it at any time it must not be some temporary condition
i find with my meditation (not the relaxing only type im talking real buddhist stuff lol not that it is only a buddhist method) i get into an aware state which concentrates me very well
gets me unstressed
i thinka minute or two closed eyes and deep breathing and just watching what is going on with the body mind feelings etc. can really help people get into the state
keeping it going is the tricky part
i think the real goal is to not need any activating stuff or even a need to reread once
only for say technical things or second languages and such
we cannot say either that any of these systems are complete
still poems photoread can not be like the real thing

and i didnt know Alex was a chick but i guess here in australia we do not make guy only mean for a man
bloke is a man and chick is a girl but guy can mean a group of girls men or both
learn something everyday do you not?
lol

#43232 12/01/04 02:51 PM

PhotoReading is NOT speed reading and it is not about pushing your eyeballs across the page.

It' is about using your whole mind for reading and you are not required to learn speed reading.

Prana you might be wise to read some of my older post you will learn PhotoReading can be learned in one weekend. After that it is just applying it to your reading to make it habit.

quote:
and i didnt know Alex was a chick but i guess here in australia we do not make guy only mean for a man
bloke is a man and chick is a girl but guy can mean a group of girls men or both

yeah right

Alex

#43233 12/01/04 03:53 PM

i totally agree except the fact that with eye training as photoreading recomends someone said can enhance your peripheral vision
moving on to groups of word reading the center of lines and then trying paragraphs
next step is a page right?
which can only help in photoreading

It's just that i think photreading goes 1 more step
im sure you agree with me there
once the vocal stream is broken it opens a new dimension to things aswell
all things are good as stepping stones thats all im saying

but if there is something this can do do somehow damage the advancement of photreading well please tell me im not all learned up on alpha theta and stuff
i know you know your stuff
i will read some of your older post sometime when i am doing the photreading course perhaps
as you can see i can manage to get to a decent reading habit with this
and even if i didnt learn photoreading i would have changed my life you agree?
id love to go that further step can't you tell lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved