Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi Alex and everyone,

I have a few questions on Million Dollar Vocab. Couldnt locate a seperate forum for it ;hence am posting here. [I now already have the PR book and Memory Optimizer pack and am now considering Million $ Vocab ]

I went through the Million $ Vocab section of your web site . But I couldnt get a clear picture of how this course works. Please help me with the following questions.

1. Does this course teach a new way of learning words ? I mean does this course teach a new effective way to learn new words they way LSC teaches PR as a new and better way to reading ?

2. Is it that LSC selected a bunch of important words and put in this program ? If yes , how many words are covered in this program.

3. Once I am done with the course , is there a way I can add more words into the system ? I mean can I used the techniques in this program to learn words which are not covered in this program ?

I hope you get my question.

In essence , I want to know if this course is a new improved vocabulary building technique which once mastered can be used to learn any new set of words

OR

IS this course essentially a bunch of selected words taught using strategies which makes remembering these particular words easier.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Read_it_soak_it

Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by read_it_soak_it:
Hi Alex and everyone,

I have a few questions on Million Dollar Vocab. Couldnt locate a seperate forum for it ;hence am posting here. [I now already have the PR book and Memory Optimizer pack and am now considering Million $ Vocab ]

I went through the Million $ Vocab section of your web site . But I couldnt get a clear picture of how this course works. Please help me with the following questions.

1. Does this course teach a new way of learning words ? I mean does this course teach a new effective way to learn new words they way LSC teaches PR as a new and better way to reading ?.

Using this course you will learn how to keep building your vocabulary. It sets the pace by getting you started.

quote:
2. Is it that LSC selected a bunch of important words and put in this program ? If yes , how many words are covered in this program.

The words were collected by someone much more qualified. Dr J Michael Bennett, he researched and teaches human communication with focus on listening, reading, speaking and writing. He adds play to learning new words. This is the starter list. He encourages you to continue to build your vocabulary on a daily basis.

quote:
3. Once I am done with the course , is there a way I can add more words into the system ? I mean can I used the techniques in this program to learn words which are not covered in this program ?

Fact remains at the end of the course you will have initially added about 80 new significant words to your vocabulary. You can build on this by revisiting the course after a time as well as applying the techniques mentioned to continue building your vocabulary. You will be able to learn new words easily and can apply the playful approach to learning that is covered by the 10 lessons and there is two Paraliminal sessions to help you with the learning.

quote:
I hope you get my question.

In essence , I want to know if this course is a new improved vocabulary building technique which once mastered can be used to learn any new set of words

OR

IS this course essentially a bunch of selected words taught using strategies which makes remembering these particular words easier.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Read_it_soak_it

You start with the course to build a solid base with new words and will know how you can continue once you have done the course.

Alex

OP Offline

Ok cool !

Alex , can you please give me some more details as to how the course works .

I mean the technique used to learn new words ?

If you can take one example of a word covered in the course and tell me how the course goes about teaching it ?

Thanks in advance,
Read_it_soak_it

OP Offline

?????

The whole course is aimed at whole brained learning so you immerse yourself with the words.

The words are taught in context. As well as learning words to build your vocabulary you learn other interesting topics like Life Long Learning.

The course is immersion you guided to hear, see in your minds eye, write and play with the words.

The Play book has the entire lessons repeated in written format. The words from each lesson are along side of each lesson. You get to play with them by doing crossword puzzles.

You learn about 600 words with the foundation set to help you to learn an additional 500.

There some interesting and amusing ways to learn the words.

You are re-exposed to the words in the Paraliminals. You can start with the Paraliminals if you are already familiar with them.

I'm sorry it's a heck of a lot of writing to try and show with one word how you learning.

Hey remember you can try the course with the 30-day money back guarantee. You just let yourself let the information enter and surround you. It's definately more interesting than just listening to word list and being told their meaning. And it helps if you are a PhotoReader to PhotoRead the dictionary a few times while you are learning.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved