Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#43395 12/31/04 04:26 PM
limo Offline OP
OP Offline

hey all! im new to this forum and have been at photo reading for a good few weeks now! the only part i struggle with is the photofocus state!!!! but hey! i was gunna say! ive photoread several books.. n amongst my skeptical side i had this weird experience today.. i have 2 coursework assignments that are ment to be handed in shortly, i left that thought and turned to my revision guide which ive been photoreading for my mocks that are coming up shortly, i had this weird thought to turn to page 82, so i did, hoping for some crazy thing, i stared at the page and thought 'eh', then i realized it was the study of histograms!!!! ONE OF MY ASSIGNMENTS!!! THEN!!! i thought 'wow that was crazy' and suddenly 60 ish came into mind, i finally settled on 62, and to my AMAZEMENT!!! i opened it up to find THE PAGE ON MAXIMUM VOLUME!!! MY OTHER ASSIGMENT!!!

WEIRD?!?!??!?

If anyone uses messanger, my email is limosjoint@hotmail.com i am more than willing to chat to people about photoreadin!!! because it is so weird!!
all the best

limo

#43396 01/01/05 12:45 AM

I wouldn't say it's weird. Think about it. You exposed the pages from the book to the other than conscious mind and the other than conscious mind knew that was the information you needed for the assignments.
Photoread4me

#43397 01/01/05 09:48 AM

Despite having attempted a number of times (I've had the course 3 yrs), I haven't managed to prove to myself the validity of the "unconsious" learning etc involved in the photoreading state.
I wrote an article for my pupils 2 yrs ago called structured reading-it was a 4 page document for 3 private pupils covering stuff I knew would help. Mainly layered studying of books, mind mapping, looking for keywords and review periods.
It misses out "alpha" states and stuff like that because I simply cannot prove it. So far I've photoread about 35 books, some several times. I know I have the photofocus working fine-especially when I sussed out magic eye pics and peripheral vision.
The reason I'm writing here? Well I'm really keen to talk to new photoreaders about their experiences and how well the photoreading part itself works for them, hence my interest in limo's post.
I've read some pessimistic skeptic stuff on photoreading recently-from memletics and a link off their site selling supermemo. However they too are selling things so the information is suspect. :-).
Anyway, anyone who's had it work in their own lives, and they are fairly new(ish) to it. I'd be interested to hear what effects you've had.
Regards
Richard

#43398 01/02/05 02:20 AM

quote:
I've had the course 3 yrs

quote:
So far I've photoread about 35 books, some several times.

So, let's say "some" means about 10 of them.And "a few times" means about 3.
(that's just a guess)
So that's about 55 books in total.

Still, I photoread 25 books just today!!!
In two days I'll have PR nearly as many books as you've PR in 3 years!

My point is, I think you need to PR a lot more, in order to get your mind used to it.
You have to have full confidence in the photoreading step, by affirming to yourself that you will.

I get a lot of benefit out photoreading, because I do it, and I do it a lot!

I find it slightly funny when we are asked to give a conscious narrow description of photoreading.
I think people miss the point, and it's an absolutely essential point.
This course is called the:
PR "WHOLE! MIND" System.

Photoreading changes your whole being.It's about changing who you are.
That is what it's all about, and I feel that a lot of people miss this fundamental principle.
(this isn't directly pointed at you karnatrauhl, just my general thoughts, and I hope you find them insightful/useful).

When you PR something, it's within you.However, you'll never know it, until you want or need it.

It's all about the attitude you take with photoreading.The PR course itself isn't difficult.I could probably teach my little sister to be a competent PR in a day!

I've been PR for nearly two years, and PR daily.You know what it all comes down to, so that you actually receive benefit from PR'ing, and actually change:

DO YOU WANT IT???
WHY DO YOU WANT IT???
WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE???

I personally find that I gain the most benefit, when I don't consciously need to ask those questions, because they've already been answered.
What I mean is, I follow my feelings, and my head just does it's thing.

#43399 01/02/05 08:44 PM
limo Offline OP
OP Offline

what a good replie mate!! nice one!! do you activate all you read?! i think i wanna be just like you! hehe!! TIME TO VISIT THE LIBRARY!!!

#43400 01/05/05 06:54 AM

I feel just like you, Richard. I've had the course for about 4 or 5 years and I've never been able to activate. I might try again. My personality and approach has changed a lot since I worked with it last. But I've had what seems to be like zero results.

#43401 01/05/05 12:52 AM

quote:
what a good replie mate!! nice one!! do you activate all you read?!

You mean, all I photoread

I don't activate everything.I think it's still beneficial to photoread things, that you don't intend to activate straight away, if ever.

However, with the books that I want to get more consciously from, I activate those.
I activate to fulfill my purpose.
If I just want a general overview, then I'll just superread and dip once, or twice maybe.
For the books that I need to know a lot about, I'll superread, dip, and rapid read, where I see fit.
It's all about layering.The more I want from a book, the more layers/passes through the material I will make.

quote:
I've never been able to activate.

Oh, that's strange
quote:
I might try again.

Look, either do or don't.

I say DO!

#43402 01/07/05 05:26 PM

I'm saying 'might' because I'm very busy, and the time I spend with it varies.

#43403 01/07/05 08:58 PM
x Offline

activation is the key to photoreading. without activation you won't see the results you want.

too many people feel they can skip this part and still know the book. anyone who does lots of PR will tell you that isn't so. you MUST activate.

at the very least you have to do a preview or a postview. that is bare minimum.

#43404 01/08/05 08:17 PM

I've tried it before, several times. I do skittering, which is supposedly better than superreading and dipping, and I'll do that for several sections or chapters, and I'll even go down to regular reading, and nothing happens. I don't understand it. In the course, he says some people feel like the text literally "jumps" out at them, and they're like wow. I would follow my feelings and impressions, except I don't have any feelings or impressions. This makes me think I'm too analytical for PRing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved