Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43454 01/02/05 09:03 PM
limo Offline OP
OP Offline

ive been going through so many posts and they say PHOTOREAD EVERYTHIN!!! i dnt see how tht is possible to have the time to?!

i mean say u have 10 mins?!

is it really possible to follow through all the steps?!

not dis-ing PR or anythin! just been at it a few weeks!!! but THINK it rocks! and have done like 15 books!! so i think im gettin there!!!!

#43455 01/03/05 03:59 PM
Learning Strategies Admin

It takes about 3 minutes to PhotoRead the average book. Plenty of time.

Before you ask I did 40 books in an hour more while I was in a book shop.

Alex

#43456 01/04/05 06:22 AM
limo Offline OP
OP Offline

WHAT!!! REALLY!!! what steps did u follow?!!?

did u do each book singularly or did u synotic read?!

#43457 01/03/05 10:27 PM

I PhotoRead 40 books. That's it

Alex

#43458 01/04/05 07:11 PM

What benefit did you get out of that photoreading in the bookshop Alex?

The reason I ask the above is that I do like to browse through Waterstones bookstore every so often and I cannot afford all the books I would buy. I did photoread 2 books 3 yrs ago when I first learnt the system but I did not perceive any benefit. Now I assume the reason is that I needed to activate. If that's the case, how did you benefit from the hour in the shop? :-)
What experiences afterwards did you have that confirmed it was a useful hour?

P.S
There seems to be a hell of a lot on the net that say photoreading cannot work by the way.
Some of it apparently is to do with how fast we can really process the written word and some of it is to do with the speed with which we can store such information in the brain. (I hesitate to use "subconscious" as it's still a theoretical construct)
The supermemo site in particular points towards particularly negative, nay even pessimistic viewpoints; albeit though they are trying to sell you their rote learning software that is.
I assume this is something you've already come across however.

#43459 01/05/05 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by karnautrahl:
What benefit did you get out of that photoreading in the bookshop Alex?

Simply to decide if the book is worth buying
I spent a little over an hour in one book shop and PhotoRead about 90 books (I lost count ) After PhotoReading them I went back to the books and selected which ones to buy.

quote:

There seems to be a hell of a lot on the net that say photoreading cannot work by the way.
Some of it apparently is to do with how fast we can really process the written word and some of it is to do with the speed with which we can store such information in the brain. (I hesitate to use "subconscious" as it's still a theoretical construct)

When I show my classes how much information we process non-consiously and how much we are aware of consciously the jaws drop.

Just the eyes for example.
The eyes pick up 10,000,000 bits of informaion and yet we are consciously only aware of 40 bits ber second.

There is a lot of information on the subject I could ramble on and that is pointless.

quote:
The supermemo site in particular points towards particularly negative, nay even pessimistic viewpoints; albeit though they are trying to sell you their rote learning software that is.
I assume this is something you've already come across however.[/B]

Their techniques have a place in learning too. Repetition is how we learned to use a spoon, tie our shoe laces and remember our names.

Alex

#43460 01/06/05 12:27 AM
limo Offline OP
OP Offline

Ill tell you this alex, you are one clever guy, i like reading your indepth posts beacuse i ALWAYS find yet another thing that helps me along the way of becoming, a more skilled photoread!

I hope people know of the considerably noticeable effort you put in!

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved