Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi I have a lot of questions, I hope you could help me and answer thwm all please.
I read the book of PhotoReading WMS and I tried it. I was really enthusiastic about it.
I tried to Photoread like 10 books and I do´n't recall anything, I might be doing something wrong.
1-What is a better way to concentrate?
2-How do I know I am on the theta state?
3-When I Photofocus the words become just a sain, a bunch of blurry things on the page, I would never guess wahat word is it, is that ok?
4-Before Photoreading I just sit comfortable and breathe deep for like 30 seconds and then I begin photoreading, is that ok?
5-When I photoread I chant 1 2 3 4 and change the page and breathe deeply, but I begin to think on somethings like distracting, should that happen?, how can I avoid it?
6-Whe I am Photoreading sometimes i see a word or a diagram and I begin to think about it, but I don't stop Photoreading, in The Einstein Factor says that then I lost theta state, if I do that I have to stop Photoreading?, what should I do? how can I avoid it?
7-After I am on theta state, cant I put attention to anything besides the book, like scratching my head or see who just walked by?
8-What is the fastest and better way to recall: I photoread Euclid's geometrical demonstration, they are really easy for me, and then tried to solve one but I couldnt. I tried also Photoread a dictionary and solve an SAT before and after and was exactly the same, I didn't got any different
9- And finally, the weirdest thing happens to me when I Photoread. The day I photoread, Iwent to sleep as any normal day, and fell asleep, like two hours after that I wake up and I am not sleepy at all, and then I can't sleep! I have to wait like an hour or more to fall asleep again. This has happened just the days I photoread and everytime I do it. Another weird thing Is that when I wake up at morning I am not sleepy because I slept less, as normally happens to me when I wake up at night. Why this happens?
Please answer this questions I hope you could help me I really want to learn to Photoread.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by franciscojosedea:
Hi I have a lot of questions, I hope you could help me and answer thwm all please.
I read the book of PhotoReading WMS and I tried it. I was really enthusiastic about it.
I tried to Photoread like 10 books and I do´n't recall anything, I might be doing something wrong.

You don't mention what you do for activation?

quote:
1-What is a better way to concentrate?

Tangerine Technique

quote:
2-How do I know I am on the theta state?

Photofocus. you using more theta by default.

quote:
3-When I Photofocus the words become just a sain, a bunch of blurry things on the page, I would never guess wahat word is it, is that ok?

You're not trying to read the individual words. You're supposed to be looking at the whole page. If you are trying to read the words you are brining your conscious mind into play. That will turn off the link to the non conscious mind.

quote:
4-Before Photoreading I just sit comfortable and breathe deep for like 30 seconds and then I begin photoreading, is that ok?

What happend to stating your purpose and affirming your intentions? Nor do you mention the closing affirmations anywere.

quote:
5-When I photoread I chant 1 2 3 4 and change the page and breathe deeply, but I begin to think on somethings like distracting, should that happen?, how can I avoid it?

Turn the pages faster. You should be turning a page every 2 seconds when you say the chant 4 3 2 1, you turn roughly on each count.

If you get distracted just bring your mind back to the chant.

quote:
6-Whe I am Photoreading sometimes i see a word or a diagram and I begin to think about it, but I don't stop Photoreading, in The Einstein Factor says that then I lost theta state, if I do that I have to stop Photoreading?, what should I do? how can I avoid it?

If you find yourself in conversation in your mind about something in the book it might be worth while checking it out with a closer look. Otherwise remember the chant and come back to that and the page turning.

quote:
7-After I am on theta state, cant I put attention to anything besides the book, like scratching my head or see who just walked by?

make sure you said the closing affirmations and have done a post view to get those mind probing questions on track.

quote:
8-What is the fastest and better way to recall: I photoread Euclid's geometrical demonstration, they are really easy for me, and then tried to solve one but I couldnt. I tried also Photoread a dictionary and solve an SAT before and after and was exactly the same, I didn't got any different [/b

Do activation

quote:
[b]9- And finally, the weirdest thing happens to me when I Photoread. The day I photoread, Iwent to sleep as any normal day, and fell asleep, like two hours after that I wake up and I am not sleepy at all, and then I can't sleep! I have to wait like an hour or more to fall asleep again. This has happened just the days I photoread and everytime I do it. Another weird thing Is that when I wake up at morning I am not sleepy because I slept less, as normally happens to me when I wake up at night. Why this happens?
Please answer this questions I hope you could help me I really want to learn to Photoread.

Cool. Theta is where we spend almost half of our sleep time.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited January 09, 2005).]

The sleep thing might also be explain by sleep cycles. Sleep cycles are roughly 90 minutes long. If you wake up at either the beginning or end of a sleep cycle, you feel more refreshed than waking up in the middle of one. So it's usually multiples of 90 minutes. If your brain/body feels like it needs more sleep, than it will go on to the next sleep cycle. Until an alarm goes off and you're forced to wake up no matter what, or until you feel rested enough and you'll wake up naturally. Naps should either be combinations of 90 minutes, or it can be 20 minutes exactly. 20 minutes is like the first part of the sleep cycle, I forgot what occurs in that first part that's different from everything else, but it's a point where you can wake up and feel well rested. Possibly why Mr. Sheele recommends 20 minutes or a sleep cycle(90 minutes) for the information to incubate.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved